I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 10:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Beyond frustrated..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beyond frustrated..  (Read 3177 times)
7piglets

Me and the boys

« on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:42 AM »

since day one I have had nothing but problems and it is always up to me to find out what is going wrong..brief history of last was I was getting sick after 15min on treatment.this went on for about 2 months ..I came here and thanks to you guys found out I was allergic to heparin..(the clinic and dr were just saying some people just react to the dialysis ) so I brought up heparin they stopped and I was fine..
now latest problem..I never gained ever...each treatment I went in i weighed myself and I was alwasy on target..Then one friday I went in after treatment weighed myself I gained from 61.7 to 62.9..now each time I go in I gain..It is getting more and more.I am not drinking or eating anymore I am so clueless to how this works but I always said they were giving me too much is it possible now my body is getting use to dialysis and shutting down the little function I had..I have only been on dialysis about 3 months been in kidney failure for 4 + yrs.. It is so aggravating to try and be the dr ,..my damn dr I havent even seen in clinic in 1 1/2months..
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »

Hi 7piglets, glad they found out you were allergic to heparin. So now the next step. Damn doctors and nurses  :banghead; :banghead; Have you noticed that your urinating less? Toward the end when Len was on dialysis, he didn't pee much anymore. So, if your not, they need to start taking more fluid off you or stop giving you so much fluid when your blood pressure starts to drop. What we did when Len's pressures started to get low, first I would set the blood pressure monitor to take his pressure every 5 minutes, I would lay him back and TURN OFF THE UF for about 10 minutes. If he needed fluid, I would only give about 50cc at a time and I kept checking his blood pressure until it started back up and then I would turn the UF back on and finish his treatment. This worked for us. Hope you get it figured out. I know how frustrating it can be. Take care and keep us updated.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
MIbarra
Elite Member

Stopping to smell the bluebonnets

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 08:02:16 AM »

Slowly my urine production decreased on dialysis. I think most people experience this.

Your dialysis doctor is required to make 3-4 trips a month to the center to see you. At least they are here in TX, I think. Maybe it is different elsewhere?

Cadaver transplant April 29, 2007
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:49:29 AM »

Ya I agree with the above, I am allergic to heparin also, they run citratesate (sp?) instead, and I take coumidin to keep my blood thin so it won't clot in the machine. obviously the less you pee the more fluid you retain. Also how is your BP on the machine are they giving you some fluid during your treatment. As far as your Neph Doc I would continue to ask for him/her or at least the nurse...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
draven

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:30:07 AM »

in the first 3 months of dialysis gaining weight was not a issue, but then my urine output went down and now i gotta watch my fluid intake.
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:42:21 AM »

we see a doc every week unless it is a month with 5 weeks
Jay72

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 11:04:26 AM »

I am going throught the exact same thing, for the first month I was always on target and now I have fluid on every time I have dialysis.  And it is just the decrease in kidney function.
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »

agree  withh all  above,be  aware  of  what  you  eat has  fluid  also,  pasta  rice

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

Many times my dietician is more on target than the Dr..have you picked your dietician's briain yet???  Ask everyone...be the squeeky wheel... :cheer:

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »

I was gaining 1 to 2 kilos every dialysis session, until I started Nocturnal dialysis.   Now I am hitting my dry weight every time.  It is a slower process.  I put on thirty pounds over the last year from poor dialysis.  Maybe a longer session would help. Keep track of this and bug the docs and techs about it.  Speak to the dietician too.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 09:41:27 PM »

When I was on the low protein diet before dialysis, I lost a lot of weight. My dry weight has slowly increased and I'm back within 8 kilos of my normal weight. I still sometimes feel dehydrated after dialysis and don't pee much until the next day.

If you're getting sick in the first 15 minutes, you need to hook "straight up" so that you get saline as soon as the blood pulls.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
Vlynn

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 07:24:22 AM »

Sounds like you are going through just one trial after another!  :banghead; I know at least with my mom it was very tough with her too it just seemed like things would go fine for a bit and then something else would happen. With Dialysis it's so important for your body and mind to have a nice continuity to things or i guess to say it better ( a flow) I'm glad you are here searching for answers on here ( it's already bad enough emotions tend to be up and down on dialysis  :-\ I would highly recommend if you are not getting the attention you need then maybe you should go elsewhere. There are plenty of clinics that will cater to your needs it may take a bit to find a good one but that is a part of the process I'm not sure where you live but if you live in NY I know a couple good one's ( my mom goes to one and it's amazing! at least so far we are setting her up for home hemo). I also agree with many posts on here speaking with a dietitian is a great idea!  Good luck!!! on finding your balance
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »