I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 02:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Medication for sleep
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Medication for sleep  (Read 11713 times)
LightLizard

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2007, 09:36:29 AM »

well exCUUUUUUSSSe me!

i am simply talking about what i use for sleep medication. i didn't ask to be attacked for my choices, but if anyone thinks they can walk all over me they might be suprised to find themselves stumbling a bit.

seems like some people need something to wake up more than anything else.
George Jung

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2007, 10:17:47 AM »

I used several sleep aids, Ambien (several different doses), Lunesta, and another one or two I can't recall.  The Ambien in any dose worked best for me.  The Lunesta was the worst for me because of side effects (a very bad taste was the big one) and I chose not to keep with it in hopes that they would deteriorate.

I just read this entire thread and I have to say it was quite entertaining, ya know with the Bob Marley dieing of a drug overdose (?) and the discussion of drug use in general. 

Someone did mention exercise to help with sleep and I would have to say there is some weight to that, maybe not for everyone.  A big part of it is psychological in my opinion, if you believe, truly believe, that something will work then there is a better chance of success.  It should be mentioned that having a busy day and parking at the back of the parking-lot is not quite the same as exercise.  I am not an authority but I think a key componet to exercising is achieving an elevated heart rate and maintaining that rate for a minimum of 30 minutes in order for the exercise to be beneficial.  I have been running 3.5 miles just about every day for over a month now (above and beyond anything else I do) and it has done more for me that any one drug (legal or not) has ever done physically or mentally.

I am not about arguing anymore on this site, a nice discussion is fine but things seem to get out of controll and who really is benefiting from that.  I would like to comment that I did appreciate posts made by glitter and LL.  I hope everyone finds a solution to get a good nights rest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »