I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 02:16:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  YUP . . . ANOTHER NEWBIE
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: YUP . . . ANOTHER NEWBIE  (Read 7857 times)
MyRenalRomance

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 12:46:30 PM »

:grouphug;  Thank you to EVERYONE for the warm welcome.  I think I'm going to love it here!   :grouphug;

Kidneys damaged by hypertension/scleroderma 1987
In-center Hemodialysis:  May 2007 - October 2007
Switched to Manual PD October '07 - January '08
Switched to PD Nighttime Cycler January '08
Kidney transplant from living related donor June 2008
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 02:06:07 PM »

My daughter introduced me to My Chemical Romance, and I introduced her to The Clash! I read your About me post!
 :welcomesign;

My daughter introduced me to MCR, too back when the Helena video was first out.  I LOVE the Clash.  They're one of my favorite bands along with: (MCR)

AFI
The Cure
The Clash
Linkin Park
Lostprophets
Kill Hannah
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins
I could keep on going, but you get the gist . . . !

My daughter makes me Mixes to listen to when I go for check ups 2 hours away!
We listen to alot of the same stuff!
MyRenalRomance

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 11:58:28 PM »

I like your name too. I think we are all smart enough to know you are not the dating site  :lol;. I am going to be going on PD too. I am sorry about your veins, maybe PD will work a lot better for you. You will learn a lot here. Welcome to the club!!! :welcomesign; :welcomesign;

Lulu

Hi Lulu,
When are you going on PD?  Have you had your catheter inserted, yet? Were you previously on hemodialysis?  Sorry for all the questions.  I see my new surgeon in 4 days to discuss the PD catheter procedure. 
Thanks for the welcome!  :thx;
Charlene

poohkari

Wade and I.

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 09:21:51 PM »

My daughter introduced me to My Chemical Romance, and I introduced her to The Clash! I read your About me post!

My daughter introduced me to MCR, too back when the Helena video was first out.  I LOVE the Clash.  They're one of my favorite bands along with: (MCR)

AFI
The Cure
The Clash
Linkin Park
Lostprophets
Kill Hannah
Foo Fighters
Smashing Pumpkins
I could keep on going, but you get the gist . . . !

What about the Misfits? I cant seem to get into MCR - partly because I used to roll in the same circle of friends as them when I lived in NYC, and also becuase I think, and always have thought, they were a misfits rip-off. I do like Alkaline Trio too - do you? You might want to check them out, they're less flamboyant and more punk, but they're into that whole darkrock/post emo stuff.

Girlfriend of Wade, on dialysis since 5/11/07 and NxStage since 8/20/07. We're hoping for a transplant as soon as his "FGP" is gone!
MyRenalRomance

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 11:44:02 PM »

What about the Misfits? I cant seem to get into MCR - partly because I used to roll in the same circle of friends as them when I lived in NYC, and also becuase I think, and always have thought, they were a misfits rip-off. I do like Alkaline Trio too - do you? You might want to check them out, they're less flamboyant and more punk, but they're into that whole darkrock/post emo stuff.

I like the Misfits, but haven't listened to them for quite a while.  I have a couple of their cds.  I admit I don't know much about the Misfits - only that MCR was quoted as being influenced by them, and enjoyed their music. 
I really like Alkaline Trio, alot!  Crimson is one of my favorite cds of their's.  As for Alkaline Trio, I only know that MCR had toured with them.  Got any cd suggestions for me, as I only have 1 Alkaline Trio cd?

You used to roll in the same circle of friends as MCR when you lived in NYC?  That's cool!

What other bands do you listen to?  Seen any good shows lately?
I love talking about music, concerts, and NHL/SJ Sharks games.  Like hockey, by any chance?

Nice meeting you!  :waving;

EDITED: Fixed quote tag error - Sluff/ Admin

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 07:32:23 AM by Sluff » Logged

KR Cincy

Home hemodialysis since May 07

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 06:02:00 AM »

Great intro! Welcome to IHD from one 46 year old to another!!

Not giving up...thanks to Susan.
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 06:17:41 AM »

poohkari

Wade and I.

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 06:51:42 AM »

I like the Misfits, but haven't listened to them for quite a while.  I have a couple of their cds.  I admit I don't know much about the Misfits - only that MCR was quoted as being influenced by them, and enjoyed their music. 
I really like Alkaline Trio, alot!  Crimson is one of my favorite cds of their's.  As for Alkaline Trio, I only know that MCR had toured with them.  Got any cd suggestions for me, as I only have 1 Alkaline Trio cd?

You used to roll in the same circle of friends as MCR when you lived in NYC?  That's cool!

What other bands do you listen to?  Seen any good shows lately?
I love talking about music, concerts, and NHL/SJ Sharks games.  Like hockey, by any chance?

Nice meeting you!  :waving;

Yeah, I used to roll with the Jersey kids up there...In fact, Alex "Eyeball", who signed them to their first record deal, is one of my good friends. I never got into the MCR thing - they were a little too bratty and unoriginal for me. Obviously, the people buying their albums dont think that way! As for Alkaline Trio albums - Crimson is a newer album. I prefer the older stuff. You might want to check out the self-titled album, or "maybe i'll catch fire" - = both are amazing.

I havent been to any shows for some time. Dealing with Wade being sick has been rough. I think the last show I was at was the Inquisition reunion show back in May or June here in Richmond. I will, however, be going to see Lucero and then Avail a few days later. Pretty excited about that!

Me? Hockey? I'm sorry. I can watch it, but I cant talk it!

Girlfriend of Wade, on dialysis since 5/11/07 and NxStage since 8/20/07. We're hoping for a transplant as soon as his "FGP" is gone!
MyRenalRomance

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 11:34:49 AM »

Posted by: ssticker

Yeah, I used to roll with the Jersey kids up there...In fact, Alex "Eyeball", who signed them to their first record deal, is one of my good friends. I never got into the MCR thing - they were a little too bratty and unoriginal for me. Obviously, the people buying their albums dont think that way! As for Alkaline Trio albums - Crimson is a newer album. I prefer the older stuff. You might want to check out the self-titled album, or "maybe i'll catch fire" - = both are amazing.

I havent been to any shows for some time. Dealing with Wade being sick has been rough. I think the last show I was at was the Inquisition reunion show back in May or June here in Richmond. I will, however, be going to see Lucero and then Avail a few days later. Pretty excited about that!

Me? Hockey? I'm sorry. I can watch it, but I cant talk it!

So, you knew the Jersey kids back in/before the "I Brought You My Bullets You Brought Me Your Love" days (love that cd).  That's a long time ago (kinda) yeah, I can imagine they were bratty back then!
Thanks for the Alkaline Trio suggestions.  I'll look into those.  My itunes is giving me problems this am.  I think it wants me to upgrade to the newer version, but I'm happy with my current version!

Nah - I can't talk hockey much, either.  I just love watching our Sharks play!  On tv and at the HP Pavillion.  I can only talk about the Sharks.  We SJ Sharks fans are obssessed!

I'm sorry to hear about Wade.  I don't know much about him, or his situation.  Guess I need to do a search on this site.  Or . . . I'm a good listener! (hint hint)

Take care - and hope to chat, again, soon!

EDITED: Fixed quote tags - okarol/moderator
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:44:57 PM by okarol » Logged

Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 07:34:20 AM »

Lets keep this section for Introductions only. You are more than welcome to start a new thread or find an existing thread on music.

Thanks

Sluff/ Admin
MyRenalRomance

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »

Lets keep this section for Introductions only. You are more than welcome to start a new thread or find an existing thread on music.

Thanks

Sluff/ Admin

My apologies, Sluff.  I'm still getting acquainted on to how to use this board.
I guess I get confused when replying to someone's reply to my introduction, and I want to comment them back with info they give me about themselves.  So, I would start a new thread? 
Just a question? How would that person know I was replying to them, specifically.  (and I apologize, AGAIN, that this is off-topic for this section).  But your answer ought to clear things up for me.
Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »