I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 08:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Your appetite
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your appetite  (Read 2248 times)
SheilaW

« on: November 19, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »

As a matter of curiosity, I was wondering about your appetite compared to how it was "before" this whole kidney ordeal.

I used to have a huge appetite.  Huge.  And I knew it.  And I paid for it.  I ate out of boredom, for comfort, just because something sounded good.  The day I went to the ER I weighed in at 284 pounds (43.2 BMI).  When I got home, I had no appetite.  For the first week, I could literally list every single morsel that went in my mouth.  I did eat, but not out of enjoyment any more.  I ate for energy or because I was weak beyond words.  But never much. 

Since the beginning of my Kidney Ordeal (August 4th) I have regained some appetite.  But not much.  I do occasionally feel hunger pangs now...which is something that never bothered me for the first few weeks.  I eat now, but usually not every meal and never as much as I used to.  The desire to eat just isn't there.  It's something I need to do, so I do it, but it's not something I use as a bad habit any more.  It's not really a conscience effort to not eat, it just happens.  The first 2 months of this, I dropped 43 pounds.  It almost flew off me.

I'm down to 232 pounds now (35.3 BMI).  I'm still losing, but I have slowed down from the beginning.
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:33:26 PM »

I don't have the link, but there is another thread going on right now about this.

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
SheilaW

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:09:37 PM »

:oops; sorry!  didn't see that one....  :)
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:53:09 AM »

I think this is the one she is referring to... http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=5493.0

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »