I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 27, 2024, 07:20:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Thanks for making me feel welcome
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thanks for making me feel welcome  (Read 2068 times)
KATIEJAYNE2003

« on: September 23, 2008, 01:38:25 AM »

Hi Guys, thanks so much for your replies, it really does help knowing that im not the only one out there that feels the way i do, I do get really angry a lot of the time, and ive had a very loving relationship break down because of the illness which makes me resent it, and its treatment even more. I had to be persuaded to actually go back on to dialysis in the first place as i thought i would be better off not here that going through the misery of daily dialysis. I did finally agree, but due to various problems with my dialysis (latest being that my fistula isnt working properly) it is a constant uphill struggle. There are many days where I dont feel I can cope, and for the benefit of everyone around me I feel sometimes that they would be better off if i was no longer here. Im quite lucky that i still work, but only because i dont want this thing to take any more control oevr my life than it already has, i feel i have major control issues, which, ive been told is very common in patients with Kidney Failure - Guess we are a weird breed then lol. One thing i would like to know is why me? I know it sounds like a really dumb ass question to be asking but, there is no history of kidney disease anywhere in my family - like even going back hundereds and hundereds of years. I had dysplastic Kidneys? is anyone elses ESRF caused by this, if so what is it and why does it happen, in my fight to gain control over my illness i really think it would help if i knew the whys and whens

Thanks again for listening - you understand better than anybody xxxx

DIAGNOSED ESRF NOVEMBER 1993
STARTED PERITONEAL DIALYSIS DECEMBER 1993
CADAVERIC TRANSPLANT JUNE 1994
ESRF OF TRANSPLANT MAY 2007
STARTED PERITONEAL DIALYSIS JULY 2007.
ON TRANSPLANT LIST AUGUST 28TH 2007
HICKMAN LINE FITTED NOVEMBER 2007
WRIST FISTULA FORMED JANUARY 2008
ELBOW FISTULA FORMED MARCH 2008
HOME HAEMO DIALYSIS STARTED MARCH 2008
1ST NEEDLE IN FISTULA BY NURSE JUNE 2008
1ST NEEDLE IN FISTULA BY MYSELF JULY 2008
boxman55
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 03:44:44 PM »

Hi KATEJAYNE2003, I moved your post here so more members will see it sooner and help you with your questions. Please hang in there it does get better. Sometimes not a lot but at least a little...Boxman

"Be the change you wished to be"
Started Hemodialysis 8/14/06
Lost lower right leg 5/16/08 due to Diabetes
Sister was denied donation to me for medical reasons 1/2008
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »

katiejayne, boxman is right, it will get easier and we are always here to listen to you rant if you need to. We are family.

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »

Katiejayne, that is why we are here--to help make things easier. A burden is lighter when shared by many, so lean on us.    I have no kidney history in my family either.  Idopathic FSGS--- no known reason.  I don't know if it helps to have a history or to know why.  Maybe others can answer that question for both of us.   Keep posting.  :cuddle;

fsgs

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
devon

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:05:26 AM »

I like to think of it this way... it doesn't get easier, we just get better at dealing with it!

-Devon
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »