I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 08:23:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  The IHD Family - Our Members
| | |-+  2008 Holiday Gift Exchange - DETAILS HERE!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Holiday Gift Exchange - DETAILS HERE!  (Read 127662 times)
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #250 on: November 04, 2008, 08:48:51 AM »

For those who haven't posted, they usually sell those bag of coal gag gifts for the Christmas season. :rofl;

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
kimcanada
Elite Member

« Reply #251 on: November 04, 2008, 08:56:45 AM »

Voluntary Questionnaire:
1.) What is your favorite dessert? Anything with sugar in it
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?My dog,  and bird watching
3.) What colors do you like? natural colors
4.) What is your favorite candy? not to fussy on candy
5.) Do you collect anything? no, not really
6.) What is your style? (ie..country..victorian..punk) a little bit of everything
7.) Allergic to anything? no
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size: Women's L-XL
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.) I would love this
10.) Anything else your SS should know? I am not fussy, I will love anything

http://www.kimhoben.com
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #252 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »

even though my person hasn't given any clues as to what they like i'm really enjoying seeing what everyone else likes. gives me a chance to "get to know" you better.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »

Voluntary Questionnaire:
1.) What is your favorite dessert?  Cheesecake
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?  Sewing, reading anything
3.) What colors do you like?  Blue
4.) What is your favorite candy?  Reese's peanut butter cups--favorite since I was a kid.
5.) Do you collect anything?   angels and "paris" items
6.) What is your style? (ie..country..victorian..punk)   Comfy, 40's stye (overstuffed, rolled arms, nailhead trim) along with family antiques
7.) Allergic to anything?   kidney disease   :rofl;
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:   XL
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.) Love the idea of local items
10.) Anything else your SS should know?   My grandkids are my heart!!   I love Paris (duh!)   And I am very easy to please.  

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #254 on: November 04, 2008, 09:09:38 AM »

Voluntary Questionnaire:
1.) What is your favorite dessert?fruit salad, brownies, lemon mousse
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?reading, gardening, canoeing, exercising at the gym, eating
3.) What colors do you like? Turquoise, all the shades of all the blues
4.) What is your favorite candy? Butterscotch, hard candies like cherry Lifesavers
5.) Do you collect anything? Yes, but I've stopped now. (Elephants and Chinese snuff bottles)
6.) What is your style? (ie..country..victorian..punk)Eclectic.  If I like it, it will fit in somehow.
7.) Allergic to anything? Strong scents.
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:  I'm a medium, only wear three-quarter length or long sleeves and don't follow or watch any sports.
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.)Absolutely, I also like homemade stuff, beads, whatever.
10.) Anything else your SS should know? Yep, This makes me sound picky but I'm actually not.  Anything you send will be loved by me simply because you picked it out.  So don't stress OK.

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #255 on: November 04, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »

1. favorite dessert --- strawberries, banana pudding
2. hobbies --  used to twirl, used to cross stitch - now I only cross stitch little pieces like I have sent people recently
3. blue, brown
4. candy - none and I dislike chocolate
5. collections - used to collect music boxes, now I like pictures of old barns - real ones and photos of old school houses, but I love barns
6. life style - mixed up and whatever -- not picky - not fancy at all - have you seen Red Neck Wedding :rofl;
7.allergic - candles, lotions, creams -- things like that, they make me sneeze and codine - no chocolate covered codine - please
8. sizes I would not wear it    currently too fat
9. local items----- great
10. I like all things not chocolate or itchy or tight
I am hard to buy for and I hardly ever want anything for Christmas
but I want whatever you send and I will cherish it
and if it is chocolate - my husband will cherish it :waving;
you do not have to get anything on this list
I like all things
send me Sluff----- he seems to be a fun guy :2thumbsup;
Lilu323

« Reply #256 on: November 04, 2008, 05:40:27 PM »

Hi guys.. Sorry been MIA. Got into a really bad depression. Little better now. Anyway I finally signed on in a while and I got my secret santa. Very excited to send something. I know I have to post my likes and dislikes. Im a little strange so dont get scared or think Im crazy.
I dont have any allergies but dont send me any food. Very very picky.sorry If anything chocolate chip cookies
I love salvador dali (painter)
favorite shows or movies-alien, xfiles,ghosthunters,anything sci fi,fringe,lost, ect..you get my style
I love going to the movie theatre
I love magnets
I love barnes and noble
i love going to museums and anything from the gift shop.especially if by salvador dali
I love different types of boxes
I love christmas ornaments
Favorite color is black
I would give you my size but I am so difficult to find sizes for.
I have a new yellow beagle dog which I got last week so anything beagle would be cute.
Whoever has me thank you for taking the time out for me and anything you send will be appreciated and enjoyed.  :cuddle;

TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #257 on: November 04, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »

1.) What is your favorite dessert? just about anything with cool whip and/or marshmallows
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?  don't really have any except for maybe talking on the phone or being online or maybe just loving on my kitties
3.) What colors do you like?   purple & yellow
4.) What is your favorite candy? just about any "fruity" type of hard candies but I also love buttered popcorn jelly bellys
5.) Do you collect anything? minature clocks, snow globes, tweety or any looney tunes stuff
6.) What is your style?   I like pictures of kids/babies/cherubs (i like the Kim Anderson prints)
7.) Allergic to anything?  No
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:   ladies small
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.)  A magnet would be OK
10.) Anything else your SS should know?  I am just looking forward to getting to know my SS better!!!

NOW!   I wish "MY" person would post their likes & dislikes............I have only seen 1 post from them and that was WEEKS ago.    What do we do if we do not hear from them anymore?   How will I know if they have "bailed out"?   
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 06:19:14 PM by TynyWonder » Logged

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #258 on: November 04, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

People usually do not bail out of the Christmas Secret Santa. It means a 90 day ban if you do. Go look at past posts of this person. Look at their introduction and after that for more information.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
TynyWonder

Calvin

« Reply #259 on: November 04, 2008, 06:27:31 PM »

I looked at all 13 pages and only found 1 post from this person and there is not even anything like their "age" on their profile............I don't even have any idea of what type of stuff to get a person if I don't even know their age................kinda aggrivating really............

Diagnosed with ESRD-November 2006
I have had 2 fistuals-neither one worked
I have had 2 grafts the last one finally "took"
I had 3 different catheters from Nov. 06 - Dec. 08
Got on the transplant list - Halloween Day 2008

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.    I BELIEVE THIS TO BE SOOOOO TRUE!
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #260 on: November 04, 2008, 06:45:46 PM »

1.) What is your favorite dessert? Sorry but I don't eat dessert
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies? Playing with Bernie, Harri & Charlie my dogs - boys names but all girls.
3.) What colors do you like?  pale blue and mauve
4.) What is your favorite candy? Love jubes
5.) Do you collect anything? Photos of people I love - I have a whole wall to dedicated to pictures.  I love baseball caps!!
6.)What is your style?   cowgirl one day, army fatigues the next, bikie chick the next - you get the picture.  A bit of a theme girl.
7.) Allergic to anything?  No
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:   ladies large
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.)  A baseball cap would be great.
10.) Anything else your SS should know?  They should know that absolutely anything they send me is going to be appreciated.  Like I have said before I would love just a card with a photo of them with this favourite thing!!

I am Secret Santa the the best person ever....and since I found out who that was, I have learn't so much about them.  They are gettting a little Venice, a little Portofino with a touch of Aussie.  

Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #261 on: November 04, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »

1.) What is your favorite dessert? Anything with sugar and chocolate. ohh and cheese cake!  :P
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies? Too busy for hobbies. But I love spending time with my kids. (Mums Taxi)
3.) What colors do you like? Red
4.) What is your favorite candy?  :cheer: Anything... I love all candy and chocolate!
5.) Do you collect anything? Not really
6.) What is your style? (ie..country..victorian..punk) Traditional
7.) Allergic to anything? No
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size: ladies large. I am fussy about clothes due to my PD belly.  ::)
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.) Yeah that would be great.
10.) Anything else your SS should know? I am sure i will love anything you send me!  :waving;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #262 on: November 04, 2008, 08:18:19 PM »

Voluntary Questionnaire:
1.) What is your favorite dessert? New York Style Cheese Cake, Pecan Cookies, Apple Pie...I could go on.
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies? Sewing, Crocheting, Reading, Ceramics, most crafts where I can see what I am doing.
3.) What colors do you like? Bright Jewel Tones or Fantastic Fall Colors
4.) What is your favorite candy? Lemon Drops, Jellie Bellies, Most Hard Candy, Sugar Free
5.) Do you collect anything? Rocks, Rock Eggs, Unusual Brooches, Ink Pens
6.) What is your style? Country
7.) Allergic to anything? Jewelry has to be gold, sterling or stainless...sorry.
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - 2X
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.) Guess?  Yes I would.
10.) Anything else your SS should know? I like white chocolate, hard o find White Chocoalte Nestle Crunch bars, Mars bars

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #263 on: November 04, 2008, 09:23:50 PM »

I like white chocolate, hard o find White Chocoalte Nestle Crunch bars,
If you complain to Nestle, they will send you 2 coupons for for free candy bars of any Nestly bar. I complained I couldn't find the White Chocolate Crunch bars and of course they couldn't help. I miss those bars, they were sooooo goood.

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
xtrememoosetrax

« Reply #264 on: November 05, 2008, 06:24:42 AM »

Voluntary Questionnaire:
1.) What is your favorite dessert?  Anything chocolate.
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?  Reading, jigsaw puzzles, my cats.
3.) What colors do you like?  Earth tones. 
4.) What is your favorite candy? Chocolate.
5.) Do you collect anything?  Chocolate, books, bookends, bookmarks.
6.) What is your style? (ie..country..victorian..punk)  Eclectic
7.) Allergic to anything? No
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:  Large.  (Any color except red or yellow.)
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.)  YES!!
10.) Anything else your SS should know?  Don't stress -- Whatever you send will be great! 

Living donor to friend via 3-way paired exchange on July 30, 2008.

www.paireddonation.org
www.caringbridge.org/visit/marthahansen
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #265 on: November 05, 2008, 05:24:35 PM »

When I read other people's ideas Ihad to add a few things to help my secret santa!!!
I posted my likes/wishes, but I'll answer here, too, so my SS will have even more info...

1.) What is your favorite dessert?   carrot cake with cream cheese icing, lemon squares
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies? scrapbooking, cardmaking, reading, gardening, photography, winemaking
3.) What colors do you like? black, blue, green
4.) What is your favorite candy? not a candy lover
5.) Do you collect anything? miniature clocks,
6.) What is your style? nothing fancy,so I guess country, traditional [I have a lot of natural wood in my house.  Kitchen is oak and sunroom is pine)
7.) Allergic to anything?  scents and a lot of lotions , perfumes so please don't send those things
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - L
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.)  yes, yes, yes -- would love this!I like jewellry tooo
10.) Anything else your SS should know? I will like anything I get.

EDITED: Took out quote tags-kitkatz,Moderator

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #266 on: November 05, 2008, 06:06:13 PM »

By the way I sent my package today.  Hehehe! I wonder who is going to get an early package to sit and wait till Christmas with!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #267 on: November 05, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »

gee kit, if something shows up on my doorstep in a few days i'll know who it's from. you rat! if it is you i'm going to have a terrible time waiting until christmas. and since i'm not going back to oregon until january, i don't get to have christmas early this year.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #268 on: November 05, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »

Pass the cheese, I am a rat!  The only way they will know it is from me is if they open it early.  There is a picture of Victor and me in there somewhere.  Hehehehe!

lifenotonthelist.com

kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

Last year I put my secret Santa box in my office and would walk by it and pet it periodically.  Then sometimes I would pick it up and smell it and hug it.  Saying "Happy Christmas to me!"

I know I know!  Weird!

lifenotonthelist.com

lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »

I'm still waiting for mine to post and I have spent HOURS trying to figure you out but your VERY sneaky.

twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »

katz, if I am your secret pal----- that package will be opened upon arrival :cuddle;
katz, you have an office and a classroom
wow    CISD is fancy

and you are weird and weird is a good thing
never a dull moment
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 06:41:26 PM by twirl » Logged
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »

This is NOT Alene but i'll  tell you what she might like.....

a gift card to olive garden
a gift card to home depot
t shirts (her size is xlarge)
candy/chocolate of any kind (ok, ok that one might be me, hehehehehe)
any kind of mechanic's tools
something from your area/region

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »

This is NOT Alene but i'll  tell you what she might like.....

a gift card to olive garden (ROLANDO!)
a gift card to home depot
t shirts (her size is xlarge)
candy/chocolate of any kind (ok, ok that one might be me, hehehehehe)
any kind of mechanic's tools (what? perhaps plumbing)
something from your area/region

Wow, can you tell that it's my "brother" writing?  :-*  thanks sweetie  ;)
I'm not very good at this but here goes:

Voluntary Questionnaire:
1.) What is your favorite dessert?  Homemade Christmas Cookies (Spritz, out of a cookie press), Pumpkin Bread
2.) What are some of your favorite hobbies?  Traveling with Rolando, Sleeping
3.) What colors do you like?  Dark Green
4.) What is your favorite candy? Vanilla Taffy
5.) Do you collect anything? No
6.) What is your style?  Eclectic, definitely not a girly girl
7.) Allergic to anything? perfumy stuff, nuts
8.) If t-shirt or sweatshirt is ok - give size:  XL
9.) Would you like a local item from your SS's home town? (ie...ornament, bar glass, coffee mug, fridge magnet, etc.)  Yes
10.) Anything else your SS should know? I like surprises, utilitarian things, and cannot usually think of what I want!

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #274 on: November 08, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm Alene that pumpkin bread in Vegas was to DIE for! Thanks for reminding me!  :clap;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »