I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2024, 05:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  ..
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ..  (Read 7525 times)
karen547

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 10:24:28 AM »

I can relate Matt- I don't do nighttime dialysis but there are times at my clinic where there will be NO Nurses, or Techs nearby. I just shake my head sometimes- I mean I have never had a nurse or tech fall asleep- that seems very IRRESPONSIBLE- But it is scary to think that ppl like that get hired- I mean some ppl seem to have no compassion or just plain common sense anymore! If I see one more piece of plastic tape on me I will scream!! Lol/ hope things get better- if not COMPLAIN YOUR ASS OFF!!!! lol
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »

Take that annoying buzzer from the boardgame "Taboo".     In my opinion, that will wake anybody up!   And piss them off...  :clap;

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
aharris2
Elite Member

Volcan Pacaya, Guatemala

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »

Oh great!!!.. I'm in Florida and...

Now I'm thinking I should move...

Mysty, these horror stories go on everywhere. Neo' s unit has a problem employee as can happen anywhere, in any setting. In this particular setting, where a person can easily die left unattended, the problem employee needs to be terminated.

Neo, the measure of the quality of your unit is how fast this happens. So far, it's not looking good.

In my job (I'm a state employee involved in construction inspection, hardly a critical activity) you are fired on the spot if you are caught sleeping. But, the accusation needs to be substantiated - a second witness, etc. Is your director looking for proof? Maybe a photo or video would help.

Alene

Life is like a box of chocolates...the more you eat the messier it gets - Epofriend

Epofriend - April 7, 1963 - May 24, 2013
My dear Rolando, I miss you so much!
Rest in peace my dear brother...
Audreysmomma

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 12:49:22 PM »

That sucks!! keep bugging them! They are there for you! Call the medical director, the boss, I don't know where you dialyse, but if you let me know I can give you a list of what people to talk to. Nothing pisses me off more than people who don't understand how important our job is, especially for the nocturnal techs!
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 02:09:59 PM »

had another idea      give me the unit number and what time you need a shot      I will call her, tell her to wake the hell up and take care
of our IDH son, and give him is freakin' shot.... :rant; and we better get a good report from Matt or she will face the IHD and we take care of our own....... her :sir ken; will be kicked

EDITED:Fixed smiley tag error-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:19:36 PM by kitkatz » Logged
twirl
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

had another idea      give me the unit number and what time you need a shot      I will call her, tell her to wake the hell up and take care
of our IDH son, and give him is freakin' shot.... :rant; and we better get a good report from Matt or she will face the IHD and we take care of our own....... her :sir ken; will be kicked

her  :sir ken;  will be kicked                 ( little butt boy did not come out and that was am important part of the post)

EDITED: Fixed smiley tag error-kitkatz,moderator
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:19:02 PM by kitkatz » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »