I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2024, 01:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Introduction
| |-+  Introduce Yourself
| | |-+  joe kidney and liver
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: joe kidney and liver  (Read 2895 times)
joetk

« on: September 13, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »

HI
     MY NAME IS JOE AND I WAS NEVER SICK UNTIL 1984 AND HAVEN'T BEEN WELL SINCE. I HAD A PITUITARY TUMOR REMOVED AND STANFORD USED DONOR BONE TO HELP CLOSE MY SINUS. YEP! HEP C ONLY I ALSO HAD A ALPHA 1 ANTITRIPSEN DIFFENCICY (?) SO BY 1991 I HAD A YEAR OR LESS LEFT. HAD A LIVER TRANSPLANT IN NOV 1991 AND IT WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL. NOW IT HAS BEEN 16 YEARS AND FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING WORSENING KIDNEY NUMBERS A MONTH AGO I THOUGHT I HAD A TOUCH OF THE FLU WENT TO THE LOCAL REGIONAL HOSP (I LIVE IN A REMOTE AREA). BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A KIDNEY DOCTOR IN OUR AREA THEY JUST PUT ME IN INTENSIVE CARE FOR TWO DAYS AND SENT ME HOME. MY WIFE (BLESS HERE) GOT ON THE PHONE TO A LARGE HOSPITEL IN THE CLOSESET LARGE CITY AND INSISTED ON GETTING THRU TO A NEPHROLIGIST AND WHEN SHE TOLD HIM MY CREATNINE WAS 5.6 HE TOLD HER TO START THAT WAY AND HE WOULD HAVE A BED READY. I KIND OF CAME BACK AWARE OF THINGS A WEEK LATER WITH A PIC LINE AND A INCISION FROM MY ARM PIT TO MY ELBOW AND A FISTULA THAT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME BECAUSE I HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS. ANY WAY I AM KIND OF PISSED ABOUT IT ALL. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED.
THERE! THAT FEELS BETTER
THANKS
JOETK
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »

:waving; Hi Joe,

Wow you've had quite a time - sorry to hear it - but happy you found this site. There's lots of support here - a nice community - hope to hear more from you.  :welcomesign;

okarol/moderator

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:39:03 PM »

:welcomesign; Joe.

Life has definitely handed you a box of chocolates that sucked... but you can always refill it with some better one's... life is what you make it... your outlook can make it better or worse when going through these terrible rough times... things will get better when everything is settled down and regulating a little bit more.. :)

I look forward to getting to know you and learning from your experiences. :)

~ Angela

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Joe Paul
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »

Welcome Joe, good to have you aboard.

"The history of discovery is completed by those who don't follow rules"
Angels are with us, but don't take GOD for granted
Transplant Jan. 8, 2010
st789

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:27:15 PM »

In some ways we all share your view on being sick for so many years.  On the bright side, you have the support and caring wife. :welcomesign;
Wattle
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 12:06:02 AM »

:waving;  Welcome

PKD
June 2005 Commenced PD Dialysis
July 13th 2009 Cadaveric 5/6 Antigen Match Transplant from my Special Angel
Redbomb

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:56 AM »

:welcomesign;
Glad you found this site!  I'm new to Dialysis myself (3 weeks now) and have found the people here to be a fountain of information when it comes to any questions that I have.

Look forward to hearing more from you in the future!
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 01:47:45 AM »

Welcome to our community!  You will find that this is one of the best moves you have made in facing your renal challenge.  There is a wealth of information here (from people who have really experienced it all), there is support, a place to vent when you need to (you already did a bit of that!), a place for fun. and a new family!  Yes this site has become a family in terms of caring and sharing.  There is even a section for loved ones and caregivers so your wife can join in as well.  Please don't just read, you need to post so we can know what is going on with you.  Not nosy, just family. So please take advantage of all this community has to offer. :grouphug;

Bajanne, Moderator

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 04:41:31 AM »

Welcome to ihatedialysis.com,

You have been through a lot with the Hep C and liver problems and now kidneys. Rant all you want. I swear when somebody built some of us they must have used, used parts. I'm glad you found us, and I hope you learn a lot from others experiences and maybe you have a few experiences to share yourself. feel free to browse, read and post comments often.

Sluff/ Admin
Laurie

May 13, 2008

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 05:21:38 AM »

:welcomesign; Glad you found this site.

March 7, 2001 - Complications after C-section caused kidney failure
March 2001 - December 2001 - Hemo Dialysis
December 2001 - Kidney function improved dialysis no longer necessary
October 2006 - Kidney function started to decline
May 9, 2007 - Listed at Baylor Dallas and Fort Worth
October 12, 2007 - Started PD
May 13, 2008 - Kidney Transplant from a deceased donor
paris
Member for Life

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:01:40 AM »

:welcomesign; This is a safe place to rant and scream! It is also a good place to come for a laugh, a shoulder to cry on or to talk to someone you truly understands your pain. Glad you found us!

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 10:43:23 PM »

Welcome to the site! I hope you find answers here.

kitkatz,moderator

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 05:28:14 AM »

Hi Joe,
  :welcomesign; This is the place to rant and get all the answers you need.

Kathy
willieandwinnie

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
lola
Elite Member

I can fly!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 06:08:56 AM »

MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 06:20:33 AM »

Welcome, Joe!!! :welcomesign;  As everyone says, rant all you want!!! We are family here, we care about you and your wife! :waving;
TynyOne

This is how I feel on Friday nites during dialysis

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 05:19:20 PM »

Joe,     :welcomesign;

Aside from the Hep C, I too, can TOTALLY relate to your feelings of anger.  I have not even been diagnosed for a year yet as I got diagnosed in November 2006 and when I went to my appointment to the kidney doctor, I thought he was going to tell me, "go have more tests run, come back and see me" INSTEAD, he came in and told me as if he was talking about the weather.   "You have CHRONIC KIDNEY FAILURE, which means it cannot be reversed and that I would be on dialysis the rest of my life and for me to get to the hospital RIGHT THEN!  So, luckily I had a friend that happened to go to that appointment w/me and thank God she was because had I been by myself, I probably would have just went on home and never told anyone any wiser.   However, my nephro did also tell me, had I not come in to see him when I did, I only had a couple of months to live as my creatine level was 10 and only had 10% kidney function.  He said, I would eventually went to sleep and never woke up.  One more thing I will say that pisses me off too, is the fact that my family doctor had in my chart, that kidney failure was detected in March 2005!!!!! and I do not find out until Nov. 06????!!!!!!     What the hell?   On top of that, I also had my gallbladder removed (thinking that was what making me sick) and again my nephro told me I could have died through that surgery!   Yeah, I am a little pissed to say the least and yes, I am considering going to an attorney to see what I can do, if anything because they way those 2 doctors did me.  That was totally NOT RIGHT!   So, yes, I can relate to your anger but in a slight different way.   Yes, you have come to a great group of people that will be here for you, when you want to rant and rave, vent or just talk and share more of your experience.    I hope you will make lots of friends here because we can ALL relate to your emotions you are going through.   Again,  :welcomesign; aboard and do please keep in touch!

Tammy from Alabama     :bandance;
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »

:welcomesign;  Joe.  You are in a good place now.

You are not alone in being maltreated by the medical community and you will learn here how to lessen the chances of that happening to you again.

Welcome aboard.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
keefer51

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 05:10:22 AM »

i am a 51 year old male on dialysis for 3 years now. This is my second time. My brother donated a kidney to me about 13 years ago. I found this site on another site. I had to laugh when i saw what it was called. I hope to meet people from all over to talk about dialysis.
Lulu

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 02:51:43 PM »

Hi Joe - I completely relate to being tired of being sick and tired. Hang in there, everyone here makes a great big giant comfy shoulder for you to lean on. I am new here but my outlook is starting to transform. I am still scared, still sick, still tired...but with all my new IHD friends I feel like I can somehow find a way to handle things.  :welcomesign; to the club.
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 07:15:20 AM »

Not sure how I missed this one.  Better late than never.

Hello and  :welcomesign;  You have come to a wonderful site full of information and new found friends.

It's not easy being green.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »