I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 03:35:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Transplant Discussion
| | |-+  More News On Len
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More News On Len  (Read 2628 times)
willieandwinnie
Elite Member

« on: September 12, 2007, 01:58:10 PM »

Hi Everybody,
Well, I don't know where to start. This has been just one hell of a roll a coaster ride for me. I got to the hospital and oh my God, the blood in his urine bag. That really upset me. Doctor came in and flushed the catheter and rearranged it, he didn't seem to concerned. They had taken all food away from him but ice chips, but at lunch they brought him jello, chicken broth, cranberry juice and ice tea. He did pretty good for not having anything for days again. They said they are going to give him scrambled eggs and coffee for breakfast. YEAH! He has passed more gas and he's bowels are making a bunch of noise, which is a good sign, still hasn't been able to POOP. they are giving him stool softeners but nothing else. He's breathing is something else again. He can't seem to go to long without the oxygen, so we might be coming home with that. He has a long history of lung problems so we aren't too surprised over this. The infectious disease doctor cam in and said they are going to continue antibiotics because the donor had some skin infection that they are guarding Len against. We got his medications to come home with and it's a huge box full. He didn't have prograft today because he's numbers were to high. I'm still learning about all of this. I had all the medications he was on being on dialysis, but I have to re-learn different stuff now. He is having a hard time with the drink, drink, drink, he hasn't been able to do that for 6 years and he is afraid it will make him bloat. This is going to take him a while to recover from. I can tell that he has already lost quite a bit of weight. I'm going to call him late tonight and see what the next step will be. Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes. Please keep them coming.

Take Care
Kathy

"I know there's nothing to it, but I want to know what it is there's nothing to"
Roxy

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 02:17:52 PM »

Kathy, I'm happy to hear that things are starting to look a little better. I know the drink drink drink is difficult. For me it was easier to start early and try to pace it out throughout the day, but regardless it look me a while to get use to it. Hopefully Len can come soon and get some real rest at home.  :grouphug;
MyssAnne
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »

Oh my! Mixed blessings! I'm glad Len is doing so well, but I sure hope he gets to feeling a lot better!! He will feel better when he gets home, too.  :grouphug; I know you will!
angela515
Elite Member

i am awesome.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:25:24 PM »

:grouphug;

Live Donor Transplant From My Mom 12/14/1999
Perfect Match (6 of 6) Cadaver Transplant On 1/14/2007
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:50:38 PM »

I'll keep the prayers going for you both. Hang in there things are looking fairly well considering all you've been through.  :grouphug;
thegrammalady
Elite Member

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »

praying that everything will go perfectly from here on out.

s
......................................................................................
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Meddle Not In The Affairs Of Dragons
For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Romona
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

The drinking is hard. Got to keep that kidney hydrated. I'll be praying for you both! :cuddle;
Black
Elite Member

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 06:26:46 PM »

Thanks for the update -- lots of "good news/bad news".   ;D  :(  Hope everything goes well and he gets to go home soon.  Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Lorelle

Husband Mike Diagnosed with PKD Fall of 2004
Fistula Surgery  1/06
Fistula Revision  11/06
Creatinine 6.9  1/07
Started diaysis 2/5/07 on NxStage
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »

Sending more prayers Lens way Kathy  :2thumbsup;  Hopefully once he starts being able to consume the large amounts of water  and eating solid foods, his bowels will start moving  :2thumbsup;   I am sure all of this is so overwhelming for you, thank you for taking the time to update us on how he is doing.  Looking forward to hearing more "good news" from you soon ;) ;)  :clap;   :grouphug;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Amanda From OZ
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 02:14:10 AM »

Just read about lens transplant. Thats fantastic news. I hope he is up and feeling better and brand new.

Amanda
xxoo
mmmmdeedee

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 09:33:20 PM »

Great news on the transplant! Yes, it's a little scary seeing that blood in the bag but I believe it's normal.

Yeah, the drinking is a little scary. Well,  the whole thing is scary. But hopefully soon you'll be able to look back at it and it will be a mere blip on your life's radar screen!

1st on dialysis: 1986
1st transplant: 1990
1st failure: 05/06
CCPD
2nd transplant 07/24/07
jbeany
Member for Life

Cattitude

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 11:41:52 AM »

hope things continue to improve!   :grouphug;

"Asbestos Gelos"  (As-bes-tos yay-lohs) Greek. Literally, "fireproof laughter".  A term used by Homer for invincible laughter in the face of death and mortality.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »