I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2024, 07:18:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413321 times)
lizabee

« Reply #1600 on: October 06, 2009, 05:32:18 PM »

We have a 7 year old black lab, Toby, a rescue that was once someone's assitance dog, he is wonderful and very helpful with me being sick...and we also have a 3 year old cat, Wee Beastie, also a rescue...her personality is hilarious
looneytunes
Elite Member

Wishin' I was Fishin'

« Reply #1601 on: October 07, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »

We have:

A Mini Schnauzer - Duke
An Austrailian Shepherd - Molly (who is a working stock dog)
50 head of Cattle (they all have names including George, who is our Angus bull)
14 fish
4 partime resident farm cats - Alvin, Theodore, Simon and Shelley
Lots of wildlife - deer, squirrels, chipmunks, foxes (including a red fox), coyotes, bobcats....love them all!

"The key to being patient is having something to do in the meantime" AU
Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1602 on: October 07, 2009, 01:05:57 PM »

We have a beautiful pussy-cat called Tabatha.  She chose us to rescue her because she could obviously tell that I had the patience of a saint (she took so long to come out from behind the tellybox that Blokey was beginning to think about sending her back from whence she came! It took another two years before she'd jump on our laps and a further year before she would tolerate being picked up ... if I could get my mitts on the pesky people who hurt her ... *shakes fist angrily*)

We also have an aquarium with five Loaches, six Mollies and six Guppies.  They're not as much fun as Tabatha. 

I'm so sorry to hear about Ming kitkatz :-(.

x

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1603 on: October 07, 2009, 02:48:02 PM »

What is a loach?

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1604 on: October 08, 2009, 07:19:32 AM »

my poor kitty threw up next to the bed yesterday.. which was unfortunate as I didn't see it and... well.. yo get the idea...

... but she was very apologetic and sweet when she felt all better again and I was watching a video on my laptop lying propped up on my bed and she came and came and sat on my shoulder and watched with me :)

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
sutphendriver

« Reply #1605 on: October 08, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »

This is Desi Lu and Hopper

Poppylicious
Elite Member

« Reply #1606 on: October 08, 2009, 01:26:22 PM »

What is a loach?

It's a long skinny bottom-feeding freshwater fish, with whiskers. 

my poor kitty threw up next to the bed yesterday.. which was unfortunate as I didn't see it and... well.. yo get the idea...

... but she was very apologetic and sweet when she felt all better again and I was watching a video on my laptop lying propped up on my bed and she came and came and sat on my shoulder and watched with me :)

Oh, yucky!  This reminds me of the time I woke up to discover that Tabatha had vomited on my pillow.  Unfortunately my head happened to be on the pillow too and thus she was banished from the bedroom for a very long time after that! 

- wife of kidney recepient (10/2011) -
venting myself online since 2003 (personal blog)
grumbles of a dialysis wife-y (kidney blog)
sometimes i take pictures (me, on flickr)

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1607 on: October 11, 2009, 10:50:22 AM »

Pebbles and Tia look like they are friends, but actually the heater is on!  Could not resist this picture.

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1608 on: October 11, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

Cute picture Rerun

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
harley08

« Reply #1609 on: October 13, 2009, 12:00:23 PM »

Rerun- they are sssoooo cute, i love when you can catch a picture like that :2thumbsup;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1610 on: October 13, 2009, 03:35:03 PM »

Look at those ears on the little one!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Ladystardust24

Keep Calm, Carry on.

« Reply #1611 on: October 13, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »

Here's another, my cocker mix.  I raised her from less than 2 weeks old.  She almost died twice - once from puppy strangles, second time from parvo.  I had a mini-hospital set up in my bedroom for almost a month, with iv drip, iv drugs, etc.  (I work for a vet but she wasn't allowed in clinic b/c of possibility of spreading parvo.)  Now she is a complete brat with no manners and I have no one to blame but myself because I spoiled her.   ;)   This pic was taken when she was about 5-6 weeks old I believe.

thats such a cute doggieee!!!! omg!

Dialysis 99-01
transplanted 01-04
Dialysis 04-10
Currently Transplant 10-22 +!

Very grateful for my Ziggy Bean.
Ladystardust24

Keep Calm, Carry on.

« Reply #1612 on: October 15, 2009, 12:05:49 AM »

I don't remember in what order they are in , but  Here is

Me with my Baby Teddy! He's a portuguese water dog. a. no it's not any kind of "..oodle,doodle" of any sort. b. No we did not get one because we are Obama supporters... We got Teddy way before President Obama.  and C. No, for the trillionth time.. we did not name him after Ted Kennedy.. even if he was our state senator and had 3 Portuguese water doggies... But we did need a hypoallergetic dog because of my dad's allergies.. and we thought they were a good breed for us. And they are amazing dogs... so smart and friendly and kind. Teddy is such a sweetheart, I have yet to meet someone who didnt look into his honey brown/hazel eyes and fall in love! In fact, the the doggie park.. he is quite the casanova!  :guitar:  And he loves everyone... (except for pitbulls... he's not a fan of them.) But hes so well behaved. I love him so much! sometimes he cuddles up to me in my bed and puts his head on my pillow like a real human being! hehe. And then There is Motya.. (Mo-t-ya) But sometimes we call him Mo. He's... very.. uh. cat napoleon like. haha. But he loves me. And he loves to come and cuddle me. Since I don't live at home right now since I can't climb the stairs... when I go visit him at my dad's Gf's he comes and sniffs me right away.and they both stay next to me the whole time im there! I love them soo much!!!  :bandance;

Dialysis 99-01
transplanted 01-04
Dialysis 04-10
Currently Transplant 10-22 +!

Very grateful for my Ziggy Bean.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1613 on: October 15, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »

Could only see the middle picture well enough to see one of your pets. My friend from years and years ago as a kid had a dog that looked like yours in he middle picture. Gotta love those bigger dogs with those faces.

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1614 on: October 20, 2009, 08:56:46 PM »

Why my dogs hate Halloween!  Sorry, I could not resist!  No more of my dogs!    :o

tyefly
Elite Member

This will be me...... Next spring.... I earned it.

« Reply #1615 on: October 21, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »

Rerun... your puppies are so cute.....   they are all cute.......  keep them coming   we cant get enough.....

Here are a couple of mine when they were young.....   Juno and ketah

IgA Nephropathy   April 2009
CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
In-Center Dialysis   Sept 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010
Extended Nxstage March 2011

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

Hello from the Oregon Coast.....

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
- John Muir
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1616 on: October 21, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

After using my photo software, I could see them better tyefly. I love that breed of dog. My uncle had them when I was growing up. One would pass on and he'd get another one of the bred. Now he has switched to rottwielers though.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

tyefly
Elite Member

« Reply #1617 on: October 22, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »

Yes  Chris   those Pic were not that good.....   but they are still cute.....all puppies are cute.......  as for your friend who went from huskies to rots.....   wow   what a change......   Rots just plain scare me to death.......  and thats not fair to say...cause I have seen some small dogs who were more rough than any rot.....   Huskies are hard to train  and they are very independent..... but thats what I like about them....     they are not robotic.......  and sometimes I wish they were......  my male knows how to get into the refrigerator......Bad Dog...!!

CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

I am learning to live close to the lives of my friends without ever seeing them. No miles of any measurement can separate your soul from mine.
- John Muir

- John Muir
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1618 on: October 22, 2009, 01:25:31 PM »

Tyefly, all my uncle dogs were well behaved. His huskies though would take a day or two to let you pet them or come around to be by you, so as a kid you had to be careful to pet hem at first. His rottweilers )sp?) have been big lovable bruts from the get go. They seemed to sense family or something, but unknown people barks like mad till told to shut up by him. They are like our muscle. Just depends who raises and trains them. I have known pitbulls that are great pets also and have the stigma as the bad boy of the dog breeds. I should say the American Pit Bull with al the coverage of dog fighting and not the ones like Cycobully's.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

tyefly
Elite Member

« Reply #1619 on: October 22, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »

I agree....   my huskies are well trained too ....but  they do take time to greet other people....  they dont really give people any attention......  untill after they know them.....   must be common for the breed..... my last two huskies were the same way.....   I have never had or been around a rot  but I have seen them play with other dogs....   I am sure they make good pets for their families....  Pits   they are  so cute ,,,, it too bad they have just a bad rap with the public.....  so many people have really abused that breed.....  they certainly didnt have to go that route....   I like all dogs....   and   I really like cats too......  I have had many cats in my life.....  when I was 20  I got my first cat and I started numbering them ,,,,she was # 1  and I kept going   I had #3 for 19 years......  I got up to # 15 over the years  and then started naming them  north kitty and south kitty.....  I found out early in life that cats that roam  dont live long  and the ones that stay on the front porch.... they live forever almost.......  Tabbies are my favorite.....

CKD    May 2009
AV Fistula  June 2009
Nxstage    Feb 2010

Transplant Sept 2, 2011

- John Muir

- John Muir
Maker

« Reply #1620 on: October 25, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »

My 2 kitties are brother and sister from the humane society.  Jake is gray & Justine is black and they both are very hairy.  They are naughty cats but they make me laugh every day and that's a very good thing!!  They follow me everywhere I go in the house and sit in the front bay window and wait for me to come home when I leave.  Basically, they are my family here  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:56:48 PM by Maker » Logged

- Lori

33 years old
Diagnosed February 2007
Started In-Center Hemo October 2009
Trying to qualify for a living donor transplant

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1621 on: October 25, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »

Awww thank you so much for posting pictures of your furry family members Maker!! They are gorgeous :)

I know the feeling too. My cat waits by the front door when it's time that I should be home. I can tell from the carpet she clearly waits there for a few hours.. I opened up a little bit of blind so she can look out and see people coming and going (and of course see when I am around!). Sometimes she gets so excited when I come home I can hear her meowing on the other side of the door - it's so gorgeous to have *someone* happy to see you when you get home and just want to spend time with *you* !!!

Some silly people say Cats are only out for themselves and aloof.. but I think we all know the truth. Once you have a bond with a kitty, they love you no matter what and just want to spend time with you sharing their unconditional love and support. It is very special :)

I'd be lost without my feline overlord :)

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1622 on: October 25, 2009, 11:24:29 PM »

Cute cats Maker.

My parents cats watch out the window for them to come home at a certain time and then wait at the door for them to come in. They know the sound of our vehicles to, so they will be waiting for any of us at the door.

Our female cat is a trouble maker. For some reason she likes to chew paper and recently has chewed the telephone line and speaker wires a couple times. I think my mom should take her to the vet to at least have the teeth looked at. Or I should get a mini dog bone  :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Maker

« Reply #1623 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:03 AM »

Haha Chris,  my boy kitty chews all kinds of cords & wires!  Once he was on my lap when I was on the phone talking with my hands free and all of a sudden the phone went dead.  I looked down and he had chewed completely thru the cord!  I thought dogs chewed, not cats, but then again mine seem to think they are dogs anyway.

Yesterday they got into an unopened butter tub (broke the seal themselves) and ate almost all of it while I was gone!  I am careful not to leave food on the counter but I wasn't concerned about it since it was sealed!  Guess I underestimated their abilites and gluttony  :'( Thank God they didn't get sick  ???   

And Richard, you need to get your kitty a window seat!  They are really cheap on Amazon and easy to install.  I just ordered mine because since the weather changed and I had to closed the windows you would think the cats are going into depression or something.  The sills are too narrow for them to sit on if the window is closed.

- Lori

33 years old
Diagnosed February 2007
Started In-Center Hemo October 2009
Trying to qualify for a living donor transplant

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"  Philippians 4:13
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1624 on: October 26, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »

oh rest assured my kitty is CATered for just fine :) She has a sunny window sil with not one, but TWO blankets for her to snooze on. She spends a lot of time there I know from seeing her there AND the amount of fur deposited :)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »