I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  My NxStage weekend
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My NxStage weekend  (Read 2770 times)
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« on: January 22, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

I'll try to present the short version...
It was time for a new control panel in the PureFlow...we did, primed the new pak, and the next day started a batch. Just when it was about done, the PureFlow alarmed saying the control panel door was open...it wasn't, but even if I fixed that flaw, it would go right to drain and there'd be no doing a treatment that night. (We had no warmer so bags weren't an option...and I was already into my third day in a row off so I was really supposed to be all hooked up!)

I spoke several times with Brian at NxStage technical support and he was awesome. He assured me I hadn't done anything wrong in the control panel installation, and while most foks would want me to start a new batch to see if it was just a one time thing, he said that it had already caused too much anxiety and aggrivation so he'd send me a new one. This was at 5pm on Sunday and I had a new control panel, a new purification pak AND a warmer the next morning (a holiday!!!) at 8:00 am. It was great...amazing customer service.

While I"m grateful for their exemplary efforts, it did really instill further in me how reliant upon technology my life is. That was a little overwhelming...I think up till now I'd pretty much glossed over those details. But when something like this happens, it really brings our situations home.

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 11:55:02 AM »

Thats great they hooked you up. I hope all will be well for you here on out. Good luck  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 01:24:21 PM »

just keep on keeping on buddy.. :thumbup; good for you.
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 04:29:05 PM »

Just don't send that heater back!  That's the only thing I've got to gripe about here - otherwise they've been great when we've had problems.

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »