I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 07:35:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  I wish you could have been there to help me out on this one guys...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I wish you could have been there to help me out on this one guys...  (Read 8889 times)
bioya

« on: July 20, 2008, 11:03:45 AM »

I just returned from a weeks vacation. During this time, I spent much of the day at the Condo pool because the sand on the beach was just too hot to be on. Anyway, during this time I noticed one big fat condo owner. He was so arrogant it was not funny. He came to the pool, all 350 pounds of him with gold chain all over his neck and arms and gold rings on every finger. He either had money, or he wanted everyone to think he did, but either way, he was an arrogant jerk. Very loud and opinionated. You could hear him talk all over the pool area. He was slamming this and that, on and on every day.
Well, now for “the rest of the story”. On Thursday he was sitting in his chair, again being loud and obnoxious. Well, you could not help but hear him and what he was saying. I tried to shut him out, and I am pretty good at that when I want to be. But then I heard the word “dialysis”.  Well, needless to say my ears perked up.   Anyway, here is pretty much what he said.

He was pissed that ‘his’ taxes had to pay for other peoples health care issues. I don’t know who or what got his panties all messed up, but he was going on and on how ‘he’ should not have to support peoples health care, ESPECIALLY dialysis patients. He said that it was the person on dialysis that was at fault and that they caused themselves to lose their kidney function and as far as he was concerned, dialysis patients should just die and insurance/medicare/Medicaid should not be spent to keep people alive.   :Kit n Stik;

Well, that was all it took. I had three days of listening to his bull$hit. I was laying on my stomach but I just rolled over, got up and lit into him. I told him, right up front that he was an ignorant bastard and he had no clue what he was talking about. The fat a$$ prick jus t sat there and looked at me.  I did not even give him a chance to say anything in his defense, in my opinion, there was no defense for what he said.

I gave him a few facts about dialysis, causes etc. I told him that in my years as a manager of a dialysis manager I had never had any patients, or heard of any patients, that ‘wanted’ to be on dialysis. I went on and on and when I was done, I just looked at this jerk and told him I was sorry that he felt the way he did, and I prayed that no one in his family lost their kidney function.  I also asked him if he had any questions about dialysis that he would like to ask before I left. Of course, he just sat there (the fat a$$ jerk). There had to have been 16 to 20 people that were close enough to hear everything I said. A couple of people just smiled when I was ranting, others nodded, but really no one said a word.   :rant;

The next day I went back to my little area at the pool and sure enough, about noon or so here comes Mr. fata$$ Gold chain man. He would not even look at me. But I will say one thing. It was very quiet that day at the pool. Mr. Opinion kept his mouth shut, at least during the time I was there.  :yahoo;

I have never EVER NEVER wished bad things on people. But I would not be said if he in fact had to go on dialysis. The only bad thing about that would be the poor staff that would have to keep this jerk alive.

Thanks for listening to my anger rant. 
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »

One day his chickens will come home to roost, in the meantime GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2thumbsup; :yahoo;
flip
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »

sounds like a prime candidate for a good ole fashioned country ass whoopin'

That which does not kill me only makes me stronger - Neitzsche
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »

:thx; That was great. So many times we walk away and later think "...oh I SHOULD of said..." but you actually did it!  :2thumbsup;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
G-Ma
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 01:19:26 PM »

:bow; Good for you.

Lost vision due to retinopathy 12/2005, 30 Laser Surg 2006
ESRD diagnosed 12/2006
03/2007 Fantastic Eye Surgeon in ND got my sight back and implanted lenses in both eyes, great distance & low reading.
Gortex 4/07.  Started dialysis in ND 5/4/2007
Gortex clotted off Thanksgiving Week of 2007, was unclotted and promptly clotted off 1/2 hour later so Permacath Rt chest.
3/2008 move to NC to be close to children.
2 Step fistula, 05/08-elevated 06/08, using mid August.
Aug 5, 08, trained NxStage and Home on 9/3/2008.
Fistulagram 09/2008. In hospital 10/30/08, Bowel Obstruction.
Back to RAI-Latrobe In Center. No home hemo at this time.
GOD IS GOOD
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »

Right on, bioya. Maybe that dicktard should spend some time at a dialysis centre, preferably with needles in his arm, then he might have a different idea of what dialysis is, and how none of us "asked" for dialysis or caused it ourselves. Oh, and he should have the tech that ALWAYS infiltrates people  >:D Some people are just asshats.

Adam

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »

bioya  :bow; :bow; :bow; I say, bless your heart. I hope that this ass---- gets a lesson in "What goes around, comes around".

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Ang
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 04:57:23 PM »

i  think  they  call  it  karma,hopefully  it'll  come  back  and  bite  him  hard

live  life  to  the  full  and you won't  die  wondering
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »

:clap; Well done!
Robby712

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »

Awesome!  :clap;
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

what goes around comes around (always) someday he will regret his attitude. (good for you, and thanks)

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »

:Kit n Stik; :Kit n Stik;  That was using the old Kit stick. Good for you!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
annabanana

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »

:clap; :clap; :clap; :clap;

caregiver to Randy:
HepC and stage 4 ckd
1 kidney removed (cancer)Aug07
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »

I applaud your efforts in standing up for those of us who never chose to be afflicted with kidney failure.

If he was a real man and had any gumption, he would have walked up and apologized for speaking so ignorantly about Dialysis.

By his silence, he proved what kind of individual he truly is.

Weighing over 350lbs. leads me to believe he'll have his own set of medical problems within the next few years.  I wonder what his opinion on health care will be then.

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:52 AM »

Weighing over 350lbs. leads me to believe he'll have his own set of medical problems within the next few years.  I wonder what his opinion on health care will be then.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't already have major health problems and either doesn't know it or is in denial. Either way, he sounds like a schoolyard bully, especially since he shut up as soon as someone stood up to him. Way to go, Bioya!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
RichardMEL
Member for Life

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »

Sounds like a prime candidate for type 2 diabetes at the very least from what you've said. Yes, hopefully karma does come around. Sad and horrible to say, but ignorant people like that really make me angry too.

Thank you for standing up for the dialysis community!!

3/1993: Diagnosed with Kidney Failure (FSGS)
25/7/2006: Started hemo 3x/week 5 hour sessions :(
27/11/2010: Cadaveric kidney transplant from my wonderful donor!!! "Danny" currently settling in and working better every day!!! :)

BE POSITIVE * BE INFORMED * BE PROACTIVE * BE IN CONTROL * LIVE LIFE!
del
Elite Member

del and willowtreewren meet

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:45 PM »

:2thumbsup; :bow; :bow;  So glad you stood up to the arrogant bas---d!!!  If hubby was there he would have been right behind you NO probably ahead of you in giving him a few facts about dialysis!!! 

Don't take your organs to heaven.  Heaven knows we need them here.
Vlynn

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 07:56:44 AM »

I just returned from a weeks vacation. During this time, I spent much of the day at the Condo pool because the sand on the beach was just too hot to be on. Anyway, during this time I noticed one big fat condo owner. He was so arrogant it was not funny. He came to the pool, all 350 pounds of him with gold chain all over his neck and arms and gold rings on every finger. He either had money, or he wanted everyone to think he did, but either way, he was an arrogant jerk. Very loud and opinionated. You could hear him talk all over the pool area. He was slamming this and that, on and on every day.
Well, now for “the rest of the story”. On Thursday he was sitting in his chair, again being loud and obnoxious. Well, you could not help but hear him and what he was saying. I tried to shut him out, and I am pretty good at that when I want to be. But then I heard the word “dialysis”.  Well, needless to say my ears perked up.   Anyway, here is pretty much what he said.

He was pissed that ‘his’ taxes had to pay for other peoples health care issues. I don’t know who or what got his panties all messed up, but he was going on and on how ‘he’ should not have to support peoples health care, ESPECIALLY dialysis patients. He said that it was the person on dialysis that was at fault and that they caused themselves to lose their kidney function and as far as he was concerned, dialysis patients should just die and insurance/medicare/Medicaid should not be spent to keep people alive.   :Kit n Stik;

Well, that was all it took. I had three days of listening to his bull$hit. I was laying on my stomach but I just rolled over, got up and lit into him. I told him, right up front that he was an ignorant bastard and he had no clue what he was talking about. The fat a$$ prick jus t sat there and looked at me.  I did not even give him a chance to say anything in his defense, in my opinion, there was no defense for what he said.

I gave him a few facts about dialysis, causes etc. I told him that in my years as a manager of a dialysis manager I had never had any patients, or heard of any patients, that ‘wanted’ to be on dialysis. I went on and on and when I was done, I just looked at this jerk and told him I was sorry that he felt the way he did, and I prayed that no one in his family lost their kidney function.  I also asked him if he had any questions about dialysis that he would like to ask before I left. Of course, he just sat there (the fat a$$ jerk). There had to have been 16 to 20 people that were close enough to hear everything I said. A couple of people just smiled when I was ranting, others nodded, but really no one said a word.   :rant;

The next day I went back to my little area at the pool and sure enough, about noon or so here comes Mr. fata$$ Gold chain man. He would not even look at me. But I will say one thing. It was very quiet that day at the pool. Mr. Opinion kept his mouth shut, at least during the time I was there.  :yahoo;

I have never EVER NEVER wished bad things on people. But I would not be said if he in fact had to go on dialysis. The only bad thing about that would be the poor staff that would have to keep this jerk alive.

Thanks for listening to my anger rant. 

WHAT AN A*HOLE That guy sounds like an ignorant self centered jerk Karma will come to him for sure
Wallyz

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »

Good on ya, Bioya.  I would have been right there with you. :clap; :clap; :clap;
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 06:29:12 AM »

Good for you!

Sometimes the ignorance of some people is
just unimaginable.  I am sure he would be singing
a different tune of he or one of his loved ones
was suffering from kidney failure.

Bless you for setting this guy straight! :2thumbsup; :clap; :2thumbsup;

Anne
donnia
Elite Member

me and my donor Joyce

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 08:49:30 AM »

Way to go!!!  Thank you for putting that jerk in his place. 
 :boxing;
 :boxing;
I hate it when people speak of things which they know nothing about!

Born with one kidney 1972
Ureter re-constructured 1975 (reflux had already damaged the kidney)
Diagnosed and treated for high blood pressure 2000
Diagnosed ESRF October 2006
Started dialysis September 2007
Last dialysis June 4, 2008
Transplant from my hero, Joyce, June 5, 2008
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »

Thank you for defending kidney patients   :cuddle;   You are a good person and an angel to those with kidney failure  :grouphug;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »

Maybe if you had pushed him in the pool he would have sank. Great job...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »