I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:30:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  John's had a set back
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: John's had a set back  (Read 3009 times)
Yvonne

Yvonne

« on: October 11, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »

Hi John has been feeling really well over the past 6 months, on Friday 3rd October he went for his renal check up at the QA, said he was fine didn't need to come back until January 2009.
Then on Sunday he felt very tired and spent most of the day asleep. He was the same Monday and Tuesday kept saying he felt like he had a bug was sneezing and coughing a lot. Tuesday night about 11 o clock he started to be sick and it was black this continued through out the night so next day I phoned the renal unit at the QA, they said bring him in straight away but as I don't drive I had to call an ambulance, they would only take him to our nearest hospital for a check up, even though I told them he must go to the QA. At 9.30 that evening they transfered him at last to the QA. He has had lots of tests but can't find out why he had the blood in the sick.  They let him come home on Friday evening but want him back on Monday as his blood results are very high, creatinine is up to 680, is was and has been 430 for a long time. So now maybe he might have to have dialysis, we hope not. Is it possible for Kidney failure to come on that quick?? 

PS They have put him on antibiotics as he has a urine infection at least they found that out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:44:24 PM by John » Logged

2007- since January 2007 carer to my husband John who has the following, allways been a very fit man up till then.
2007 - January Renal failure
2007 - March Diagnosed with a Horseshoe kidney and bladder cancer.
2007 - June One kidney, Prostrate and Bladder removed with stage 4 cancer. Urostomy
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 02:08:14 AM »

Might be the infection is causing the set back? Hopefully, thats all it is, and the meds help. Will keep John in thought and prayer, Good luck  :grouphug;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
monrein
Member for Life

Might as well smile

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 04:29:58 AM »

No answers or advice here Yvonne, just hugs and best wishes for you and John.  :grouphug; :bestwishes; :grouphug;

Pyelonephritis (began at 8 mos old)
Home haemo 1980-1985 (self-cannulated with 15 gauge sharps)
Cadaveric transplant 1985
New upper-arm fistula April 2008
Uldall-Cook catheter inserted May 2008
Haemo-dialysis, self care unit June 2008
(2 1/2 hours X 5 weekly)
Self-cannulated, 15 gauge blunts, buttonholes.
Living donor transplant (sister-in law Kathy) Feb. 2009
First failed kidney transplant removed Apr.  2009
Second trx doing great so far...all lab values in normal ranges
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:16:42 AM »

No answers or advice to give here, either.  Just hugs...for you and for John...
 :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;   :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;  :grouphug;
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 10:07:50 AM »

hope the antibiotics help and that John starts feeling better really soon.  :grouphug;

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »

Sorry to hear about John getting so sick. Good that you got him in when you did. Please know Your family is in our prayers and I hope he doesn't have to start dialysis yet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »