I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:22:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dialysis in Wheeling, WV
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis in Wheeling, WV  (Read 1867 times)
meadowlandsnj

« on: August 26, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »

In October (late in the month) I'll be moving to Moundsville, WV to be near my sister and family.  I will be going to the dialysis clinic in Wheeling, WV.  The director of the clinic is this man:
Derrick L. Latos, MD, MACP, has been appointed Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board and serves as Medical Director of Renal Solutions. Dr. Latos is a Clinical Professor of Medicine at the West Virginia University School of Medicine and Medical Director for Wheeling Renal Care, LLC. in Wheeling, W.V.  He is past president of the Forum of ESRD Networks and of the Renal Physicians Association.  He also serves on the Editorial Advisory Board of Nephrology News and Issues and on the Board of the National Kidney Foundation of Western Pennsylvania. 

“I am delighted to be involved in the strategic guidance of such an innovative company,” Dr. Latos stated. “The Renal Solutions team is extremely dedicated to innovations in treatment of renal failure toward the goal of improved quality of life for patients -- and has shown this determination through the development and continued improvement of excellent products and services.”

I wanted to find out all I can about this clinic--is there ANYONE here who goes there or who has heard of it??
I have the e-mail address of the woman who runs the clinic and i want to prepare a list of question I have such as what they supply, can I brink a snack, do they have an ice machine, ect.  Should I do this myself or let my social worker do this part?  I am kind of nervous about going but I see this as my future and a better life.  I may even get a part time job down there or be a volunteer at my neices school, she teaches special needs children.  I just want a new direction in my life, I'm stagnating here.

Thanks
 Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Ohio Buckeye
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:20:17 PM »

I'm about 2-1/4 hrs from Wheeling.  Maybe someday when I'm allowed to drive
again we can do a meet part way.  I have been to Wheeling before.  There is
a wonderful Park there called Oglebay.  It is very nice.  I also visited Wheeling Downs
with my sister-in-law and her husband.  If I'm in the area
again I'll let you know.  It sounds like it will be a great move for you and you
will be near family.  I'm glad you're making a move and looking forward to it.
Best wishes to you.

If I must do this to live, I must strive to live
while I am doing this.
meadowlandsnj

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »

I'm about 2-1/4 hrs from Wheeling.  Maybe someday when I'm allowed to drive
again we can do a meet part way.  I have been to Wheeling before.  There is
a wonderful Park there called Oglebay.  It is very nice.  I also visited Wheeling Downs
with my sister-in-law and her husband.  If I'm in the area
again I'll let you know.  It sounds like it will be a great move for you and you
will be near family.  I'm glad you're making a move and looking forward to it.
Best wishes to you.

That sounds great!  Thank you!  Oglebay is beautiful, they have a great zoo there also for the kids plus all the gardens and shows.  I love that area of the country since visiting my sister years ago.  Wheeling is a very nice town also, they have an amazing fish market there, Colemans where you can get the best fish sandwich you ever ate and I'm not a fish eater.   
Thanks again
Donna

Facebook: DonnaMarieMenard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »