I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 09:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  New Member, I think
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member, I think  (Read 7534 times)
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 01:47:27 AM »

Welcome Deb, good to have you aboard.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

:welcomesign; :grouphug;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
Neo

Dont let dialysis stop you...

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 08:30:25 AM »

I am her son you all know me!! AND I DID NOT WANT HER TO POST ALL THAT ABOUT ME ON HERE!!! I dont like everything being spilled if you all know what I mean...
paddbear0000
Elite Member

Dogs & IHDer's are always glad to see you!

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 08:56:15 AM »

I am her son you all know me!! AND I DID NOT WANT HER TO POST ALL THAT ABOUT ME ON HERE!!! I dont like everything being spilled if you all know what I mean...

We never would have known if you hadn't told us that! Don't worry, it wasn't bad (at least I don't think so). It just makes us appreciate what you've been through even more. I hope things are going well for you, despite your mother's torture!  ;)   :grouphug;

I HAVE DESIGNED CKD RELATED PRODUCTS FOR SALE TO BENEFIT THE NKF'S 2009 DAYTON KIDNEY WALK (I'M A TEAM CAPTAIN)! CHECK IT OUT @ www.cafepress.com/RetroDogDesigns!!

...or sponsor me at http://walk.kidney.org/goto/janetschnittger
Twitter.com/NKFKidneyWalker
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659267443&ref=nf 
www.caringbridge.org/visit/janetschnittger

Diagnosed type 1 diabetic at age 6, CKD (stage 3) diagnosed at 28 after hospital error a year before, started dialysis February '09. Listed for kidney/pancreas transplant at Ohio State & Univ. of Cincinnati.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 10:44:59 AM »

Neo,  your mom loves you and she is concerned, she just wants answers just as you do, i think it is awesome that she has come here, please give her a big hug for me  :cuddle;  She is Ace in my books  :2thumbsup;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 11:36:12 AM »

Welcome, Deb :welcomesign; :welcomesign;  And Neo, That's what Moms do!! They embarass the heck out of their kids, because they love them so darn much.  :yahoo; :yahoo; (And anything for payback!!!! hehe).  :rofl;

Seriously. That's why we are here. To support each other.  Both of you need support independent of each other, as much as you two support each other. Did that make sense? Deb needs to know that she's doing all she can, and that she can vent. Neo needs to know that he can vent, and can get answers here, as well as just talk, with others just like him.
George Jung

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 11:57:05 AM »

I don't think it is funnay at all.  I would be highly pissed off if my privacy were invaded this way.  In fact....... in a way I AM pissed off.

When I asked who's son might it be and got no reply I thought something wrong was going on.
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »

George?  why should YOU be pissed off, this has nothing to do with you, this is Neo and his mom's ordeal, I am sorry if you feel the way you feel but in all honesty i think it is senseless for you to get angry over something you have no control over.   :twocents;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Loretta

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2007, 07:52:36 PM »

:welcomesign;

It is interesting to me that many others had trouble getting this diagnosis.  I got some kind of lung infection as my kidneys failed and was treated for the lung infection until I was on 24 hour oxygen, still trying to work, and coughing up blood when the doctor finally did blood tests to diagnose what was wrong.  He then sat on the results for two weeks.   

It is a scary time for all involved.  How is he doing now?

Best wishes,
Loretta
JBLadyB

AV Fistula, Right Arm, October 04, 2007

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »

To Neo, I can understand how you feel, funny thing I can also understand your mom.  I had a son on dialysisi, now it is my turn.  The emotions on both sides of the dialysis fence are difficult to get through.  You both have each other and that is the important.  I would give anything for my son to blast back at me, and trust me we had some good ones.  Treasure what you have

Mel
keefer51

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2007, 05:02:54 AM »

:welcomesign;

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2007, 05:41:44 AM »

Welcome to IHD.

It's great to have you here. I hope in time you and your son can travel this journey together and be a team. This is a great place to come when you need to Rant or find information. Feel free to post as often as you need to.

Sluff/ Admin
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »

Welcome Deb and Son to IHD.  Your story makes me furious at the medical staff for not getting him on dialysis sooner.  He didn't have to get that sick.  I was sick like that and they kept treating me for an ear infection.  So it brought back the feelings of "YOU DUMB ASS it is kidney failure not a stupid ear infection" and wanting them to pull his medical license!

Lori1851

This is me Lori , Dustin's mom

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 02:11:08 PM »

:welcomesign; HI Deb,
You and I have alot in common girl!!! My son is 22 and on hemodialysis. Has been since the beginning of this year. You can read his story on www.caringbridge.com type in dustincowen just like I typed. My son is awaiting a transplant. Email me anytime.
Lori mom to Dustin 22 with FSGS/dialysis
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »