I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
| | |-+  Anemia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anemia  (Read 4380 times)
EMMA

« on: August 29, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »

Hello Everyone...

Just wondering for some advice...I am scheduled for my catheter in three weeks...My function is at about 8%...I have felt pretty good so far...but today I woke up and was so dizzy all day that I really couldnt function.  It is really frightening to feel so out of control  :canadaflag;...has anyone else felt this...thank you Emma
KICKSTART
Elite Member

In da House.

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 06:13:01 AM »

Not sure what you are asking here ? Are you asking if these are symptoms of anemia ? Usually you feel very tired , washed out and weak , you can also get quite breathless . Hope this is of some help ?

OH NO!!! I have Furniture Disease as well ! My chest has dropped into my drawers !
EMMA

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »

yes...I was just wondering about symptoms of anemia...i feel fine as long as i am sitting down...but as soon as i stand, i start to get dizzy...thanks
bolta72

my best friend

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 02:01:18 PM »

Is your blood pressure low ?

gotta do what I gotta do.. 2 yrs in ctr hemo
EMMA

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:07:12 PM »

no...I have been checking it every morning and night time...when i sit and when i stand...thanks
KT0930
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:28:33 AM »

It might not be related to kidneys/dialysis at all. I've had this in the past, and it was an inner ear infection.

"Dialysis ain't for sissies" ~My wonderful husband
~~~~~~~
I received a 6 out of 6 antigen match transplant on January 9, 2008. Third transplant, first time on The List.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »

The dizzy could be anemia, blood pressure, or even a reaction to new meds - dizzy is a pretty common side effect.

When my anemia was really bad, I was rarely dizzy, mostly just tired and feeling like I couldn't catch my breath - not enough red blood cells to deliver oxygen to the body.  Climbing stairs becomes an all-day project.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Razman

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 02:06:59 PM »

Do you know what your hemoglobin level is?  I started on  Eprex (EPO) about  2 years ago .  Pick up a couple months worth of the medicine and give the shots to myself and I still have about 3 years to go.  It just helps keep your energy level up.  Just a thought.
keefer51

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:47:38 AM »

I don't know Emma, that can come from a number of things. Before i went on dialysis this time i waited for a year till my creatine was a 10.0. I was feeling pretty bad. I was dizzy and sick all the time. When i finally succumbed to the disease i couldn't wait to be on dialysis. I got my catheter in with no problem and around six or seven treatments later i felt better.

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Lucinda

Life is great!

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 04:04:31 AM »

Hi Emma

When I first became very anaemic I was dizzy every time I stood up and I was nauseated and exhuasted all the time.  Once I had a couple of infusions 1 gram of iron I was worse for the first week after it and then was much better after that.  Topped up with aranesp every two weeks and I am really feeling about the best I have in two years at the moment.  Enjoying every second before the dialysis starts.  The symptoms frightened me a little at first but now I am feeling better I know what to expect if my iron gets low again.  Everyone here is terrific because most have had some similar symptom at one time or another and it is a great support when you are not sure what to expect.  You will be fine, just try and get on top of your iron levels.  Love, Cindy. xxx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »