I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Off-Topic
| |-+  Other Severe Medical Conditions
| | |-+  Low Heart Rate
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Low Heart Rate  (Read 3857 times)
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« on: January 03, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »

When mom was getting her Aranesp shot today, they had a hard time getting her heart rate to read on the machine. The nurse called over another and they called her heart doctor who said to cut her dose in half. I do not know which med it was. Mom either doesn't remember or didn't ask. She was by herself at this appointment. At this point, I don't know if the cause IS the med.

Her blood pressure was 140/68 too.

She goes there every 2 weeks so this has occurred within that timeframe. They set her up to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours.

They also showed concern that she was still driving. She does get fatigued but she makes sure she is rested before driving. I guess we really have to watch the driving situation.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »

Maybe Mom will feel better since the med was cut.
I wonder if her pressure was up a little because of trouble with getting the heart rate.
BigSky
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »

Some BP medications have the side affect of lowering the heart rate.

Black
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:35:34 PM »

Has she had a complete thyroid panel done lately?  Hypothyroidism can case a slow heart rate and low BP.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
ODAT

Nala - Mom's Cat

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »

I don't think she's ever had her thyroid checked. I will check into it. Thanks. Really worried about her. She is always tired, takes naps on and off all day, said today that she hasn't had much of an appetite, and felt nauseous but not like throwing up. We go to the kidney doc on 1/16 to see how her numbers are. My sister will be on a cruise. I just feel bad news coming. Not BAD news, but that she'll need to get started now on dialysis. She hasn't been remembering too well either. Cath called her at 5:30 today. I had talked to her around 2:30 and mom told Cath that she talked to me either yesterday or today. Could be that she had just woke up from a nap though.

As is your sort of mind, so is your sort of search: you will find what you desire.
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:53:31 PM »

ESRD does bad things to the memory of most patients but after they get used to it and get good dialysis it often improves.  If they check her thyroid, you will have to insist that they check ALL of the thyroid levels or the will check only the TSH, which is a pituitary hormone.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »