I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:33:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  How many here have pets?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many here have pets?  (Read 8965 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 09:38:50 AM »

So sorry to hear about your dog...  so sad ..  Hope recovery is quick..
Pitbulls are banned here in Ontario... mean dogs...  >:D

Check out this site.

http://www.outofthepits.org/

My best friend's son and his wife are on the board of directors and currently have three pit bulls living in their house -- two rescues they now own, and one they are fostering until she can be placed in a permanent home.  All three are very sweet and very well trained.  Do you remember the dog "Petey" in the "Little Rascals" movies -- he was a pit bull, a child's dog.  Most pit bull attacks are the result of human stupidity -- poor breeding practices, poor training or abuse, and poor judgement by the owners.

I just read a news story about a dog that saved a 9 year old from drowning.  It wasn't his dog and wasn't a rescue dog -- he just heard the cries for help, dove in and swam back to shore with the boy hanging on.

I am happy every time I read another medical related article which supports the fact that pets add so much to our lives.  I think every hospital and every nursing home ought to have a "mascot".  Pets are such a blessing; we owe them a debt which is impossible to repay. 

Lorelle

Great website Lorelle!  I am totally with you on the value of pets.  When it's time for us to get another dog (many years hopefully), I will seriously consider rescuing a Pit.  I work at a vet's office, and the vast majority that come in are very nice.  I'd sooner ban Chows than Pits - those suckers try to bite just about every time. LOL

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 05:21:23 PM »

So sorry to hear about the dog.  Could you please keep us updated.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
ulrika

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:38 PM »

I am happy to give you an update. Buddy is doing great, the staples he had all over are gone, and so are the drainage tubes in his neck. He is back to his old self. We can't believe that he survived this ordeal with body and spirit intact. The vet is absolutely amazed. Last Friday, at a bbq, we discovered that Buddy is a pro soccer player. A previous owner must have taught him how to play, he knows all the rules. There were two female dogs at the bbq, and they were totally charmed by him. He is the most special dog, and we spoil him rotten. :)

Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 07:11:20 PM »

Glad Buddy's doing well!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Panda_9

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 07:39:27 PM »

Great news!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »