I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Pre-Dialysis
| | |-+  eating the week before surgery/dialysis begining
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: eating the week before surgery/dialysis begining  (Read 3195 times)
glitter
Elite Member

« on: April 04, 2006, 05:02:16 PM »

Hi-I have read a lot of the posts here,most all of them,and have learned a lot,Ty for them.
   If you read my introduction,you know my husband has RCC (cancer)and will be losing his kidney on a specific
date,in a few weeks. He will not have any kidneys at all,and will start dialysis before he come home from the hospital (I think)
My question is-if he eats anything he wants for the three weeks leading up to surgery,can he be left with too many bad things in his blood in the beginning,and start off dialysis badly because he didn't cut back on fats and sweets and stuff?
   We are meeting the people who do dialysis in two days,Thursday,so for now all i know is what i can find on the computer,this site has been great.

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:36:21 PM »

They are removing his kidney because of Cancer, so his kidney function is currently good.  I'd say "Pig Out" while he has the chance because after dialysis starts you have to be more careful.   :D

Panda_9

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 02:51:04 AM »

If you havent been otherwise advised.......eat up!!!! Eat all your favourite fruits and veges, chocolate, coffee, and all those things you have to restrict on dialysis.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »