I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 07:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413335 times)
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1875 on: May 01, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »

Great photos there Poppy. I hope Mog comes home soon.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
deniferfer

My nickname is princess

« Reply #1876 on: May 02, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »

Aww Poppylicious your mog is so cute!! I really hope he comes back home to you.  :cuddle;

1981-1995: Perfectly fine
1996: November, started feeling sick
1997: April, creatine at 17 and began dialysis    
1997: May Place on PD
2006: Had to replace PD tube
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1877 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »

A gorgeous boy!
Indeed you are, galvo ...

;D

Thanks lovelies.

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1878 on: May 02, 2012, 10:42:39 PM »

Yo!

Galvo
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1879 on: May 03, 2012, 01:39:36 AM »

I'm packing to move, which entertains the kittens to no end.  They have an addiction to Sharpie markers, which keep disappearing from the spots I set them down and reappearing in places like the bathroom and under the pillows on my bed.

When I saw Dora digging desperately under my storage bench, I figured she had knocked one under it.  Yup.  I shifted the bench, which doesn't get moved very often because it is heavy and usually full of even heavier things.  In order to reach the pen, I pushed the bench all the way out from the wall, partially lifted it, and found an assortment of cat toys as well as my missing Sharpie.  I found two little pom-poms that I don't remember giving to the kittens, one pink and one blue.  I think they belonged to my last cat, and have probably been wedged under the bench for ages. 

So I figured that was perfect - one for the boy, one for the girl.  I tossed them to the kittens to distract them from the markers.

It was a distraction, all right.

I have no idea what the difference is between the two besides color.  Certainly none that I can tell.  But the blue pom-pom is apparently the BEST THING EVER.  They have been fighting over it ever since.  I realized this only when I started to hear a strange noise, an off-kilter buzzing like a wobbly fan.  I was trying to figure out what was running, and if it was in my apartment or one of my neighbors.

No, it's my little Murphy, with a tiny blue pom-pom in his mouth, growling at his sister to keep her away from the silly thing.  Have you ever heard a 2-pound kitten attempting to sound ferocious? 
 ;D

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1880 on: May 03, 2012, 02:07:09 AM »

When I saw Dora digging desperately under my storage bench, I figured she had knocked one under it. 
*gasp*

You have a Dora too?!

My Dora loves round things, but has a tendancy to chase them under furniture and/or give up on them very quickly.  I think she's ADHD.  Plus she never stops talking. 

;D 

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1881 on: May 03, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »

Dora is short for Theodora - and she's also my own little Dora the Explorer - she's into everything!  All attitude, too.

Her brother Murphy is the talker, but they both are pretty mouthy for non-Siamese.  They are only 3 months old right now, and they don't have adult meows yet - it's more of a peep or a squeak, but they are LOUD squeaks!

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1882 on: May 05, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »

Ah, my Dora is short for Adora which was her name at the shelter (not sure if it was her name before she went there though).  I couldn't stand Adora because it reminded me of Wizardora, a British children's telly show from the nineties with a very frustrating theme tune which I kept singing to myself.  I think Dora suits her better.  Love the name Theodora! 

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1883 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »

Okay, I know most dogs love peanut butter, but I've never seen it from cats before.  Mine will attack me the minute they see the Jif jar.  They LOVE it.  I have to lock them in another room to eat it unmolested.  What is that???

Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #1884 on: May 11, 2012, 01:49:27 PM »

I've just adopted this little guy a bit over a week ago. His name is Rocky, he's russian blue, 1 1/2 yrs oild. He is the sweetest little guy, loves to be with me, I think he sees me as his mama, when I'm gone too long, he does a "kitty inquisition" when I get home. I can only imagine what he's saying to me while he's talking away!

My other 3 are okay with him. The two boys, Smudge & Teddy, more so. Lila I call my little princess, she certainly fits the bill for that name!

The biggest thing the 3 need to get used to is Rocky runs just to run. I've started calling him Rocky Rocket and he crashes into things. He mostly wipes out my cross stitch board with my latest forever project on it (you should hear the sound when it hits the hard wood floors!), I'm thinking he's telling me to finish it once and for all! lol
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1885 on: May 11, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »

My last kitty got the "zooms" just like Rocky.  Just running up and down the hall and around the rooms for no reason at all....

conchman

« Reply #1886 on: May 11, 2012, 04:53:18 PM »

Thats why I have a dog...just sits in one spot chasing his tail...much smarter than a cat  :sarcasm;  ;D

"If I had trouble the warranty said, breathe in, breathe out, move on"- J.Buffett

1991 diagnosed PKD (kidneys, liver)
2010 kidneys at 35% (left 2x size)
2011 kidneys at 30% (left 2x size)
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1887 on: May 11, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »

Thats why I have a dog...just sits in one spot chasing his tail...much smarter than a cat  :sarcasm; ;D
I've got a dumb dog then, he will run around the house if we let him. f e goes up or down the stairs in a hurry, he will trip himself.

Kitty Kat, those Russian Blues are great cats to have from what I have read and seen on animal planet.

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #1888 on: May 11, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »

Thanks everyone. I've become very attached to him. he's very laid back and considering he's had a hard start to his life and is a bit insecure, he really goes all out.

The second he starts zooming through the house, I've noticed the dog and cats all scatter to different corners to be out of the way completely. lol  It's really funny to watch. But when he falls asleep, he's like a log now, nothing disturbs him at all.

His only bad habit is that he shreds newspaper. Better than any shredder I have ever owned!! lol! I don't think I'd mind so much if it wasn't the daily paper. I don't get to it too early, it gets delivered in the afternoon but the little goober shreds it so you can't read some of the pages!

Chris I've noticed with my dog that every once in a while, she will get going so fast that she falls and gets back up! I end up just staring at her. She's a Nova Scotia Duck Toller/husky cross. She's beautiful, thinks she's an 80 pound cat and tries to round up the cats which doesn't fly well. Don't feel bad about the tripping, it's comical! I thought I was the only who had a dog who did that.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1889 on: May 11, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »

If I could, I'd post videos of him grass swimming.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1890 on: May 12, 2012, 08:19:58 AM »

His only bad habit is that he shreds newspaper. Better than any shredder I have ever owned!! lol! I don't think I'd mind so much if it wasn't the daily paper. I don't get to it too early, it gets delivered in the afternoon but the little goober shreds it so you can't read some of the pages!
Ha ha!  My Moggly used to do that when we first got him.  In fact, the reason why his previous owners had decided they couldn't look after him anymore was that he shredded EVERYTHING paper-based!  However, he had been an indoor cat and the rescue place told us that if we let him go out he'd probably stop doing it.  They were right; we suffered three weeks of shredded paper (including the post through the letterbox) and finally allowed him to go out and he only ever shredded paper (including cardboard boxes, he loved those!) after that when he was bored and wanted to go out.  He was the same with electric cables ... check any unhidden cables, just in case!!  He looks adorable, btw.

;D

(I've just realised that I've typed this entire post in the past-tense ... *sad face* ... my mind must be expecting to never see him again - it will be four weeks tomorrow since he left for a big adventure).

Kitty Cat

Lila & Smudgie

« Reply #1891 on: May 12, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »

I'm so sorry about Mog, I've been praying that he'll return to his safe, loving home.

Years ago I had a cat that would chew electrical cords. It was so bad that after she passed and cable came out to fix our internet, they had to replace wires that she had chewed through!

Thankfully the only thing Rocky is doing is shredding paper, he spent alot of time with me alone last night and he hasn't even touched the paper today! I'm pretty sure it all has to do with his rough start in life. I give him credit though, to have started out in a bad situation and accidently end up in a 2nd one, to be able to trust like he does, I find very touching.

I still say that if people sit back and watch how animals interact, there's a lot we could learn for the better kind of man kind.
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1892 on: May 13, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »

I still say that if people sit back and watch how animals interact, there's a lot we could learn for the better kind of man kind.
This reminds me that yesterday I watched Dora-cat pretending to be Ninja-cat (the video that did the rounds a couple of years ago?) ... she was stalking a neighbour's cat over the road and every time it turned around she'd suddenly stop and stand still with an air of innocence about her as if to say, What, me?  Stalking you?  Nah ...!  Or maybe I've got it wrong and they were just playing that kids game (Statues?)

;D

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1893 on: May 13, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

Years ago I had a cat that would chew electrical cords. It was so bad that after she passed and cable came out to fix our internet, they had to replace wires that she had chewed through!

We have that problem with our female ragdoll  :banghead;
She chews electrical cords, speaker wres, paper, kleenex, and maybe something I am forgetting. We thnk she will electrcute herself one day with the chewing. So she is banned from the bedrooms unless someone is there to keep an eye on her. The one room she sleeps in has the cords hidden behind furniture and a poster frame It's a very bad habbit that came out of nowwhere that started a couple years ago that she never did before.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1894 on: May 14, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »

We thnk she will electrcute herself one day with the chewing.
Mog came home one day last summer with burn marks round his mouth (in the exact shape that you would expect from sticking an electric cable in your mouth, and presumably from the building site nearby!).  Thankfully the vet said it would clear up of its own accord, and it did ... the best thing was that he learnt his lesson and didn't chew any cables for about three months.  Then he forgot and started again (in one night he managed to chew my mobile phone charger into three pieces, damaged the aerial cord and sent my bedside lamp to bedside lamp heaven).  Silly bugger!  A part of me thinks he probably chewed through something again and wasn't quite so lucky this time *sad face*.  In our bedroom all wires are taped down with pretty tape and he wasn't allowed in the office or the living room without supervision. 

Cats can be so pesky ... and so very difficult to train!

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1895 on: May 14, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »

I lost count how many phone chargers, iPhone cables, USB cables I had to replace because of her obsession. Then there's the countless other things she has chewed :banghead;

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #1896 on: June 13, 2012, 09:55:00 PM »

I now have photographic proof that I have the two weirdest kittens ever...

They chased the plate across the floor, gobbling the peanut butter, until the catnip got bounced into the peanut butter, making it impossible to get to without getting a bit of the nip at the same time.  Then they began to attempt to cover up the plate.

galvo
Member for Life

« Reply #1897 on: June 13, 2012, 10:25:51 PM »

A right pair of comedians!

Galvo
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1898 on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »

The third photo is just how our male cat looks when he hears or sees you have a water bottle and he will try to grab it out of your hands!

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1899 on: June 17, 2012, 01:43:49 AM »

Cats can be so pesky ... and so very difficult to train!

Oh but we humans... darn EASY to train - if you're a kitty!!!! :)

*huggles* I'm so sorry Mog has not returned :( I hope wherever he is, he is at rest and purring contentedly......

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »