I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2024, 12:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413529 times)
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #625 on: October 21, 2007, 05:54:41 PM »

Goofynina - no, Pup doesn't dig, but he is obsessed with shadows and flashes of light and such.  When we first got him he was a chewer and he chewed up about three pairs of MY shoes.  I awoke one morning to some weird sound and when I sat up he was lying on the floor just chewing on the knob of my dresser bottom drawer (wood).  We took him to puppy school for eight weeks and now he's great!  The only time he digs is when he buries bread.  For some reason he'll eat anything you give him, but he'll bury bread.   ???

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #626 on: October 21, 2007, 06:03:06 PM »

My pup loved chewing on shoes too, don't know why, they were my work shoes and I'm sure they smelled  :lol; he also grabbed my glasses while I slept and chewed on those, along with opening the lid to the garbage can and tipping it over. I had a dog cage that would be used when he was in trouble and that stopped his miss behavior along with a few key words :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »

Yes, crates are a great tool.  Fortunately, Pup loves his crate.  We originally got the crate for the Greyhound, so it's really big and roomy.  The Greyhound HATES it, but Pup LOVES it!  Over the last few months or so the Greyhound has been lying in the crate, but doesn't want me to close the door.  I guess he's becoming a little more comfortable with it.

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #628 on: October 24, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »

When I first got Dorothy (the larger one in my av pic), I had to crate her for extended periods sometimes. So I bought this huge crate, could fit a great dane in it. I'd put in her bed, toys, water, everything and she still had room to walk around.

Needless to say, with that natural den behaviour of theirs, neither one of my dogs likes that crate. The crates sit side-by-side with bedding in them, and covers over the top, and the doors stay open (that is where they sleep). They both like to go for the small one.

On the odd occasion that I need to lock Dorothy up these days, all I need to do is say "in the crate!!" and she goes - but she heads for the little one every time, regardless of her great big size!
Jill D.

« Reply #629 on: October 31, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

Here are our pets, dressed for Halloween. My daughter did this to them, and they weren't very happy! Jack is a beagle/jack russell mix and is very sweet. Abby is a tortie and can be a very ornery cat!

EDITED:  Resized photo's - Goofynina/Admin.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:16:21 PM by Jill D. » Logged

Diagnosed with FSGS in1990.
Started hemodialysis in April 2006.
Received a new kidney from my sister on Dec. 5, 2006.
Transplant rejection in March, 2009
Approved for second transplant in May 2009
Sister-in-law approved as donor in Dec 2009
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #630 on: October 31, 2007, 07:26:30 PM »

Your pics are HUGE! Your pets got cropped out!

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #631 on: October 31, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »

They are there, you have to use the scroll bar beneath the second picture to glimpse parts of them as you scroll back up and down.

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

tamara
Elite Member

WOO HOO NEW KIDNEY PEEING !!!(Transplant 23/10/07)

« Reply #632 on: October 31, 2007, 07:53:18 PM »

Until they get resized just click on the paperclip with the file name under the photo, open the file and it will go into a temp internet file and open to a good viewing size, but knowing our mods and admins it won't be long until they are resized  ;)

ABO Incompatible Transplant from my loving Partner 23/10/07
after over four years on the D Machine 

Dialysis Sucks and Transplants Don't.................So Far Anyway !!!!!
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #633 on: October 31, 2007, 08:10:04 PM »

The cat looks like "I'm gonna get you for this!" :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

brenda

« Reply #634 on: October 31, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »

Cool Halloween costumes! Nelly, my puppy, wouldn't wear her princess outfit so I spray painted the top of her head and her ears purple. She didn't like that much either. But it was cute.

Life is what happens while your making other plans.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #635 on: October 31, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »

I wonder did they get to go trick or treating?  :lol;
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #636 on: November 01, 2007, 08:11:44 AM »

I snapped this picture the other day of my two "puppies" snuggling up together.  Afterwards, I couldn't resist snuggling up with them, it was a snugglefest!!

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »

Here's Celeste sitting on my lap giving me a good long Cat Scan...

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2007, 12:10:20 PM »

These were my pets until we moved 500 miles. We couldn't take the cats because my husband's allergic, the lab is too old to move and the beagle hated me and loved my mother! I miss them all so much!

1. Paddington (the black lab)
2. Yogi (the beagle)
3. Yoshi (the siamese)
4. Charlie (the black & white cat) & Blue (the siamese)

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #639 on: November 01, 2007, 01:55:50 PM »

Move on over Skyedog, i wanna cuddle too, those dogs are huge and i bet very comfy for cuddling ;)

RichardMel, you know i will always have a special place in my heart for Celeste, thank you for posting that pic, she is beautiful

Paddbear, i am sorry you miss your pets but those have GOT to be the most pampered pets i've seen in a long time, they all look sooo comfy,  I love this thread  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #640 on: November 01, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

You better believe they're pampered! My pets are my children! Shhh...don't tell my husband I said that. He can't stand it when I call them "the kids!"

skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #641 on: November 02, 2007, 06:02:24 AM »

You better believe they're pampered! My pets are my children! Shhh...don't tell my husband I said that. He can't stand it when I call them "the kids!"

They are our kids!!!  I always refer to my dogs as my babies  :rofl;.  Pets bring so much love to a house, I couldn't imagine my world without them.

I'm stuck though.  Skye's hips are just so bad, totally inoperable.  We bring her to the same Vet each year and for any issues.  Her hips deteriorated so badly in just one year.  Vet said they were the worst he has ever seen.  When do we let her go though?  She has a hard time doing the stairs at home, however, she still rolls around on her back and has a healthy appetite still.  We give her pills for the pain, but when is it time to let go?  We don't want to be those people who keep her alive for the sake of our happiness, but where she is still playful, is it right to let her go yet? 

We are just so stuck and don't know what to do.  Our other dog Luke will be lost without her, he will really miss her.  Plus our son has really became attached to her, since we adopted him, but he knows she is old and hurting; that she will pass soon.

I hate this! :'(

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
paddbear0000
Elite Member

« Reply #642 on: November 02, 2007, 10:06:32 AM »

They are our kids!!!  I always refer to my dogs as my babies  :rofl;.  Pets bring so much love to a house, I couldn't imagine my world without them.

I'm stuck though.  Skye's hips are just so bad, totally inoperable.  We bring her to the same Vet each year and for any issues.  Her hips deteriorated so badly in just one year.  Vet said they were the worst he has ever seen.  When do we let her go though?  She has a hard time doing the stairs at home, however, she still rolls around on her back and has a healthy appetite still.  We give her pills for the pain, but when is it time to let go?  We don't want to be those people who keep her alive for the sake of our happiness, but where she is still playful, is it right to let her go yet? 

We are just so stuck and don't know what to do.  Our other dog Luke will be lost without her, he will really miss her.  Plus our son has really became attached to her, since we adopted him, but he knows she is old and hurting; that she will pass soon.

I hate this! :'(

When I worked at the vet, we had a client with a lab in the same situation. The dog was put on Rimadyl, a strong pain reliever for dogs. They also got her one of those carts for the dog's back legs. It did wonders and did a great job of relieving the pain from using the hips and after she got used to it, she was the happiest dog! From the sounds of it, Skye's only problem are her hips and she still has a few good years left in her. I would talk to your vet about what I just mentioned. I have seen miracles happen with these carts!

Here is a link to some carts--http://www.k9carts.com/products.html

Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #643 on: November 03, 2007, 02:25:36 AM »

Everyones "Babies" are so cute! Animals are the best!!  ;D
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #644 on: November 04, 2007, 06:49:46 PM »

Cool Halloween costumes!

I can't remember if I've posted my Halloween pic before - Dorothy and I won the Dog/Owner Look Alike contest at a bull terrier club fun day a few years ago (we were both dressed as witches)! So here it is, and sorry if I've already posted it before.
Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #645 on: November 04, 2007, 06:55:43 PM »

I'm stuck though.  Skye's hips are just so bad, totally inoperable.  We bring her to the same Vet each year and for any issues.  Her hips deteriorated so badly in just one year.  Vet said they were the worst he has ever seen.  When do we let her go though? 

Hi skyedog

This seems like such a hard question to face, I know. I had to face it in January 2006 with our 17+ year old bull terrier X, Diesel.

I was asking the same question towards the end "how will I know when it's the right time?" etc. I asked my various dog forums, and the most common answer I got was "oh, you will KNOW". Somehow I thought that answer was so unsatisfactory, because I was at a stage where I was soooooo undecided, and it had become difficult to weigh up whether his quality of life was outweighing his problems and pains.

However, when he deteriorated it happened so quick, and I knew within a day that there was no option. It turned out, everyone on my dog forums were right - you really do KNOW when the moment has arrived.

Monitor Skye well for distinct mood changes, weight loss, ongoing lack of appetite, general lethargy or other deterioration. But in the meantime, give her the best you can to maintain her quality of life, and just enjoy her company.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #646 on: November 04, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »

Thats a cute pic!!

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #647 on: November 04, 2007, 08:18:45 PM »

I love those dogs cycobully. I have never seen that type of dog were I live. Forgot what post I saw it in where you posted a link to a video of your dog jumping around on the bed.

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

Falkenbach
Elite Member

« Reply #648 on: November 04, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

Oh, I can't remember where I posted that video either, but it was a funny one! Dorothy provides us with never-ending laughs, she really is a clown.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #649 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:10 AM »

Cool Halloween costumes!

I can't remember if I've posted my Halloween pic before - Dorothy and I won the Dog/Owner Look Alike contest at a bull terrier club fun day a few years ago (we were both dressed as witches)! So here it is, and sorry if I've already posted it before.

geez you even make a beautiful witch.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »