I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  "He/She Gives Life" That is Davitas company slogan. I think it is retarded.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "He/She Gives Life" That is Davitas company slogan. I think it is retarded.  (Read 14156 times)
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« on: August 26, 2005, 05:15:18 PM »

Couldn't they have thought of a better slogan? "He/She" it sounds like a transvestite is giving life. I am not the only one who thinks that either, I have spoken to Davita employees who think it's a retarded slogan too. Also what are they implying by saying "He/She gives life" do they mean kidney donors? or the employees? If they mean the employees they can bite me. A machine keeps me alive not some tech or nurse. Or if they mean donors what the hell does transplants have to do with Davita? There not giving life the donor is.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
LifeOnHold

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:35:53 AM »

I'm waiting for them to use "Inna Gatta Davita" as a slogan next!   ;D

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 12:54:37 AM »

I'm waiting for them to use "Inna Gatta Davita" as a slogan next!   ;D

I don't get it? Sorry explain it to me.

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

LifeOnHold

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 10:15:41 PM »

"In-a-gatta-da-vida" was the name of an Iron Butterfly song.

Just being silly!

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:41:46 PM »

How about thier video "People like us live".  Didn't Terry Shivo have a shirt on that said that?   :-\  Sorry, just being mean!  Darla~

Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 09:26:47 AM »

In reading all the "crap" they gave me I ran across this:

The name Davita means "he or she gives life" in Italian.  This name captures the importance and beauty of what we do every day for you.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:38:29 AM by Epoman » Logged

Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 10:39:38 AM »

In reading all the "crap" they gave me I ran across this:

The name Davita means "he or she gives life" in Italian.  This name captures the importance and beauty of what we do every day for you.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!  >:( I never knew that, Jesus I hate Die-vita more now! What about what we do for Davita's stock price! Oh thank you Davita for saving my life, you give me life, you are my saviour. It is so BEAUTIFUL what you do for us. ::) Who needs GOD when we have you. I better change my prayer at night. Lets see how's this:

"Now I lay me down to sleep I thank Davita for giving me life, If I should die (complications of dialysis) before I wake I pray my dialyzer for Davita to keep. Amen"

"This name captures the importance and beauty of what we do every day for you." Seriously this makes me vomit and ill. I am disgusted by that. I just....... I am at a loss of words, damn it. What really bothers me is all they care about is the mighty dollar they don't give a rats ass about us. I'm talking about corporate, yeah some of the nurses and techs are concerned but to most of them too it's just a job.

Screw you Davita!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 03:10:28 PM by Epoman » Logged

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator

LifeOnHold

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 02:41:29 PM »

'Beauty?'  Jamming large needles into frail people is beautiful?  Man, what planet are they from?

If they care so much about 'beauty', how about coming up with a dialysis unit interior that doesn't look like a damned prison?  That's not just 'Duh Vita", that's every damned unit out there.  How about leaving more than 12 inches between chairs?  How about telling the nurses not to yell across the unit to each other while they're hooking you up? 

This is obviously some definition of 'beauty' I'm not aware of!

Still Kicking Deaths Ass
Wizard

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 02:46:52 AM »

i like the fact the same people work in my clinic at "DieVita" but i have their marketing concept. it is a huge turn off and insult if you have any kind of education at all. even my nephrologist who opened the unit and sold it too them realizes OOOPPPSSS! I made a mistake he cant stand when i hand them a "report card" when they dont fax the labs to his office. the stick man concept and the smiley faces make me want to sit down and vomit.
angieskidney
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 08:17:22 AM »

'Beauty?'  Jamming large needles into frail people is beautiful?  Man, what planet are they from?

If they care so much about 'beauty', how about coming up with a dialysis unit interior that doesn't look like a damned prison?  That's not just 'Duh Vita", that's every damned unit out there.  How about leaving more than 12 inches between chairs?  How about telling the nurses not to yell across the unit to each other while they're hooking you up? 

This is obviously some definition of 'beauty' I'm not aware of!
Ya the nurses do yell to each other across the room. And then they also tell you if you want something to yell too .. meanwhile when my BP drops I find I don't have my voice to yell loud enough. It is more annoying when they yell to each other while looking you up by catheter and are right in your face.

FREE Donor List for all Kidney Patients!

diagnosed ESRD 1982
PD 2/90 - 4/90, 5/02 - 6/05
Transplant 4/11/90
Hemo 7/05-present (Inclinic Fres. 2008k 3x/wk MWF)
formerteammate

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »

That is what the word DaVita means, but in Lufkin, Tx they are closed down because of a spike in deaths.  Sounds to me like they are taking lives.
Kitsune

Sometimes the dragon wins.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 09:27:35 AM »

No, they aren't. That wonderful nurse did her job, it was the idiot patients that injected themselves with bleach. Shame on you for slamming that poor, caring, overworked nurse.  :sarcasm;

"Run your mouth when I'm not around
It's easy to achieve
You cry to weak friends that sympathize
Can you hear the violins playing your song?
Those same friends tell me your every word"- Pantera "Walk" (1991)
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »

No, they aren't. That wonderful nurse did her job, it was the idiot patients that injected themselves with bleach. Shame on you for slamming that poor, caring, overworked nurse.  :sarcasm;

Amen to that! No matter what goes wrong, it's "always" the patient's fault. Granted some nurses and techs are really good, but there are so many that I'd just like to give a good hard slap across the face, then duct tape them to a dialysis chair for four hours with needles in their arms and see how they f***ing like it. "Oh, it was the patient's fault his bp crashed and he passed out. How could he interrupt MY gossip with his feeble cries for help like that?"  :puke;

Adam

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »

Well said Adam.  :2thumbsup;

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Kitsune

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 01:48:01 AM »

What??? You inconvience these poor people with cries for help when they are talking about what happened on "Sex In The City" last night or their kid's birthday party? How dare you! Don't you know that everything else should come before you? They did you a favor by hooking you up and this is how you pay them back?! How inconsiderate are you?  Little Timmy's birthday only comes once a year, you know, they see you three times a week, have some compassion JEEZ!  It's not like you're paying for it or anything!  :Kit n Stik;

On the other hand, I'm a good little patient. I nearly coded last week (not really, but) while on the machine, but I heard my tech gossiping about Britney Spears' new boyfriend and knew I couldn't interrupt such an important topic with something so trivial, so I just laid there and waited till she was done. 3 hours later, I got CPR! See, they do their job after all, you just have to wait until the important stuff is done then they''ll get to you! :sarcasm;
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:57:06 AM by Kitsune » Logged

It's easy to achieve
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »

:sarcasm; :sarcasm;

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Kitsune

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »

The slogan should be "He/she gives death", according to what Die-Vita has been doing lately. How many people have died due to these morons' incompetence?

It's easy to achieve
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »

Perhaps they stole the slogan from "God giveth life" - kind of a stretch, I think.  ::)

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
highlite36

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »

You know, I'm looking to move to a new town in just a little bit here and I was SOOO excited when I heard that there was a dialysis clinic right down the street!  It is so close that I can just stumble home every night if I needed to.....  But I'm starting to think that dialyzing at the DaVita clinic would be a bad idea.....  Am I correct?!?!?!  There are two clinics.....  I can always switch.....

ESRD February 2002
Transplant from living non-related donor November 7, 2002
Lost transplant April 2005
Diagnosed with Heart Failure February 2006
Currently on Peritoneal Dialysis, awaiting to be well enough to FINALLY get placed
on the Transplant List.  :-)  I can't wait!!!!
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 04:44:01 PM »

I really wonder how much difference there is. We have a group in this area that owns 4 dialysis centers. Two are Davita and two are Fresenius. All are staffed by the same doctors.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 04:57:26 PM »

I see a difference-
at first everyone used a tourniquet
they read information about our dializer to us
listened to our heart
and lungs
asked questions about our health
now we are rubbed and stuck
God forbide you have to use the restroom, drop your ice or vomit- you are on your own
and don't you dare bleed after being taped down

Kitsune

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 11:45:19 PM »

Well, Flip, Die-Vita's got a nice little reputation for offing patients with their greed and incompetence.

Fresenius, not so much.

KT is the problem with Die-Vita, not the doctors. I don't go to Die-Vita and if that was the only center in my town, I would just do PD regardless of the risks and the navel ring I love that I would have to ditch.

It's easy to achieve
Vlynn

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 07:51:20 AM »

Couldn't they have thought of a better slogan? "He/She" it sounds like a transvestite is giving life. I am not the only one who thinks that either, I have spoken to Davita employees who think it's a retarded slogan too. Also what are they implying by saying "He/She gives life" do they mean kidney donors? or the employees? If they mean the employees they can bite me. A machine keeps me alive not some tech or nurse. Or if they mean donors what the hell does transplants have to do with Davita? There not giving life the donor is.

Weird slogan I don't get it either I know they are trying to be politically correct but at the same time who is the one giving life? them? it almost makes them sound like god or something. The Dialysis center we go to there slogan is " Helping to improve the quality of life"  I think its a pretty good one. I just wish we hadn't started with DaVita
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »