I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Feeling Acidic
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Feeling Acidic  (Read 1534 times)
HSM

« on: April 25, 2008, 02:44:41 AM »

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering when you guys eat something your body doesn't like or something that we are "not allowed" to eat, and you end up with an acidic feeling in your stomach what do you guys do? Does anyone have a cure for this or something to alleviate that feeling?

Thanks for your time, take care.

HSM

The only reason I attend dialysis is for the tea and the biscuits!

Dialysis wasn't the end, it was just the beginning!

It's about ability, NOT disability!
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:50:23 AM »

You could try to counter act that with something alkaline and hope for the best. Celery, almonds, and even citrus fruit are less acidic. But if you feel ucky from what you ate, you probably don't want anything else.
stauffenberg
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:21:32 AM »

Paradoxically, often what patients experience as an 'acid stomach' is in fact just the opposite, since a highly alkaline content in the stomach, if poorly digested, can cause the deficient amount of stomach acid to 'splash back' into the esophagus, where the patient experiences it as excess acidity.  The unfortunate thing is that many patients who have this problem respond by taking one of the many antacids on the market, which only makes things worse.  In fact they should be taking hydrochlorate tablets to increase the amount of stomach acid they have.

But only a personal clinical investigation can determine which problem is causing your specific symptoms.  It is worth noting, though, that having too little acid in the stomach is much more common than having too much.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »