I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Haemodialysis Sessions
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Haemodialysis Sessions  (Read 12448 times)
babi68

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2007, 04:51:58 AM »

well things have changed for me now. I now do 8 hours at least every second day.The first week home on nocturnal I did 48 hours and I felt fantastic. Got a little excited with fluid and overloaded, so I needed to do it.  Settled down a bit now, so every second day is enough. Liz :ausflag;
pdpatty

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »

3.5 hrs. mon,wed, fri.  Feeling great on this.
Some at center do 3 and a few do 4.
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2007, 04:25:44 PM »

I have changed centers as of yesterday. I am now with an FMC center on Hospitlaity Lane in San Bernardino.  They do NOT have cable TV. WAAAH! Oh well they do have a DVD player for movies to be played.  I am sitting by a friend of mine int he center so I am not too lonely now.  I needed to see doctors who were Kaiser related and let them know what is going on mor eoften. At RAI I saw my nephrologist every 6 to 12 months. Not good enough in my book.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »

I hope things keep going well for you at the new center Kit and you are able to see your neph a little more often than you were, that is just crazy, CRAZY I SAID  :urcrazy; :urcrazy;

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
tubes

Miss you so much Susie. Will always <3 you!

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

When i first started hemo 2 yrs ago i was running 31/2 hours. Then i was dropped to 3 hr 15 min, now ive been at 3 hrs for about a yr...give or take a few months.  I kinda want to go back to my 31/2 hours, my blood pressure has been out of control for about 5 months now.  Just cant get it down.  I usually put on about 1.5 kilos between treatments and thats over the weekends too.

We have this new girl now for the past 2 months.  She is only here for a yr, her hubby was transferred out to kansas for work from texas.  She is about 30 and is trying to get a transplant....which wont happen.  She calls in almost every monday and is always being taken off early.  I dont know what her deal is but she wont last long if she keeps this up.  Its sad seeing her do this.  But i guess back in texas she was doing home hemo and she is not use to in center hemo.  Still, its not an excuse, you need to do what you need to do.  So she dialyzes maybe 4  hours a week, maybe a little more depending if she comes in on monday.
Sad, very sad..........

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

1996 - started incenter hemo
a few months later, started PD
2005 - started incenter hemo
AGAIN
  - on transplant list as of August 7, 2009.
2011/June - 15 years on "D"
Transplant - Tuesday October 18th 2011
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2007, 06:01:57 PM »

When i first started hemo 2 yrs ago i was running 31/2 hours. Then i was dropped to 3 hr 15 min, now ive been at 3 hrs for about a yr...give or take a few months.  I kinda want to go back to my 31/2 hours, my blood pressure has been out of control for about 5 months now.  Just cant get it down.  I usually put on about 1.5 kilos between treatments and thats over the weekends too.

We have this new girl now for the past 2 months.  She is only here for a yr, her hubby was transferred out to kansas for work from texas.  She is about 30 and is trying to get a transplant....which wont happen.  She calls in almost every monday and is always being taken off early.  I dont know what her deal is but she wont last long if she keeps this up.  Its sad seeing her do this.  But i guess back in texas she was doing home hemo and she is not use to in center hemo.  Still, its not an excuse, you need to do what you need to do.  So she dialyzes maybe 4  hours a week, maybe a little more depending if she comes in on monday.
Sad, very sad..........

Robert, What BP meds are you on?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
tubes

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »

norvasc and atenalol (misspelled) Karol......

"To be happy is the choice I wish to make in spite of the circumstances that are strewn in my path."

AGAIN
okarol
Administrator
Member for Life

Photo is Jenna - after Disneyland - 1988

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2007, 04:43:43 PM »

Jenna is also on Norvasc. They had considered changing her to the ace inhibitor Zestril, but so far the Norvasc seems to be good with the new kidney.
What has your doctor said about the BP levels being so high.

NORVASCŪ (amlodipine besylate) helps control high blood pressure for a full 24 hours. And it can be used to treat the chest pain of angina. NORVASC works to relax your blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more easily through them. The end result is lower blood pressure and less angina.

Atenolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Atenolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.

Seems like a lot of meds?

Admin for IHateDialysis 2008 - 2014, retired.
Jenna is our daughter, bad bladder damaged her kidneys.
Was on in-center hemodialysis 2003-2007.
7 yr transplant lost due to rejection.
She did PD Sept. 2013 - July 2017
Found a swap living donor using social media, friends, family.
New kidney in a paired donation swap July 26, 2017.
Her story ---> https://www.facebook.com/WantedKidneyDonor
Please watch her video: http://youtu.be/D9ZuVJ_s80Y
Living Donors Rock! http://www.livingdonorsonline.org -
News video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-7KvgQDWpU
tubes

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2007, 08:27:49 PM »

Jenna is also on Norvasc. They had considered changing her to the ace inhibitor Zestril, but so far the Norvasc seems to be good with the new kidney.
What has your doctor said about the BP levels being so high.

NORVASCŪ (amlodipine besylate) helps control high blood pressure for a full 24 hours. And it can be used to treat the chest pain of angina. NORVASC works to relax your blood vessels, allowing blood to flow more easily through them. The end result is lower blood pressure and less angina.

Atenolol is in a group of drugs called beta-blockers. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Atenolol is used to treat angina (chest pain) and hypertension (high blood pressure). It is also used to treat or prevent heart attack.

Seems like a lot of meds?

Sorry Karol, it wasnt atenolol. I havent been on that in a long time. The other is enalapril, or something like that.  Noone has ever said anything about it, even though I mention it all the damn time.  It seems any prob I mention goes in one ear and out the other.  My neph has never said any thing either.  So I dont know. 
Thanks for the info.

RobertO

AGAIN
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »