I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 11:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Spouses and Caregivers
| | |-+  VITS END
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VITS END  (Read 22964 times)
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »

YAY!!!!!   :clap;  I am so glad he's home, Kathy!!! That has to be such a relief!!! Now, we just need to KEEP him home...no more emergencies!!!! :grouphug;
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2007, 02:59:27 PM »

:bandance; :bandance; That is awesome news Kathy, so glad he is home  :2thumbsup;  I hope and pray that he can start feeling brand new soon  :2thumbsup;  Please keep us posted on his progress, Good Luck and GODSPEED   :cuddle;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2007, 04:37:06 PM »

Glad Len is home, maybe you can soon get some rest  :thumbup;

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2007, 11:23:44 PM »

HE'S HOME AGAIN,  :bandance;

I brought Len home this afternoon. The put him on a pretty restricted diet for the next couple of weeks. I can deal with that, I think. ...
Kathy
willieandwinnie

You need to start calling him "yo yo" cause his string is caught in the ER door.  ;D   Glad he is home again.   Maybe both of you can get some rest now and spend some time hugging those Yorkies.  :2thumbsup;

I can't imagine how hard it is to be on a dialysis diet and then add a more restrictive one.  :o  Can he have anything "fattening" so he can try to gain some weight back?

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2007, 03:55:33 AM »

Hi,

So very happy to read he is home.  Am praying that
all will be smooth sailing for both of you now!

Anne
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2007, 06:31:01 AM »

I'm so happy to hear len is home! Hope all goes well from here.

Amanda
xxxoo
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »

Hi Everyone

I have wanted to update but I get on IHD and read new posts and time gets away from me.

I took Len back to transplant hospital last Tuesday for blood work. The next day the coordinator called and said they were putting Len on 5mg predisone a day. I went and got prescription filled and he took one. The next day she called and said the doctor didn't want him taking it. WTF is that about? I get alittle pissed that you don't see a doctor, only the nurses, doctors only get involved if things start going south. I have to take him again this Tuesday for more labs. His creatinine was 0.06 and his BUN was 13, his protein, magnesium and potassium were also low and they tried to tell me it could be fixed with diet.  :banghead; They can't even remember that he is on a special diet. The nurse was concerned because of all his stomach and intestinal problems that he is dehydrated. He won't drink much because of the 2 hour trip. I packed a cooler last week so we didn't have to stop (not that I can since he is on such a restricted diet), but it work out well for him. He is only taking 1mg of Prograf 2 times a day and the doctor said he's levels are fine. He has been trying to get out and walk around the neighborhood but the weather is starting to turn colder and that won't be possible shortly. When Len was on dialysis he would sleep until 9:30 or 10 everyday. This past week, he has been up before 8. He is still getting really tired and he says his muscles hurt. He weighed 129 this morning, so he is slowly gaining some weight back. We also see GI doctor on Tuesday and I'm hoping he tell me to add some different foods back in. We'll see.

Let me tell you about this horrible diet that he is on. It's low residue, low fiber. I have to grind the chicken or turkey up. He can have fish as long as I don't spice it up much. He has to have white bread, which he can't stand. He can only have string beans, carrots or asparagus tips, only white rice and if a package says it has more then 2 grams of fiber, he can't have it. No fruits with seeds or skin. This is driving me nuts. Next time you go to the grocery store, take a close look at the labels, it is terrible. I keep telling myself and Len that he only had his transplant 10 weeks ago and he had other problems on top of that. I'm hoping by Christmas maybe things will get better.

I just love coming here and reading everyone's stories and the advise given. You guys just don't even know how much I have depended on you this last couple of months. You are my family.

Kathy
willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2007, 03:24:23 PM »

You are my family.

And you are ours  :grouphug;  Although i know it is hard, hang in there my friend, i hope Len gets better soon (and you get some rest too) ;)   Remember, we are always here for you  :waving;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »

Kathy,
Thanks for the update - I am happy to hear Len is pretty stable compared to how it was going a few weeks ago!
I think about you two all the time - he's so lucky to have you - and so are we!
 :cuddle;

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2007, 03:46:10 PM »

Man, you have had such a rough time of it. I sure hope the GI can give you ideas for more food for Les's diet! I'm glad you're coming in here and letting us know how he is, and how YOU are. :grouphug;
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2007, 04:25:36 PM »

:grouphug;  Geez... The diet issues are meant to end with a transplant. It must be very frustrating for both of you.

It sounds like Len is doing well so you must be doing something right!   :cuddle;

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
2_DallasCowboys

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »

Hi,

Cannot imagine how frustrated you both must be with this whole new
diet issure, and I do hope it will be very temporary.   Will say some
prayers for all of you, including your precious doggies, that all of this
will be resolved very very soon and your Len will be feeling 100%
better, and gaining some wt back.

Anne and Les :waving; :waving;
skyedogrocks

Rob showing off his pot of gold!

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2007, 05:14:38 AM »

Hi Kathy - Ugh, about the diet situation.  Len is so lucky to have you!!!  Hopefully when things go back to being somewhat normal, you can go and spend a day at the spa and pamper yourself.  You need and deserve it!

Take care!  :cuddle;

Wife to Rob who is currently doing Nx Stage Home Hemo Dialysis.

11/17/09 After 4 years on dialysis, Rob received a kidney from our George.  Kidney is working great!  YEAH!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »