I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2024, 07:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: News Articles
| | |-+  92% of ESRD patients in US are within 60 miles of System One.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 92% of ESRD patients in US are within 60 miles of System One.  (Read 1987 times)
Roadrunner

« on: June 27, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »

NxStage Expands System One Network Coverage for ESRD Patients

Names Jeff Smith Vice President And General Manager, Home Market

LAWRENCE, Mass., June 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NxStage Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), a leading manufacturer of innovative dialysis products, today announced that based on recent data compiled from its patient database matched with CMS public data, approximately 92 percent of End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients within the continental United States are now located within a 60 mile radius of a dialysis center which offers System One(TM) therapy.

We are extremely pleased to have increased ESRD patient and physician access to System One via our comprehensive and growing network of dialysis centers, said Jeff Burbank, Chief Executive Officer. We are committed to further develop and invigorate these programs to deepen our penetration and extend the quality of life benefits of home dialysis to more patients.

http://www.nxstage.com/ir.cfm
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »

When is NX stage going to force centers to offer training at a reasonable hour, after our normal work day! So I do not have to take six weeks off of work for dialysis training!  It is ridiculous!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Chris
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 06:51:38 PM »

There website needs a little work. Just incase I have o go back on dialysis and choose NxStage, looking for a center is not the easiest thing to do on the website.I get a diferent listing each time I click on distance, center size, and original listing. How about just list them all within a certain range of distance and then list the centers size in the table provided. Idiot web designer!

Diabetes -  age 7

Neuropathy in legs age 10

Eye impairments and blindness in one eye began in 95, major one during visit to the Indy 500 race of that year
   -glaucoma and surgery for that
     -cataract surgery twice on same eye (2000 - 2002). another one growing in good eye
     - vitrectomy in good eye post tx November 2003, totally blind for 4 months due to complications with meds and infection

Diagnosed with ESRD June 29, 1999
1st Dialysis - July 4, 1999
Last Dialysis - December 2, 2000

Kidney and Pancreas Transplant - December 3, 2000

Cataract Surgery on good eye - June 24, 2009
Knee Surgery 2010
2011/2012 in process of getting a guide dog
Guide Dog Training begins July 2, 2012 in NY
Guide Dog by end of July 2012
Next eye surgery late 2012 or 2013 if I feel like it
Home with Guide dog - July 27, 2012
Knee Surgery #2 - Oct 15, 2012
Eye Surgery - Nov 2012
Lifes Adventures -  Priceless

No two day's are the same, are they?
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

My only reason for considering NxStage is the travel freedom. Otherwise, it aint't worth it.

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 06:33:57 AM »

My only reason for considering NxStage is the travel freedom. Otherwise, it aint't worth it.

why do you say that, flip? So many positive stories on here about it, what was your experience?

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »