I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:26:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  What a Transplant Will Do
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What a Transplant Will Do  (Read 8054 times)
NolaGail

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 02:22:11 PM »

:'( My grout is feeling very left out!

Congrats on the energy level.  I pray mine will be like that when I get my transplant.  I am like Rerun, I don't plan except to be tired.

Glad things are going well for you  :clap;

NolaGail

In His no-slip grip!

Living donor has one more test to go (4-14-2008).  Her left kidney could be mine in a few months.  No surgery date yet.
IrishGirl

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »

Oh No. Wait a minute. So, your saying that if you get a transplant, you have to scrub your kitchen grout? I had no idea that was part of the deal. I refuse. No transplant for me. No way. I wont do it if it means I have to get on my knees and scrub my kitchen floor. All you folks who cannot find a kidney, take heed. This sounds like a very bad situation to me. If you found a kidney you might be expected to scrub your kitchen floor. Run the other way. Quickly.....turn and run !!!!  :rofl;
Sunny
Elite Member

Sunny

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 11:35:53 AM »

Yes, there could be a drawback here.
With a transplant, people will expect you to be normal enough to clean the grout!
Hummmm! You can always claim the cleaning chemicals are bad for the kidney.

Sunny, 49 year old female
 pre-dialysis with GoodPastures
NolaGail

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 02:30:35 PM »

Good one, Sunny  :rofl;!

NolaGail (your birthday bud)

In His no-slip grip!

Living donor has one more test to go (4-14-2008).  Her left kidney could be mine in a few months.  No surgery date yet.
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »

Oh No. Wait a minute. So, your saying that if you get a transplant, you have to scrub your kitchen grout? I had no idea that was part of the deal. I refuse. No transplant for me. No way. I wont do it if it means I have to get on my knees and scrub my kitchen floor. All you folks who cannot find a kidney, take heed. This sounds like a very bad situation to me. If you found a kidney you might be expected to scrub your kitchen floor. Run the other way. Quickly.....turn and run !!!!  :rofl;

:rofl;  :rofl;  :rofl;

Just remember, I was home for THREE MONTHS before going back to work. I was bored with TV after about a week, and got tired of sitting on my rear end reading after about a month. I had to find something to do!

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
pelagia
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 06:39:19 PM »

That is good news. You must be looking better.Sometimes it takes a person who hasn't seen you in a while to notice a difference you are unaware of.
Now, do you feel like you look better?
Do you notice any physical changes in your face or physique?

You mean aside from the weight I've gained? I haven't been careful about what I've been eating, just enjoying being able to have cheese and chocolate again without feeling like I need to take five binders with it! Since I've been on prednisone for most of my life, my face really hasn't changed much that I'm aware of.

As for how I feel, there's no way to describe it. I feel incredible! I actually got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the grout in our kitchen the other day for two and half hours, then cleaned my son's bedroom and bathroom later that day. While on dialysis I would have done about 30 minutes in the kitchen and been wiped out for the rest of the day.

My husband's transplant is scheduled for May 14th.  All I can say is that I hope he will get into scrubbing floors after he has a transplant :bandance;

Seriously, this is my first chance to sit and read posts in this area. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

As for me, I'll borrow this thought: "Having never experienced kidney disease, I had no idea how crucial kidney function is to the rest of the body." - KD
Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 02:14:46 PM »

KT,
Sounds like you have been busy girl!!!! I have lots of things here to do wanna help???? hehehhehehehe!!!!! I look so forward to Dustin getting his transplant one day!!!!!!! I am so happy you are doing well.

God Bless,
Lori/Indiana
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »