I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  What we see and hear.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What we see and hear.  (Read 14306 times)
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »

:rofl; Your killin me Smalls  :rofl;  (KR Cincy) ;)

Love that movie...  8)

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Stacy Without An E

God's Action Figure

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 03:55:16 PM »

You guys are killing me.  Ever since Dialysis started I have a hard time meeting women because I always feel like I'll be rejected because of my condition.  You'd think that would be a non-issue here.

Your guys are right, I need to grow a couple and talk to her.

I'll keep you updated...or I won't depending on what happens :)

Stacy Without An E

1st Kidney Transplant: May 1983
2nd Kidney Transplant: January 1996
3rd Kidney Transplant: Any day now.

The Adventures of Stacy Without An E
stacywithoutane.blogspot.com

Dialysis.  Two needles.  One machine.  No compassion.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »

Getter done!
KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2007, 05:26:42 PM »

Here you go...

"I can late...can u late??"

Or go for the more earnest approach...

"when we're off the machines, can I take you out for a...ummm...some white toast and 1/2 a glass of water??"

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2007, 05:50:17 PM »

:rofl; Keep 'em coming KR Cincy  :rofl;  can u late?  lmffao  :rofl;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 09:33:48 PM »

How about "Stick around."

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 04:53:48 AM »

Ummm...I think we need to get back on topic here.  :)
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 06:09:55 PM »

Just recently this beautiful young woman starting sitting next to me in the center.  Short blonde hair (I love short-hiared women), pouty lips, amazing skin and she always wears these really tight jeans.  The entire time she doesn't notice my subtle stares because she has her nose buried in a laptop. 

I'd thank her for her presence, but that would be rude.  And kinda creepy.

And yes, women are my Kryptonite.  I hope I'm never cured.

Wouldn't it be cool if she was one of your biggest radio fans?  You should subtly let her know about that sometime, then invite her for a tour of the studio.  :thumbup;
SheilaW

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 06:47:36 PM »

When I first started at my center, there was this lady there I'll call Jill.  She sat across from me.  This woman couldn't have been 100 lbs soaking wet.  She was what I thought to be 80 or older, but I learned later she was in her early 60's.  Jill was constantly looking to get a nurse's attention.  She'd have them fetch this that and the other.  She'd kink her arm so her alarm went off.  Just anything to get them to pay her some attention.  Every day she'd order a pizza from a different place.  But she'd have one of the nurses make the call for her.  Then 10 minutes after the call, she'd demand to know where her pizza was.  And she'd keep that up every few minutes until it got there.  It never got there in over 30 minutes, but she claimed it took too long and she'd NEVER tip the delivery person.  One day Jill was having some bowel issues.  She got hooked up, and half an hour later she called the nurse over and told her that she's messed herself.  The nurse said that she'd rinse  her back and let her go clean up.  But that would extend her dialysis time.  Jill thought about it for a minute and said no, that she'd just sit there.  So she did.  She wanted no more help than a towel put under her.  So the nurse did that, and she sat there.  It smelled sooooooo bad that day.  Fortunately I was almost done when that happened.  The guy who sat in the chair next to her made the nurse take him off early that day.  About a month after that incident, her chair was empty.  She was in the hospital the week before, so I thought nothing of it.  The next time I came in, the nurse told me she had died. 

There is another guy who now sits in that chair.  I'll call him Bill.  He started about a week after Jill had passed.  He's a really big, really nice guy.  On his second treatment, the nurse walked over to him and talked to him and checked his machine.  He was fine.  She walked away, and went back a minute later to grab his clip board.  His eyes were closed.  She asked him if he felt fine, because his BP had just got done going and his numbers were low...it set off the alarm.  He didn't respond.  She called him again.  He didn't respond.  He literally passed out within that short time.  She had a really hard time rousing him.  Then when she did rouse him, he had no memory of passing out.  He told her he remembers talking to her, then she walked away.  That one really scared me.

A few weeks ago there was a temporary patient visiting the area.  He was a really tall, really good looking cowboy in really tight Wrangler Jeans.  I really miss him.   :lol;
livecam
Elite Member

World's Best Beach..Lanikai..Oahu, Hawaii

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 11:00:42 PM »

I'm sorry about what happened to Jill but for god's sake shouldn't the unit have put her in a corner on the far end or something?  That is just plain disgusting and other patients shouldn't have to endure it.  The whining about the pizzas must have gotten really old for you as well.  It sounds like things have calmed in the unit and thats a good thing.
Jamesw

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 12:25:57 AM »

Let's all help out with some great opening lines....here we go:

3. he he he...doesn't fistula sound dirty?

I found out the hard way, don't look up the word fistula on google especially not in the images section. Vascular Access fistula is much safer.

The worst I've had is this guy who would talk on the phone through his entire run lucky me we started at the same time, it's not just that he talked loud, he sounded exactly like Gomer Pile and he was loud. That was on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday rotation, after a couple weeks I was switched to Monday, Wednesday, Friday so I didn't have to here him anymore I was witched because it was more convenient for my job.
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »

I found out the hard way, don't look up the word fistula on google especially not in the images section. Vascular Access fistula is much safer.

Ewwww.....I wish I hadn't looked!  :P

Now you know everyone's going to go check it out since you said something.

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Adam_W
Elite Member

Me with Baron von Fresenius

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »

Ewwww.....I wish I hadn't looked!  :P

Now you know everyone's going to go check it out since you said something.
I'm not. The "Ewwww" gave me enough of an idea what it is  :lol;

-Diagnosed with ESRD (born with one kidney, hypertension killed it) Jan 21st, 2007
-Started dialysis four days later in hospital (Baxter 1550-I think, then Gambro Phoenix)
-Started in-centre dialysis Feb 6th 2007 (Fres. 2008H)
-Started home hemo June 5th 2007 (NxStage/Pureflow)
-PD catheter placed June 6th 2008 (Bye bye NxStage, at least for now)
-Started CAPD July 4th, 2008
-PD catheter removed Dec 2, 2008-PD just wouldn't work, so I'm back on NxStage
-Kidney function improved enough to go off dialysis, Feb. 2011!!!!!
-Back on dialysis (still NxStage) July 2011 :(
-In-centre self-care dialysis March 2012 (Fresenius 2008K)
-Not on transplant list yet.

"Don't live for dialysis, use dialysis to LIVE"
Jamesw

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 04:42:50 PM »

I can be kind of evil sometimes.  >:D
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »