I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2024, 09:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What pets do you have? Feel free to post pics!  (Read 413479 times)
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1200 on: July 21, 2008, 03:05:43 PM »

:flower;  to you
proud of you
glad you pup is better
I think it is a cute story
but it was not my pup
my children have done tons of things like that
did you get photos of your dog's nail polish make-over
or would you just like to forget it
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #1201 on: July 21, 2008, 03:26:25 PM »

kids Do- do stupid things sometimes, dont they? LOL No matter how much of an attentive parent you are, they manage to get away from us from time to time.Especially when they get a little older and mobile. Mine never painted the cats- but they would have if they could have thought of it!!

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1202 on: July 21, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »

Awwwwwwwww mysty, can I come steal him? How much does he weigh? Keith will be a softy when it comes to that puppy, he won't be able to help himself.

angela, I'm so happy the vet called you back. I wanted to tell you that both of our Yorkies got into some blue paint when my son was painting the outside of our house. I used vaseline and worked it into the hair and alot of the paint came off. It might be worth a try, but I am really happy that he is doing better today.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #1203 on: July 21, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »

Thanks for the tip winnie, I will try that.

He didn't eat today, but he drank alot of water, still went to the bathroom like normal.. started giving a few kisses, which is a good sign b/c he is a kissing machine, so for him to not kiss means he's still traumatized. He still shakes from being scared but once you hold him and comfort him for awhile he stops.. If he don't eat tmr I have to take him to the vet.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #1204 on: July 21, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »

:flower;  to you
proud of you
glad you pup is better
I think it is a cute story
but it was not my pup
my children have done tons of things like that
did you get photos of your dog's nail polish make-over
or would you just like to forget it

Scroll back, I posted a pic of his face... he had it mostly on his face.

He mostly was just impacted emotionally not physically... so that's what were trying to get over, and that takes time and not just for dogs, anyone. Hes going forward though. :)

angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #1205 on: July 23, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »

So.. here is what is going on with Cody.

He didn't eat Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. He didn't drink Sunday, he drank a few sips twice on Monday, and a sip Tuesday morning.

I took Cody to the vet on Tuesday afternoon, and they kept him. They did x-rays, blood work, gave him fluids under his skin twice, and started him on Amoxicillan (antibiotic).

They called this morning and told me I could come pick him up this afternoon, so I did. The vet told me that the x-rays showed 3 or 4 little clumps of nail polish in his digestive tract, which he will get rid of by going #2. Everything is moving great inside of him, and he drank water and ate a little bit of caned food from a persons hand only not out of a bowl. They put the antibiotic inside a little ball of food and he ate it. He also had a bowel movement today while at the vets.

He told me to make sure I go outside with him when he goes to the potty to make sure if he has a bowel movement and to check if it has blood in it, so far he hasn't while at the vet and he hasn't had another bowel movement at home yet. He said to try and feed him again tonight, and put his antibiotic in the middle, because he takes the antibiotic twice daily until gone.

My mom tried first to get him to eat out of her hand, he wouldn't eat and my mom was very patient and tried for awhile and tried again later for awhile with breaks and he wouldn't eat. When I got home from bowling I tried also, and he wouldn't eat, and I even tried out of his bowl, and still nothing. So tonight he hasn't ate and therefore didn't have his antibiotic tonight.

Obviously he is still emotionally distraught, and shakes and whines. That will take time to get through and stop, I am sure it effects his eating as well.

The vet bill was $219... money I didn't have, but had to pay anyways, and now I have like $30.00 left until the 3rd... so I hope he starts eating and drinking tomorrow, at least enough to take his antibiotic b/c I cannot afford to take him back to the vet. (Obviously I will, I am just saying.. )

Anyone have ideas on how to get him to eat at least enough to get down the pill? I just want to make sure he gets that down twice a day, and maybe that will help his appetite, and it will definitely help make bowel movements which in turn will help get out the remaining clumps.

:-\

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1206 on: July 23, 2008, 09:42:48 PM »

Well there is another way to give pills, actually two. One is with a pill dispenser that is sort of like a syringe that you place in his mouth and partly in his throat. The other way is to put the pill in his mouth, slightly hold his mouth shut and tilt his head up till he takes a few swallows. But they can be tricky and sometimes hide the pill and spit it out later. It is a technique you just have to learn. however only due this if necessary since they dog is traumatized. Try also getting a puppy bottle for him to drink water if he is not doing that while you hold him in your arms. Pill dispensors are less than $9 at Petsmart, but be careful not to jab it down his throat, well not jab, but put it to far down his throat.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1207 on: July 24, 2008, 12:40:16 AM »

my sister's little dogs like the meat jars of baby food
so do my cats
just pop open a jar and they go crazy
I paid over $400 and never found out what was wrong with Slugger
if it comes back, I'm screwed
the last time I gave medicine to my pets
they liked the medicine
Yogi had liquid med that I was told tasted like chicken gravy
and the pills tasted like treats
they loved their medicine
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #1208 on: July 24, 2008, 06:11:29 AM »

My dogs hate taking pills also.  What I do is put the pill in the middle of a glob of peanut butter, most dogs love peanut butter.  Also, what about giving cody some boiled hamburg and rice, that might help him start eating.

Your poor pooch, so sorry he is having a hard time with all of this.  Be prepared for other anxieties to start appearing.  My oldest dog Luke developed a lot of anxiety due to his past (he is a Katrina dog) and from being in a kennel.  Certain people freak him out, ie, any person who wears a uniform (FedEx guy, mailman, even our neighbor who is a State Trooper).  He wasn't like this at first, it took about a year to surface.

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1209 on: July 24, 2008, 06:50:46 AM »

Yogi, our cow dog, freaks if he sees anyone in uniform
we got him from the pound when he was very young   ---- we do not know his past
he runs and hides unless one of the family is in the yard
then he barks and growls and whines and shakes and it is pitiful
he would protect us what he would be so afraid
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #1210 on: July 24, 2008, 03:36:23 PM »

I called the vet around lunch time.. he told me to put a little cream cheese around the pill and stick it down over the back of his tongue so he can't do nothing but swallow it. It took a few times but I got it down. He has had a few drinks of water out of his dish, still not eating food though, no matter what it is. He did have another bowel movement today after I talked to the vet, and that was one thing he wanted him to do, so thats good. I have to call him back tmr at 8am and let him know if he took the pills and had a bowel movement... so since he did and is, I guess he is just going to say he will eat in time, idk. My parents leave for out of town early early Sunday morning and Cody is riding with them and I am riding with my daughter and brother... I hope he eats by then or we will be screwed until we return home.

rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1211 on: July 24, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

Angela have you tried taking him out somewhere and feeding him? It's only a suggestion but he will probably still associate your home with what happened, if you took him into a park (or field or whatever - I don't know what area you live in) or to a friends house with his bowl of food then maybe he would eat then? It may be worth a try.  Hope it all works out for you and for him  :cuddle;
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1212 on: July 25, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »

Cat with a drinking problem  :rofl; :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1213 on: July 25, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »

Patches is so pretty......
love cats
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #1214 on: July 25, 2008, 07:18:48 PM »

I fed Cody a few pieces of bologna last night and he ate them. Then this morning he just started eating his food like noraml. He walked to his bowl and chowed down. I was so proud and happy.  :yahoo;

Cute cat, even though I am anti-cat.  :beer1;

Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #1215 on: July 25, 2008, 08:05:56 PM »

That's good Angela. How is he reacting around the kids?

I'm more of a dog person myself, followed by large parrots. But my moms cat's have to do and this one thinks he is a dog. Not sure how he was raised before we adopted him, but he wants to play with the dogs, digs in the dirt  ??? :urcrazy; and likes to run around in the backyard like a dog. He will walk on a leash also. Female cat acts like a typical cat.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:18:16 PM by Chris » Logged

Diabetes -  age 7

Knee Surgery 2010
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012

MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #1216 on: July 26, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »

What a precious kitty!

Glad the puppy is eating again!

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1217 on: August 18, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »

Mibarra------ where is the picture of your doggie :cheer:
MIbarra
Elite Member

« Reply #1218 on: August 18, 2008, 06:53:53 PM »

Hubby has been so busy he hasn't had a chance to work out my pics. Now I have to get a pic of my new kitty. She's black and white and scares the dogs - ha! I have not named her yet. I'm thinking of Princess Fellini, Mimi, Toonces, Nermal... oh I just can't decide. Any suggestions?

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1219 on: August 18, 2008, 07:07:24 PM »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
everytime I see your name I hope you added the picture of your pup
now I have to wait to see a picture of your kitty
this sucks
I like the name Princess Fellini
Toonces would be good but please NO DRIVING
or how about some name that goes with Senor Snapppes ( know what it is but can not remember the spelling)
Senorita ------------
MIbarra
Elite Member

« Reply #1220 on: August 18, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »

I was going to name her Schnitzel so the three could be: Schatzie, Schnappi and Schnitzel. However, she is just not a Schnitzel.

She will not drive, I promise. At least not under the influence of alcohol.  =)  Toonces the Driving cat!

I like Fellini too.. I'm just not sure it fits her. I've been calling her mew mew .. I also like Ni Hao (or however you spell it -- hello in Chinese) since she was born on the Olympic year.. I could call her Ni ni for short..

Decisions!

Senor Schnappo is not impressed. He is very very jealous of her.

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1221 on: August 19, 2008, 04:41:39 AM »

I vote for Mew Mew
I love it
we had a cat named Kitty Kitty and she was a true joy---- I will have to tell you sometime-- she had a special relationship with Missy when she came home from the hospital with one lung and she was very sick -- Kitty Kitty always walked by her when Missy was learning to walk
I love double names
we have had a Ruff Ruff and a Bow Wow
and a cat Putt Putt
so where is a photo of all three
the Chinese is cute too ----- Mew Mew Ni Ni    and then the 3 S names for your pets--- that is cute and a  :P  twister
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #1222 on: August 19, 2008, 08:36:48 PM »

This is more for the Olympic thread I guess but we have a table tennis player named... Miao Miao!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #1223 on: September 01, 2008, 08:26:04 AM »

Richard where is a picture of Celeste
MIbarra
Elite Member

« Reply #1224 on: September 01, 2008, 01:41:32 PM »

I am going to try to post a pic.

One is of my new kitty. I think her name is Mew-Mew. I think, because my husband does not like the name. I won't mention what he wants to call her. I don't think it's appropriate.

The other is of one of my Yorkies. This is the male, Schnappi. He's about 5 pounds.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 84 Go Up Print 
« previous next »