I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 09:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  On Nxstage in New Jersey??
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: On Nxstage in New Jersey??  (Read 3690 times)
jenn318

« on: January 24, 2008, 12:49:14 PM »

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum when it comes to posting, but I have been on here many times to read. My fiance does Dialysis at home and we use the Pureflow from Nxstage. we have been using it for a year now. A while back Nxstage wanted to take it away from us because his labs were off but come to find out he wasnt getting good clearance because there was a problem with his graft, so we got to keep the machine. Well today nxstage told my fiance that pureflow was being discontinued by the state. That we have to go back to using bags. We live in Jersey. Can anyone tell me if they heard about this or not or are they trying to take the machine away from just us again. Please write back.. :'(

EDITED: Merged three posts into one, same subject matter - Sluff/ Admin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 12:32:25 PM by Sluff » Logged
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »

:welcomesign;
Hi Jen,
I can't help you, but maybe someone here can.
Roadrunner

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »

If NxStage told you that ask them for some documentation from NJ saying that the PureFlow is no longer approved. 

I'm sure we would all like to know the reason NJ feels it can no longer approve the Pure Flow.

Roadrunner
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »

Jenn...keep us informed please...I love the PureFlow

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
kidney4traci
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »

I wonder if something isn't coming down about pureflow.  There must have been some problems with the machine for there is alot of talk about it and testing lately.  I know my nurse said a center was fined but I don't know the specifics. 

Married - three children.
Alports female, diagnosed ESRD 10/04
11/04  Hemo in clinic
6/07 hemo at HOME! 
2/3/09 - Transplant from an angel of a friend!!!
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »

Why not call NxStage directly and ask?  They would know if Jersey's state regs are making them take away the pureflows there. There has been a big push about water and dialysate quality lately all over the US, but I don't know anything specific about Jersey.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

jenn318

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 07:31:12 AM »

Thanks guys for all your replies. Our center is the one that told us that and gave us a letter, but I am going to call Nxstage directly because we love the pureflow. We have some problems with it but its more convenient than the bags, seeing that we live on the fourth floor, the supplies are too much for us to carry. Well if anyone else heard of this please let me know. I will keep ya guys posted.
Roadrunner

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 07:30:03 AM »

Out nurse told us the they are suppose to deliver the supplies from NxStage and put them away for you.  The driver told me it is much easier to deliver to us (no stairs) than to deliver to those on the 2nd or 3rd floor. 

I would ask NxStage the next time you order supplies.

Roadrunner
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 01:02:27 PM »

Roadrunner, that depends on the which company is doing the deliveries.  Some areas have a private delivery service and rotating stock is part of their job description.  Around here, they use regular UPS service, and I'm lucky if I can get them to carry the stuff in the front door.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Roadrunner

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 03:19:50 PM »

That's awful. :thumbdown;  I heard that you need 1 ton of water on hand if you are not on pureflow.  There is no way I could carry that up several flights of stairs.  I would have to hire someone everytime there is a delivery.  If they left it in the door I could slowly move it, probably 1 or 2 bags at a time.  I guess there is no easy solution.  Better than the alternative.

Roadrunner
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »