I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 06:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413493 times)
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #825 on: December 09, 2007, 04:41:57 PM »

Cute lil guy.
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #826 on: December 09, 2007, 04:43:07 PM »

He is so adorable. I could just hug him to pieces.  :cuddle;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #827 on: December 09, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »

Okie dokie, I'll just take him to get his nails cut, was hoping it was simpe as cats and you could just get them completely out and be done with it, lol.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #828 on: December 09, 2007, 06:37:28 PM »

READY FOR SANTA!!!

EDITED: Re-sized Pictire - Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:50:28 AM by Sluff » Logged

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #829 on: December 09, 2007, 06:50:16 PM »

RERUN!!!! How adorable are those little dogs of yours?? well i'll tell ya my friend.......ABSOFREAKENLUTELY ADORABLE  :bandance; :bandance;  and a Merry Christmas to you and your two adorable pooches  :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #830 on: December 09, 2007, 06:57:48 PM »

RERUN!!!! How adorable are those little dogs of yours?? well i'll tell ya my friend.......ABSOFREAKENLUTELY ADORABLE  :bandance; :bandance;  and a Merry Christmas to you and your two adorable pooches  :cuddle;

Yes, these are mine.  They were so cute laying there so I put the hats on them.

goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #831 on: December 09, 2007, 07:00:16 PM »

But did they leave the hats on?  They dont look too happy but they are freaken adorable, lol,   :secret; and i know i have asked this before but what are their names again??   ;D

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Rerun
Member for Life

« Reply #832 on: December 09, 2007, 07:03:45 PM »

But did they leave the hats on?  They dont look too happy but they are freaken adorable, lol,   :secret; and i know i have asked this before but what are their names again??   ;D

They are Miniature Pinchers and the one on the Left is Adrianne and the one on the right is Pebbles.

charee
Elite Member

« Reply #833 on: December 09, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »

very cute merry christmas rerun :santahat;

Home Hemo  18 months
Live donor transplant 28th October 2008
from my beautiful sister
Royal Prince Alfred Sydney Australia

Live donors rock
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #834 on: December 09, 2007, 07:20:51 PM »

Okie dokie, I'll just take him to get his nails cut, was hoping it was simpe as cats and you could just get them completely out and be done with it, lol.

Nope, dog nails are not declawed like cats. However in some cases where a dog has an extra dew claw, the vet will remove it because it can cause infection when it grows into the skin. At least that is what I was taught in vet tech class.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #835 on: December 09, 2007, 10:35:02 PM »

My "Merry Xmas" message from Dorothy is in my new avatar  :)

But I'll attach a bigger version at the bottom of this message, since the avatar is so small
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #836 on: December 10, 2007, 12:40:39 PM »

Merry Christmas to you too Dorothy

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #837 on: December 11, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »

Angela, there is a product out there called Soft Paws that may help you. They are soft plastic covers for the nails. They come in different sizes and you glue them on. They don't last forever, but are easy to replace.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #838 on: December 12, 2007, 02:14:08 AM »

Everyone's pictures are so adorable!! I really like Dorothy's pictures, with the wings, she looks so regal, so majestic and calm.   I could just squeeze your S/T, he is sooo cute!!!!    And I agree, Adrienne and Pebbles do NOT look happy with those hats on....you can tell they are planning something!!!
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #839 on: December 12, 2007, 03:44:27 AM »

Yep Anne

Buster is a Shih Tzu / Maltese mix, I find the only problem with this breed is that they are so dang cute, so its hard to seriously train them, oh well I am trying!

http://www.kimhoben.com
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #840 on: December 13, 2007, 09:11:34 AM »

Yep Anne

Buster is a Shih Tzu / Maltese mix, I find the only problem with this breed is that they are so dang cute, so its hard to seriously train them, oh well I am trying!

Yep, they are cute, and do know how to use that cuteness to
get away with alot, teehee!!!  I did find that the best time we had
training any of them was Rocky, who was crate trained.  I used to
think it was mean, but no more!!! 

Anne
oswald

« Reply #841 on: December 13, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »

Yep Anne

Yeah, Buster does look like he's too cute to get in any trouble!  ;D

ESRD 11/95
1st Transplant 7/1996 (failed; Nephrectomy 12/1996)
2nd Transplant 3/1999 (lasted 6 years)
3rd Transplant 5/2007 (lasted 4 years)
oswald

« Reply #842 on: December 13, 2007, 12:09:12 PM »

READY FOR SANTA!!!

Rerun, my wife said to tell you that your little "elves" are adorable!  ;D 

ESRD 11/95
oswald

« Reply #843 on: December 13, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

But I'll attach a bigger version at the bottom of this message, since the avatar is so small

Well as you can imagine this is our fave Christmas Pet Pic!!!  We love those bully dogs!  :cuddle;

ESRD 11/95
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #844 on: December 13, 2007, 12:52:27 PM »

I can't get my stupid dogs to pose for anything! I've tried putting a pair of dog antlers on them since we've had them (the dogs, not the antlers), but they pull them off immediately. Arrr...

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #845 on: December 14, 2007, 08:26:14 AM »

Hehehehe...I need one of these! The dogs would love it and I wouldn't trip over it in the middle of the night!  ::) >:D

S Korean Scientists Clone Cats That Glow

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korean scientists have cloned cats that glow red when exposed to ultraviolet rays, an achievement that could help develop cures for human genetic diseases, the Science and Technology Ministry said.

Three Turkish Angora cats were born in January and February through cloning with a gene that produces a red fluorescent protein that makes them glow in dark. One died at birth, but the two others survived, the ministry said.

The ministry claimed it was the first time cats with modified genes have been cloned.

Scientists from Gyeongsang National University and Sunchon National University took skin cells from a cat and inserted the fluorescent gene into them before transplanting the genetically modified cells into eggs.

The development means other genes can also be inserted in the course of cloning, paving the way for producing lab cats with genetic diseases, including those of humans, to help develop new treatments, the ministry said.

"Cats have similar genes to those of humans," said veterinary professor Kong Il-keun of Gyeongsang National University. "We can make genetically modified cats that can be used to develop new cures for genetic diseases."

Keitaro Kato, a geneticist at Kinki University in western Japan who has cloned fish, said the research could be significant if it eventually helps treat people with hereditary diseases.

"People with genetic disorders usually have to receive treatment throughout their lives that is very hard on them," Kato said. "If these results can help to make their lives easier, then I think it's a wonderful thing."

South Korea's scientific reputation suffered a heavy blow after much-hailed stem-cell breakthroughs by scientist Hwang Woo-suk were found to be faked in late 2005. He remains on trial on fraud and other charges.

___

December 14, 2007 - 4:26 a.m. Copyright 2007, The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP Online news report may not be published, broadcast or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Photo caption: This picture taken through a special filter in a dark room shows, a cat, left, with a red fluorescent protein that makes the animal glow in the dark when exposed to ultraviolet rays, appearing next to a normal cloned cat, right. South Korean scientists have cloned cats that glow red when exposed to ultraviolet rays, an achievement that could help develop cures for human genetic diseases.

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #846 on: December 16, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »

Well as you can imagine this is our fave Christmas Pet Pic!!!  We love those bully dogs!  :cuddle;

Glad you liked it! The pic took me a lot of work (I'm no good with Photoshop etc, I had a lot of help from a friend), and it went onto my Xmas cards several years ago now. But I still like to get the picture out each year and use it for some purpose or another!
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #847 on: December 16, 2007, 02:05:54 PM »

I can't get my stupid dogs to pose for anything! I've tried putting a pair of dog antlers on them since we've had them (the dogs, not the antlers), but they pull them off immediately. Arrr...

Mine are usually pretty good - I don't ask them to "dress up" very often, but when they do, they know that it gets them lots of attention. There's nothing a bully dog likes more than attention, they're total TARTS for attention.

Here's Chloe in a fairy outfit, and Diesel (bully X APBT) when he was still alive with rabbit ears - the reason he was so thin was simply his advanced age at the time.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #848 on: December 16, 2007, 02:09:41 PM »

Sorry about the poor quality of some of these pics.

But here is Charlie, an APBT that I used to babysit sometimes, also with rabbit ears (he was a rescue dog with some major baggage, and was eventually put down  :( )

2nd pic is Chloe dressed up for Xmas time - she used to be a nursing home therapy dog, we visited the home each week on a volunteer basis. And we visited on Christmas day 2 years in a row, carrying a basket of chocolates to hand out to all the residents and staff.
oswald

« Reply #849 on: December 16, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »

my little fat dog keeps trying to eat the glass bulbs off the christmas tree.  he already crunched one.  has anyone experienced this and what can i do? am i the only one with a retarted dog?    :banghead;

ESRD 11/95
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »