I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:27:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  First meltdown
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First meltdown  (Read 3324 times)
Sara
Elite Member

« on: February 22, 2006, 07:45:26 AM »

The first one in front of me anyway.  The other night I think Joe was in a bad mood from work and having to go to dialysis plus 2 doctor appointments afterwards.  Then he comes home and I had fixed chicken with rice and green beans.  Well, I had worked a 12 hour shift and so was less than creative with dinner - I admit it could have been better.  I used chicken breast so of course it was dry, but he chewed one piece and blew up.  The chicken is dry, the whole dinner is "f'ing tasteless" the puppy crapped on the floor, I wasn't in the mood to be "romantic" etc etc etc.  I felt so bad, and so helpless.  Yesterday he tells me he was just feeling really depressed and he can understand why his friend's father who was on dialysis committed suicide.  He says he wouldn't do it himself, but it still worries me. 

I just had to get that out.  Thanks for reading.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
susie q

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »

Joe is so lucky to have you Sara... and I am sure he realizes that also..
Being on dialysis can be very frustrating, even for the mild tempered, and sometimes you lash out at the person closest to you, usually the one that loves you the most.. must be pretty hard to take but try to understand it is not you,  crap happens...
Take care.. Sue  :)
kevno

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 02:35:24 PM »

Don't worry Sara, we all lose it at times. even me. I had a shouting match over, who had eaten my choc bar, which I was going to eat on dialysis.  I felt really bad afterwards.  But it happens to all of us, if it did not, we would not be human!

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
geoffcamp

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:37:21 PM »

Sara,

Sorry it took so long to reply but my schedulle has been crazy.. Like Joe's.  I want to and do have meltdowns all the time, he is just kucky he has you around to vent to, and that is what he is doing it is nothing personal against you, you have to remember that.  I am sure he has some idea of how difficult is is on you too but kinda like loosing a child one really never knows unless it happens to you.  I hope you can understand like it sounds like you do and comfort him the best way you can by supporting him and just listening and being there for him.  Joe is a lucky man and it would not hurt to remind him of that from time to time when the time is right (everyone is in a good mood!)   Good kuck keep your chin up and move on the best you can and by the way stop making that damned dry chicken!!! LOL

Geoffrey Campbell
Diagnosed with ESRD at 26
Transplanted in 1999 rejected 2001
In center hemodialysis since late 2001 3X a week 4 hours late evening 3rd shift
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 01:16:27 AM »

Heck, I had meltdowns over who drank my last Diet Coke that I wanted to drink. I yelled over nothing and everything.  Things have cooled down as I mellowed into the illness, or the illness mellowed me out.  Just love the family member.  Yell back if you need to. Be normal

Katherine

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Panda_9

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 03:10:41 AM »

I see no excuse for yelling at you about the dinner. You have gone to the trouble to make it, so he should appreciate it whatever it is! I understand he is probly not well, but he should be greatful to have you. If people dont like my cooking, I am more than happy to tell them to go make their own. Dont take anyones crap!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »