I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  My Best Dialysis Session
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Best Dialysis Session  (Read 2991 times)
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« on: June 17, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

I am writing this from my home island country of Barbados.  I had to come here to attend the funeral of an aunt.
My dialysis session is usually the second session of Mon-Wed-Fri.  Because I had to take a plane, I had to do dialysis Friday morning.  I reached there at 7.00 a.m
Here is what was great; first of all, they put me on the machine which is in the coldest section of the room.  My needles went in with no fuss.  I asked for and got a light sheet to cover with.  I didn't read, watch tv or chat with anyone.  I just had the most delicious sleep ever.  I woke for a little while, thought for a few minutes and was off to sleep again.  When I woke and asked how much time I had left - it was only 18 minutes.  My bleeding stopped in record time - even the arterial!!  No spurting, nothing.
I didn't bounce out of there, but I sure didn't feel like crap as I left.
I wonder if they would allow me to rent that particular machine so as I can make sure that is where they put me each time ......... ;D

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »

Oh wow!  That was nice for you!   :D
I do not think of dialysis time as being particularly nice, but it is nice to have a good run on a machine and be able to relax while you are there. I know I like a quiet run. The guy beside me on Friday was belching and throwing up for an hour and a half. Yuck!  He finally left early.  He was complaining it was cold in the building. I was burning up sweating over in my chair.  I am always complaining about the cold in the building, but Friday it was WARM inside.  He must have been sick or something.
I prefer being warm to cold so I did not complain about the warmth.

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
kevno

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:46:27 PM »

Dialysis what dialysis. I out of it for most of the time on the machine because of the pethidine. On dialysis now seems like five minutes if that. :)

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 03:36:14 PM »

Oh I wish. Some nights take foreeeeever!

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 03:40:10 PM »

I don't see how anyone can sleep when you get BP taken every 30 minutes!  Do they come and wake you for a BP reading?

Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »

They never wake me for a reading.  The machine does it automatically and the BP is recorded.  They wouldn't want to wake me.  I am sure they like when I am sleeping - then I don't ask for anything, don't complain about the heat (that is my problem), don't ask them 40 times how much more time I have.
BTW, I am back home, so I will not miss my session tomorrow for them to tell me that the machine is the most important thing in my life now.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 05:16:33 PM by bajanne2000 » Logged

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:55:15 AM »

The machine is the most important thing in your life now?????   What idiot told you that one!
You should tell them that love and spirit are important right now.  They can take that dialysis machine and shove.  But go to every treatment anyway, it will irritate the Hell out of them.

Katherine
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:13:22 PM by kitkatz » Logged

lifenotonthelist.com

kevno

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 12:20:20 PM »

I do not know if they take my BP or not, THAT PETHIDINE IS STRONG. :-\ Hopfully D-day this week. Find out about when having the op :-\ :o :'( ;)

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »