I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 10, 2024, 04:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Update on Timing Problem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on Timing Problem  (Read 1692 times)
sueg

« on: November 19, 2007, 05:46:49 AM »

I am SO anxious to read some of these threads....they look wonderful....but want to address a couple of questions to me in the Introduction thread.     (1)  Katrina did not affect my part of the state too much (New Orleans is 300 miles from me), with the exception of quite a few evacuees relocating here permanently....at least not as many as Baton Rouge, LA or Houston, TX.    An old, empty Wal-Mart building about 2 miles from my house did serve as a center for about 1,000 folks for a few months and the outpouring of help for those poor victims was heart warming.   (2)  I usually call the dialysis center every treatment day, and they have called me, to ask when a chair will be ready, but it has not seemed to make much difference in having to wait, and I cannot understand that?   

But, the last 2 treatment days have been wonderful.   In fact, I did not even have to wait in the lobby and just went right in to treatment immediately,  SOOO maybe things are getting better.    The 1st 3 months were like that, but Jan. 1st, they changed to a new type of scheduling and that is when things got really bad.  I'm guessing that they probably got an "Efficiency Expert" to come in and study their scheduling procedure and decided that it was too good and needed to be changed.    Just kidding and being sarcastic. 

Did I answer everyone's questions?     If not, please ask again on this thread because my memory is not so good anymore,  in fact it seems to be approximately 5 seconds, MAX, these days. :banghead;

LoveAllYa, Sue, the sniz

P.S.  Modified because I forgot to "Spell Check".    I TOLD y'all my memory is almost kaput....LOL

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:50:03 AM by sueg » Logged
silverhead

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:38:52 AM »

I'm sure someone from the government was there to help with that, You know the old saying - "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help" Yeah sure..........In your area that would probably be FEMA
Tom

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
kellyt
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »

I'm glad things seem to be getting better.  I have not yet started dialysis.  My neph.  thinks it will be about a year away, but we're hoping to have a living donor before that.  I found this site a few months ago and it was a gift!  I have learned so much I can't even begin to tell you.  No question is too dumb!

Good luck to you and keep checking in.  You will find this site very helpful and at times comforting!!!   :thumbup;

Talk to you later!

Kelly ~*

1993 diagnosed with glomerulonephritis.
Oct 41, 2007 - Got fistula placed.
Feb 13, 2008 - Activated on "the list".
Nov 5, 2008 - Received living donor transplant from my sister-in-law, Etta.
Nov 5, 2011 - THREE YEARS POST TRANSPLANT!  :D
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 01:45:10 PM »

Actually, Katrina could be having more of an impact than you think. Some of those evacuees that moved to your location could be on dialysis. That could be what's causing the back up at yur center.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »