I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 04:56:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413490 times)
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #850 on: December 16, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »

Have you tried spraying tha :2thumbsup;t stuff they sell at the pet store to get the dog to stop chewing on things?  that would be my first suggestion (my only one at this point) :P   But i would think it would be worth a try, i'd hate to think what could happen if your dog actually ate some of that glass, ouch,  Good luck and keep us posted.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #851 on: December 16, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »

Have you tried spraying tha :2thumbsup;t stuff they sell at the pet store to get the dog to stop chewing on things?  that would be my first suggestion (my only one at this point) :P   But i would think it would be worth a try, i'd hate to think what could happen if your dog actually ate some of that glass, ouch,  Good luck and keep us posted.

I recommend the smae thing. There are products like Bitter Apple or Fooey! that might work. I know this may sound obvious, but make sure the lights are off and cool before spraying them. And let them dry before turning them back on. I sure hope he doesn't get electrocuted either!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #852 on: December 17, 2007, 01:59:54 AM »

my little fat dog keeps trying to eat the glass bulbs off the christmas tree.  he already crunched one.  has anyone experienced this and what can i do? am i the only one with a retarted dog?    :banghead;

Have heard of LOTS of dogs doing this  :)

I never have a Christmas tree, so haven't had this problem myself, but I'd go with the suggestion already made and recommend some bitter apple spray.
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #853 on: December 17, 2007, 02:52:59 AM »

Bitter Apple is very good.  I "tasted" it once, and
boy that is nasty stuff.  It reminded me of the stuff
that people put on their nails to stop biting them.
Another good thing is Hot Pepper sauce, the kind you
use to make hot wings.
Put some on a cloth and rub where you don't want
the doggie to chew.

Anne
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #854 on: December 17, 2007, 06:10:46 AM »

Hehehehe...I need one of these! The dogs would love it and I wouldn't trip over it in the middle of the night!  ::) >:D

I personally think this is a horrid thing to do to animals.  Change their genetic structure so we can experiment on them.  In Korea though I believe they eat cat and dog so.....

It's not easy being green.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #855 on: December 17, 2007, 06:36:14 AM »

Bitter Apple is very good.  I "tasted" it once, and
boy that is nasty stuff.  It reminded me of the stuff
that people put on their nails to stop biting them.
Another good thing is Hot Pepper sauce, the kind you
use to make hot wings.
Put some on a cloth and rub where you don't want
the doggie to chew.

Anne

My dogs absolutely love hot pepper sauce. They actually stand there and beg for more!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #856 on: December 17, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »

My dogs absolutely love hot pepper sauce. They actually stand there and beg for more!

Yeah one of my dogs can't get enough of the stuff either.

2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #857 on: December 17, 2007, 06:55:48 AM »

Too funny!!  Who would think a dog, whose tastebuds are supposedly so
sensitive, would actually like hot sauce??   Although my lil knucklehead shihtzu
likes Sambuca-I will sometimes let him lick a drop off of my finger :rofl;
Anne
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #858 on: December 17, 2007, 07:01:58 AM »

Too funny!!  Who would think a dog, whose tastebuds are supposedly so
sensitive, would actually like hot sauce??   Although my lil knucklehead shihtzu
likes Sambuca-I will sometimes let him lick a drop off of my finger :rofl;
Anne

And on top of it, it is said that their sense of smell is fantastic but in spite of both facts they still cant seem to get enough of the "Cat Treats" from the litter box.

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #859 on: December 18, 2007, 12:41:58 AM »

Some of them don't mind their own "dog treats" either.  :urcrazy;
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #860 on: December 18, 2007, 05:54:42 AM »

I just wanted to share how happy I am with Cody. He's been a great addition to my family this last month and I look forward to the many years we will spend together. Its so amazing knowing he is always there for you to give you unconditional love and kisses when you need it, don't need it, want it, or don't deserve it. He's like my little baby who loves me no matter goes wrong. Its wonderful.  :grouphug;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #861 on: December 18, 2007, 07:23:43 AM »

I just wanted to share how happy I am with Cody. He's been a great addition to my family this last month and I look forward to the many years we will spend together. Its so amazing knowing he is always there for you to give you unconditional love and kisses when you need it, don't need it, want it, or don't deserve it. He's like my little baby who loves me no matter goes wrong. Its wonderful.  :grouphug;

So happy to see how much joy the little guy is giving you already.
Pets are truly the best, they don't care if you didn't put your makeup
on, or gained some weight-they just always love you.
Sending him a hug from my two puppers- :cuddle;

Anne
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #862 on: December 19, 2007, 05:05:34 PM »

my little fat dog keeps trying to eat the glass bulbs off the christmas tree.  he already crunched one.  has anyone experienced this and what can i do? am i the only one with a retarted dog?    :banghead;

YES!    :rofl;   Just joshen!  Mine just knock off the ornaments with their tails!

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Katonsdad

« Reply #863 on: December 19, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »

Here is a [picture of my son with his 2 pets Joey and Roland .
Mom has allergies so real ones are out of the question .
He makes due with these to fools , who are always getting into
family pictures and videos .   I just can not stop them.

Katonsdad

Diabetes 1976
Eye issues 1987
Kidney Failure 1997
CAPD 1997 , Stopped 1997 due to infections evey 28 days
Started In Center Hemo 1997
Received Kidney/Pancreas transplant 1999 at UCLA
Wife and I had son in 2001 , by donor for my part (Stopping the illness train)
Kidney failed 2011 , Back on Hemo . Looking to retransplant as the Kidney is still working

Soft kitty, warm kitty,
 little ball of fur,
happy kitty,sleepy kitty,
 purr purr purr ::
Sheldon and Penny on The Big Bng Theory
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #864 on: December 20, 2007, 04:00:07 PM »

awww. that is such a cute picture!!!  Does he make them talk, or do they just growl and roar?
Katonsdad

« Reply #865 on: December 20, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »

I do most of the talking for them . He loves it when I do shows for him and the other stuffed ones .
They also do a regular show for Grandpa and Grandma over the the internet via a webcam.

They have a blast and are regular hams . sorta like me

Diabetes 1976
Eye issues 1987
Kidney Failure 1997
CAPD 1997 , Stopped 1997 due to infections evey 28 days
Started In Center Hemo 1997
Received Kidney/Pancreas transplant 1999 at UCLA
Wife and I had son in 2001 , by donor for my part (Stopping the illness train)
Kidney failed 2011 , Back on Hemo . Looking to retransplant as the Kidney is still working

Soft kitty, warm kitty,
 little ball of fur,
happy kitty,sleepy kitty,
 purr purr purr ::
Sheldon and Penny on The Big Bng Theory
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #866 on: December 24, 2007, 07:53:01 AM »

OK folks I know some of you like reading about the adventures of my cat Celeste. Well yesterday (Dec 24) she had a bit of an adventure I thought I'd share. It's also dialysis related so it HAS to be shared :-)

They dialyised me about an hour earlier than usual because of the Christmas holiday so when I finished at 5pm I thought to myself you know what.. I want to bring Celeste to see everyone. Since none of the bosses who might have been a bit iffy about me bringing her in were about I thought this was a good time and there were only a few patients left including one I hadn't seem for ages but is a cat owner and I knew she would apprieciate seeing Celeste in the flesh.. so I asked the staff and they were so excited and said yes please bring her in...

So I went home (I live 2 minutes walk from the unit :) ) and put Celeste in her carrier and took her back over. The first thing was as I walked into and through the hospital a lot of people looked and saw her and smiled and said hello (specially good looking women.. hmmm... I must remember this pick up tecnique :) ) and that was sweet and we saw a few kids so I took her to say hello to them and they smiled and seemed to apprieciate the feline visitor...

Then I took her into dialysis and everyone was like oooh aaaah she's soo cute etc... and I took a bit of a risk and tookher out of her carrier and held her in my arms and she seemed quite happy to be held and look around at everything.. so I took her around to all the patients to say hello (except the grumpy old man who said he wasn't a cat lover.. which is ok!) and everyone was happy to give her a little pat and say hello. The staff were awwww and all patting her and telling her how gorgeous she was (well she liked that!! :P) and everything.

I really felt I cheered everyone up a bit bringing her for some christmas cheer. I also feel Celeste is very perceptive and knows when it's important for her to be calm and not try to run off or anything. She is a very good cat :)

I felt really good when I left because I am sure I gave some cheer to everyone just with the simple act of a few minutes with my beautiful furry friend :)

MERRY CHRSTMAS TO EVERYONE AND THEIR PETS!!!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #867 on: December 25, 2007, 04:36:31 PM »

Richard, that was so thoughtful of you!!

I have always thought that our animals help us so much when we are in distress or pain.

I am very impressed that Celeste behaved so well, and gave everyone a lift, emotionally.

I can see some more field trips in Celeste's future....
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #868 on: December 25, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »

:clap; Good girl Celeste  :clap;  She sounds like such a well mannered cat, how did you get her like that?  Xena is a spoiled brat who does NOT like strangers!!!  It is very rare that she lets anyone pet her (except for me) she is usually all over me, but as soon as anyone gets near, she is splitsville, she wants nothing to do with them, darn cat,  but i love her so much  :P

www.kidneyoogle.com
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #869 on: December 26, 2007, 05:12:10 AM »

Little Charlette has a bad case of flash eyes but she wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year...Boxman
I cannot figure out how to resize pictures my Vista windows won't accept the program Epoman put up.

EDITED:  Resized photo - Goofynina/Admin.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:18:43 AM by goofynina » Logged

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #870 on: December 26, 2007, 05:45:03 AM »

How did I get Celeste like that? She's always been docile ever since I got her from the shelter when she was about 1 (she's almost 5 now). I remember so well.. it was 41 degrees celcius the valentine's day we went to the shelter (that's my gosh well over 100F) it was SO HOT. Anyway I don't even know why we went given it was so hot but we went anyway and of course all the cats were having a tough time of it lying around trying to keep cool etc... except this one little one who was doing her own thing walking around and climbing a bit. She was so small and swet yet scared off larger cats with a look or a hiss (lol).. and well when I went and said hello and she looked at me with her beautiful eyes I knew that was it...

.... when she came home she was always pretty quiet... she loves cuddling up with me whenever she can.. or sitting on my chest if I am lying down because I am feeling tired etc. She has never been one to run around heaps or anything like that... she is good natured and takes pretty much anything in her stride. I think she knows now that I will never hurt her and I love her so much that anything I do (eg: take her to the dialysis unit) is not bad or anything.

Don't get me wrong though at home she won't come near female(human) visitors.. I think she gets jealous of girls! LOL. Took her forever to get used to my (now ex) girlfriend... quite funny that.. if men came in though she'd be all over them! LOL funny girl.

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #871 on: December 26, 2007, 07:09:40 AM »

Awww!!!! Charlotte is so adorable, Boxman!!!!   Tell her I said Merry Christmas!!!

Richard, that's a cool story about Celeste!  Some animals are just so special, aren't they? Celeste is one, I think!
goofynina
Member for Life

« Reply #872 on: December 26, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »

Thank you for sharing that story RichardMel, made me smile cuz i thought of the day we went and got my Xena :)

BOXMAN!!!  I am so in love with that dog of yours, she looks just like an Ewok from StarWars :)  Absolutely precious  ::)

www.kidneyoogle.com
brenda

« Reply #873 on: December 27, 2007, 07:57:14 PM »

My little Nelly was very sick and in the hospital last week. Somebody in our neighborhood has thrown something nasty over the fence in 5 dogs yards. Nelly and the little collie down the street are the smallest and seemed to get the worst of it. But after 2 nights and 3 days in the hospital on IV, Nelly is feeling like her old self again.  I'm just so angry that anyone could hurt animals like that. I thought I lived in a pretty good neighborhood, guess ya just never know.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #874 on: December 27, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

I am frustrated! Things with the potty training were going excellent, and now I feel as if I am starting all over again! It's probably my fault, I probably got a little too excited and stopped some things too soon, and that might be what set him back, or the fact that the holidays were crazy with lots of people here and sometimes we couldn't do the same routines everyday with him. So for the last couple weeks, he has had LOTS of accidents in the house both #1 and #2, which sucks, but, I am starting over and not giving up.

:-\

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »