I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:25:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  marvin's in the hospital
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: marvin's in the hospital  (Read 20316 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »

I hope things go well, will keep you both in our prayers.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2008, 03:25:43 PM »

Good point, Rose, Marvin does need to have something in his stomach before he gets the antibiotics.
And you know they are gonna really mess up his stomach.  grrrrr.... as if he needed this!!!

Hang in there, it's gonna get better!!!! It's gotta!!
The Wife

« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2008, 06:10:44 PM »

The two of you have been through so much.  Lots of love and hugs your way... :grouphug;
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #128 on: February 15, 2008, 07:00:22 PM »

thanks, all...
Marvin had a pretty good day today.  So far, he's managed to keep down grits, Fruit Loops, peach halves, and a bologna sandwich.  I know it's some weird stuff to be eating, but when he says, "I think I could eat..." I go and fix it -- no matter what it is.

I'm thinking his pain meds (Tylenol #3) may be a part of what is making him sick on his stomach.  He didn't need any today, and he wasn't sick.  But, then with all of the infection, with the strong IV antibiotic (Daptomycin), and with everything else that has been put in his poor body, there's no telling what the cause is (may be a little bit of everything).

Today was better than yesterday.  We're hoping tomorrow is better than today.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #129 on: February 15, 2008, 09:16:20 PM »

One of the best signs of the road to recovery is building an apetite. WooHoo!  :bandance; Get well Marvin.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2008, 09:36:58 PM »

Tell God that WE give you an A already. You passed.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2008, 11:26:52 PM »

Keep feeding that boy! I hope he gets stronger and can get back to home hemo soon.  :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #132 on: February 15, 2008, 11:33:29 PM »

May every 'today' be better than 'yesterday' for both of you.  :cuddle;

Oh and I just had to say - out of that list of food I'd only ever heard of peach halves. We all speak 'english' but have such different terminology, like grits are little piece of stones to me, but I'm sure that's not really what he ate!  Just imagine  :rofl;  :rofl;

Take care both of you  :cuddle;
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2008, 03:53:17 AM »

Rose,
I forget that IHD has members from all over the world.

"Grits" are a finely ground corn meal.  They are a very "Southern US" breakfast meal.  They are boiled and served hot, and end up kind of paste-like.  I didn't grow up in the south, so I have had some trouble getting used to them.  Marvin, a good ole southern boy, has loved them all his life.  They are a little bland in taste, but you can add butter or cheese to them (if you like).

"Fruit Loops" are a kid's breakfast cereal.  They are sugary and sweet.  Marvin is a 52-year-old "kid" who still loves these types of cereals.
rose1999
Elite Member

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2008, 03:59:07 AM »

Thanks Petey, I now have a much nicer picture of Marvin's taste in food! :rofl;

All the best to both of you
Rose xx
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2008, 06:05:38 AM »

Petey,  Hope each day Marvin gains a little more strength.  My wish is that by summer, he will be feeling great and we can meet up somewhere!  I am going to keep working on that thought--I like to have goals to work towards.  You  are doing an incredible job as caregiver.  Marvin is certainly blessed to have you for his wife.

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2008, 08:29:53 AM »

Paris,
After everything that has happened in the last few days (Goofynina), Marvin and I have determined that we MUST meet you.  (I re-read the post where Susie went to meet Epoman, and it was so special for both of them...the opportunity of a lifetime.)  We're hoping that a couple of months will find Marvin much, much better (and without the Wound Vac).  Then, we want to make plans to come up to Raleigh, maybe have dinner, and put our arms around you and AlohaBeth in a big IHD group hug.  Are you game?

If Marvin and I have learned anything from Susie's life and her love for IHD folks, it's that these bonds we're making on this site are strong and for a lifetime.  The friendships here are to be cherished and nourished.  Let's make sure we follow her example...besides, wouldn't it make Sluff insanely jealous to see us post a picture of the four of us eating at Macaroni Grill (in Cary)?

petey
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »

YAY, Marvin!!!

I'm so glad to hear you're eatng, and good stuff too!!! Gotta love kid's cereal!!!!

Petey, keep feeding him, whatever he wants!!! When he is off the daggone antibiotic
is time enough for the diet. That's my story and I'm sticking to it....

Hang in there honey, we're rooting for the two of you!!!!
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »

Petey, Marvin and food---sounds like a great combination! We will make it happen. We owe it to Epoman and Goofynina.  I am making a persona goal to meet more "family" this year.  Ohio Buckeye is on my list and somehow I need to go to PA. and meet Romona.   In the meantime, I'll keep sending good healing wishes to Marvin and love to both of you.   :cuddle;

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2008, 01:07:13 PM »

I love Froot Loops and Captain Crunch Cereals. The kid in me loves sweet cereals.  I like to take grits and make them thick, then fry them up in lots of butter, then put maple syrup over them. Yummy.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2008, 01:45:55 PM »

I am thrilled to be on your list Paris.
How I wished I could have gotten to  Lv.
I will ride with you to PA to meet Ramona if you need me to.
How great that would be.=!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2008, 02:58:09 PM »

Petey, Marvin and food---sounds like a great combination! We will make it happen. We owe it to Epoman and Goofynina.  I am making a persona goal to meet more "family" this year.  Ohio Buckeye is on my list and somehow I need to go to PA. and meet Romona.   In the meantime, I'll keep sending good healing wishes to Marvin and love to both of you.   :cuddle;
Let me know when you swing by Pennsylvania to meet Romona, she isn't too far from me  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »