I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 09:17:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Just venting about tech support..
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just venting about tech support..  (Read 2770 times)
alrightstill

BAH!

« on: September 17, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »

I usually have lovely things to say about how tech support works with NxStage - specially Rich, who was a life saver for me last year when the other folk at NXSTAGE were trying to blame the problem on my access.  (They ended up sending a new machine and all was well!)   :P

Anytime I've had a prob before, whether it be at 3 in the afternoon, or 1 in the morning.. they've been there and helped me solve the problem - or if they couldn't, they'd send a new machine.  (I've been on nxstage 4 years in Dec.. and have gone through about 4 machines).

So - I've been getting this random #22 alarm - which says theres a problem with the effluent pressure as soon as I get on (it would be zero).  It's not often it happens, maybe once or twice every 2 weeks.  After checking for kinks and disconnecting the drain line and trying to empty directly into a garbage can, upping the 200 initial BFR, lowering it.. etc etc.. nothing would work so I would end up disconnecting myself,  and getting a new cartridge and starting fresh.

But alas - last night, when I tried my new cartridge trick, it wouldnt work!  By the second waste of a cartridge it was already 1am and I had to be up by 5am for a family function - so I decided not to call.

Was home around 8am and called nxstage right away.  They wanted me to try another treatment tonight and try all of the things stated previously that I told them I already tried.  I repeated myself that I did that already.. so she asked if I can send over my log files from the jump drive on the back of the machine.  She mentioned if they were to do it the way of the telephone line (like they've done in the past with me) it'd take a long time and its a cumbersome ordeal (or something).  So, I obliged.. and called around 1pm to see if theres been progress.  Apparently all the files didn't send over (out of 100 there was about 16 left..) so I made sure the rest got over and I was told they were backed up and it may be awhile but someone will definitely get back to me.  Meanwhile, I was forced to put all plans aside for the day and wait for the phone call (I also didn't get a c hance to nap in fear that I'd miss their call!)

Finally, just about 20 minutes ago, 5:45p - I called again.  I would've called earlier but I didn't want to be a PITA and I had faith in them that they'd call back.  Well, guess what?  THE PEOPLE WHO WERE "WORKING" ON MY CASE HAVE LEFT FOR THE DAY!!  Ughhhhhhh.  Are you kidding me??? The guy, Rich, again, though I think it may be a different Rich from my usual Rich, but maybe not.. was very nice in explaining that only the "day crew' can read the log files and there was really nothing he can do for me. 

I've never been this aggravated with them before - nor have I had to wait more than a freaking HOUR for some kind of response on what the problem was with one of my machines.  Needless to say, its disappointing.  I hope its not a sign for whats to come. When I started there weren't that many patients on nxstage (I know I was the only one and the guinea pig in my region..) - I hope the more patients theyre getting that it doesnt start to effect their customer service.. though it looks like it may...  :rant;

And if anyone from the nxstage crew reads this - I love you all - but seriously, the way my case was handled today was not coooooool.  I mean, my dog had to miss his wash n cut appointment because I was waiting for your call and couldn't leave the house!   ::)  :banghead;

1992 @ age 12 i was suddenly diagnosed with ESRD. 
1992 - 1995: Peritoneal Dialysis
1995: Cadaver Transplant
2001: Kidney rejects, back on PD
2002: too much scar tissue prevents PD from succeeding, go on hemo via permacath,
         transplanted kidney is removed.
Dec 2004 -- 2009t: on NXSTAGE (with the bags NOT pureflow) 6x a week via permacath
Dec 2009: Transplant from a pal
Oct 2016 - present:  Transplant fails, back on NxStage w/pureflow via femoral cath, patiently waiting for next kidney
Wallyz

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »

Was it a 22 yellow or a 22 red?
  the 22 yellows go away after the first yellow 2 self check cycle.
alrightstill

BAH!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »

Hey Wally -

It's always a red 22, the machine stops, I try to bypass.. and then I get it again.  Whenever it happens its always within the first minute of being on..

I have an unopened box of different cartrdiges (same lot number though) and I'm going to try again tonight.. just for the hey of it.

2002: too much scar tissue prevents PD from succeeding, go on hemo via permacath,
Dec 2004 -- 2009t: on NXSTAGE (with the bags NOT pureflow) 6x a week via permacath
Oct 2016 - present:  Transplant fails, back on NxStage w/pureflow via femoral cath, patiently waiting for next kidney
alrightstill

BAH!

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

And now I'm on the machine.. and everything is fine...  grrrr.

Wallyz

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:26:59 AM »

22 red has usually been clamped green clamp or  a kink in the green line for me, and I have seen some cartridges with pre-kinked tubing.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »