I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 01:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413389 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #1450 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:28 AM »

All the dogs are very cute.
David13
Member for Life

A meow massages the heart.

« Reply #1451 on: March 17, 2009, 06:21:45 AM »

Jade is a great-looking dog, Ang!

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #1452 on: March 18, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »

4th  member  of  the  family-jade

What a cutie Ang!  German Shorthaired Pointer?  I have a liver colored one, they are great dogs!

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
breezysummerday

« Reply #1453 on: March 18, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

This is Chili.  I call him Chill Bone most times.  A rottweiler/retriever cross.
I needed one more thing for dinner.  So, Ray and our daughter came
home with him too.  That was 10 years ago.  He is loyal and very
intelligent.  Some words we've got to spell out!

caregiver to Ray
renal failure 6/08
listed 7/09
~thank you epoman~
David13
Member for Life

« Reply #1454 on: March 18, 2009, 02:57:24 PM »

Chili is adorable!   :2thumbsup;

“The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization” - Sigmund Freud
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1455 on: March 18, 2009, 04:04:59 PM »

breezysummerday, Chill Bone is just beautiful.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #1456 on: March 19, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »

Have I missed something? There's no picture of Chilli!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #1457 on: March 19, 2009, 02:40:04 PM »

I can see Chili's picture---he is a beauty!     We had to spell "out" because our dog would go nuts when he heard the word.  After awhile, he knew that O U T meant out!   :rofl;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #1458 on: March 19, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »

Son of a b****! Not only does my clinic block streaming media, it now blocks photographs too!! I'm at home and can see Chili fine. He's adorable!!

I can see Chili's picture---he is a beauty!     We had to spell "out" because our dog would go nuts when he heard the word.  After awhile, he knew that O U T meant out!   :rofl;

Our dogs now know what "o-u-t" means too, but we suspect it's because we use the same tone of voice as when we ask them if they want to go "out."

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1459 on: March 20, 2009, 05:10:20 PM »

Hello Everyone...

I LOVE this thread.... I've been drooling over your 'Pawed People' for ages, and I'd like to introduce you all to our little monster!...

Here he is... First pic is how he looked the day we got him... (July 2nd '08)... Second one... Well, I think the groomer might have gone just a little bit crazy with the clippers... You see... There really was a dog underneath all of that hair!!!....

His name is Dougal, and he was found by Gardai (Irish Police) straying on a busy road... The gardai kept him among themselves for a week, because they're too soft to put him into the pound!...

Anyway, when nobody reported him missing to Gardai, Dog wardens, or Rescue Centres, they were looking to rehome him... Our Community Gardai knew that we were looking for a small dog, so on July 2nd, he took up residence, and from that minute on, he's acted like he owns the place!!!... Took him to the vet's that evening... Vet guessed that he was about a year old, a Yorkie/King Charles cross, and is in very good health... He's a TOTAL wimp, though... Made a real show of me... You all know the size of the tiny needles that are used for vaccinations???... Well he howled the flipping place down... You'd think he was being slaughtered instead of vaccinated!!!... (Male) Vet says that the male of most species are big softies where needles are concerned!!!... Says that females are more stoic... Could have told him that myself!!!...   

We swore that we wanted a short haired female... And look what we've ended up with!...  Having said that though, if I'd written a list of qualities we wanted in a dog, he has them all... He's VERY clean... No accidents in the house... Eats everything... Loves everyone, particularly children, and is the most ferocious watch dog... On the day the gardai brought him, one of them went outside to make a phone call... He was only out about ten minutes, and Dougal growled and barked at him when he came back in!!!... There's gratitude for you!!!... Even barked at our next door neighbour for daring to walk into HER OWN front garden!... 

Getting VERY cute... Apart from the usual 'sit', 'stay', 'down' 'heel' 'shake hands' etc, he's learned how to wrap people around his paw... If you ask him to 'speak', he'll bark, or if you say 'Dougal, Lap', he'll hop into your lap... When you've treats and you tell him to 'say please', he'll bark... He has that one well worked out... Our pharmacist had treats and said "What do you say?"... Of course the little charmer barked!!!... Now of course all this has it's disadvantages... It means that he's now seen as a local character... And whenever we go walkies, we get mobbed with people giving him treats!!!... Means I've often walked him at about 5am to avoid the masses!... Dougal loves early morning walkies, but if you try to walk him after about 5pm, he just puts on the brakes, and refuses point blank to go!!!... Guess he's just a morning person... And God help me if it's raining, and I try to walk him... No chance... Brakes go on... I'd say that there are skidmarks in the hallway... And if it starts raining when we're already out, he hops into my lap (I'm a wheelchair User), and barks at me... Think he's saying "Take me home, NOW!"... Little horror!...

Oh well... I'd better shut up... I'll be seen as a doting mum... I'm NOT... But my Mum IS... She thinks that the sun shines out of him!!!!...

Love to all of us pet lovers... We've a lot to be proud of!... 

Love...

« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:21:10 PM by Darthvadar » Logged

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1460 on: March 20, 2009, 05:33:16 PM »

Wait.. those 2 photos are the SAME dog??? Wow!
Well, both are adorable, I would be a proud mum too!

Here is our cat Woody. I was out taking photos of roses by the pool yesterday. He always has to do something to get me to take his photo!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
David13
Member for Life

« Reply #1461 on: March 20, 2009, 05:40:10 PM »

Dougal is quite a handsome lad!

And so is Woody!

Now how about some photos of Rocky the tortoise!   :bow;

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1462 on: March 20, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »

lol Woody looks like he's trying to see if there's any fish in the pool!!!! So cute :)

Dougal... such a fine Irish name... he's quite cute for a dawg!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1463 on: March 20, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »

Now how about some photos of Rocky the tortoise!   :bow;

Oh yes! Here's a recent one - not so great but you can see his home made from a shipping box - he outgrew the other house!

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
David13
Member for Life

« Reply #1464 on: March 20, 2009, 07:21:27 PM »

Oh, Rocky is so cute!  And he is growing!

I'll bet he can't wait until his brothers "wake up" from their long winter nap!   

Thanks for the picture, Karol!   :yahoo;

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1465 on: March 21, 2009, 04:19:20 AM »

Yep... Believe it or not, that IS the same mutt!... :rofl;

He looks a bit different, alright!... He's almost as shaggy again... That haircut was done in September... He has an appointment to have his hair cut again on Apr. 7th.. At least he'll look a bit tidy again...

LOVE the pic of Woody... He's a lovely cat!...

Oh yes... Dougal's 'Sweet' , 'Cute' 'Innocent'... Oh yeah, right... NOT!!!!... Today, the little brat got his paws on a twelve pack of loo rolls... I was up to my ankles in shredded Kleenex Velvet!!!... Then he got hold of ANOTHER container plant... Leaves, flowers, stems, compost, and chewed container EVERYWHERE!!!... But about three months ago really TOOK THE BISCUIT... And before you ask, yes, we DO feed him!!!..

I did'nt get the little fart out for walkies, but Mum did... And you won't believe what he did with a lighting cigarette end that a idiot of a man in front of Mum dropped... Folks, the silly little sod ATE it!!!!!!.... He ATE a LIGHTING cigarette end... Ash, tobacco, and filter... Ate the whole frigging lot!!!!!!!.... Mum was distraught... "Waaahhhh, he's BOUND to have a burnt mouth... He must be in AGONY!"... 

The pharmacist called to deliver some medication, and between us, we got a good look inside his mouth... Not a mark!!!... Mum did'nt believe it... "But it's BOUND to hurt... I'll just give him some milk to soothe his little mouth!"... I can tell you that he had NO trouble eating ANYTHING he was offered, including his dried food... But he had Mum FRANTIC!!!!!....

I rang the vet... He was wetting himself with laughter... Said he's had dogs eat strange things, but that's a new one on him!!!!... He said that if he had no burns, was eating and drinking well, and showed no sign of being sick or having diahorrea, there was nothing to worry about... I can tell you, he had Mum around the little paw... Got lots of "Little treats to ease his poor sore little mouth"... Yeah, right,  sore little mouth indeed!!!...

I need'nt have worried... I slept until 7 the following morning, and when I went into the kitchen, he gave me a look that quite clearly said "You're LATE..... I'm hungry!!!"...   

Oh gawd, the joys of being a pet owner!!!... What can I say???... He IS a man, so I syuppose I can't really expect him to think!!...

Be good everyone...

Take care of yourselves and the people with paws!..

God bless you all...

Love...

Darth...

Cared for my late mum, Elsie who had Kidney Failure... Darling mum died on July 15th 2014... May her gentle soul rest in peace....
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1466 on: March 21, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »

hmm so this is how you Irish ladies treat stray males.....

can you adopt me??????  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; :rofl; I don't eat cigarettes (or dry food) but I am house trained!!!  :rofl; :rofl;

27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1467 on: March 22, 2009, 05:50:56 AM »

Okay Richard... No problem with the adoption idea...

Yes that's exactly what we do with the strays anyway.... Yes, he is spoiled rotten, but he makes Mum smile!...

There's just one small matter to be attended to before you're adopted.... What day would you like me to book you into the vet's for a 'small readjustment' operation?....  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;... Dougal was only four hours in the house when I was onto the vet's making 'that' appointment!...  >:D >:D >:D

Love...

Darth.....

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1468 on: March 22, 2009, 06:00:20 AM »

uh....

*backs away slowly covering between his legs*

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1469 on: March 22, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »

Chicken!!!!!....  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;...

*HOWLING with laughter at that reaction*

Darth.....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:07:58 AM by Darthvadar » Logged

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1470 on: March 22, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »

come to think of it the way my love life has been lately I might as well have been fixed!!!  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1471 on: March 22, 2009, 06:22:56 AM »

Let me know if you want me to arrange that appointment, Richard!... I'd be only too delighted to help!...  :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Darth....

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1472 on: March 22, 2009, 06:51:50 AM »

Well I don't really need it do I? It's not like it's being used is it???   :rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

:p

Now back to the real topic of pets... mine is looking at me with a funny look on her face. She probably thinks this is all stupidity and I should be doing something more productive... like feeding her!!!!  :rofl;

Darthvadar
Elite Member

« Reply #1473 on: March 22, 2009, 06:58:46 AM »

Ah Ha... Good girl, Celeste.... You show Daddy who's the boss!!!....

I'll give my little brat his piggy while I think of it!... What's a piggy???... Dried, Roasted, pigs ear... He LOVES them!....

RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1474 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:34 AM »

Sounds like Celeste.. her treat is kangaroo meat!!! Yes, she loves eating "skippy" :)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »