I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:50:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Off-Topic: Talk about anything you want.
| | |-+  School, I have to tell you all this!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: School, I have to tell you all this!  (Read 2549 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« on: August 10, 2006, 07:39:42 PM »

Okay, so we have been in school for two weeks now as of today.  I teach sixth grade special education. Okay, so we are having open house on Wednesday of this week.  On Tuesday morning I walked into my classroom and the carpet squished under my feet. Okay, so they has shampooed my carpet and cleaned it.  I thought cool. looks pretty good.  Then....I notice my doors were dripping wet. So I opened them up and set my fans up so the carpet would dry.  Then in walks my aide and she says: "HEY what happened to the bulletin boards and posters.  Well, it seems the humidity off of the carpet at night in a hot classroom with no air blowing on the wet carpet to dry it, sent water up the walls. Everyone of my posters and bulletin boards were soaking wet and were peeling off of the walls.  So..guess what we got to do one day before Open House?  That is right. My aide and I got to replace and pull everything down and get dry paper back up. Mind you, I decorate my room with a vengeance at the beginning of the year. We had five large bulletin board to pull down and redo.
     My sister asked me if I needed a wetsuit.  I should have walked up the the office with swim fins on.
I was furious.  If I ever catch the carpet cleaner guys, I will curse them a blue streak! You know what? I could tell when the carpets were dry, all the stains came back up!  Oh well!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 07:55:47 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:08:27 PM »

Man that sucks! Did you get everything ready in time?

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
sandman

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:11:15 PM »

Sounds to me like there was a water leak and flooded the room.  Piss poor job of a carpet cleaner if they left the carpets that wet.  I would never hire them again.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 12:52:13 AM »

Gee, I thought that was only my luck them stains came back, small World! Sorry to hear about all the extra work though, that stinks!

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 02:46:32 PM »

We got it all redone.  Then I left the fans running all day and night to dry the room out.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »