I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  Somebody needs to hire a cleaning crew!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Somebody needs to hire a cleaning crew!  (Read 3960 times)
redheadedangel

Smiling for you!

« on: August 28, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »

[i]It looked to me like an old military sick ward...One you would see in an old World War 11 movie...Several elderly sitting stooped over their blankets, clinging to them as if they were a life support sustem. Not a smile or expression on a souls face. An old bullitan board told of old news ans apparently none had been updated in years as that which was there was brown and tattered. Ther would be no reason to read the postings as I am sure they are out of date I recall thinking...But why this stinch ...A smell of death...My thoughts were that this was suspose to be a very sterile technique... As I looked at the nasty floor I knew there had to be an ad in the newsparer desperately seeking a cleaning staff. Or in all rights City inspections missed this one!I sat there in a chair just as the others gripping my blanket..Silly me,dead Summer and a blanket. But I had been pre warned that the place gets extremely cold.Now I understood, it was to keep the germs at bay...yes, that is why it was cold...I held my blanket because it was the only clean object around me....I was in shock...Here I was...A place I was going to have to visit three times a week for the rest of my life.... And it was as nasty as a homeless shelter. In fact I am not sure many of those there for treatment were not from the homless shelter. Whoa now Miss Sassy...We all know the average man is only one pay check from bankrupcy any way..Good grief if you get sick and God forbid you don't have insurance then you better be either extremely wealthy or extremely indigent. But that has nothing to do with the fact that an organization can't clean their damned establishment...Especially if it is to be used as a life support clinic. People can't help it if they are poor... That's no reason to let them come into a place that looks like rats are waiting for leftovers......Dear God I pray they hired a janitor and he cleaned the room behind those swinging doors.......Where I am headed....
The sign stated: NO One other than personel allowed behind these doors.... Thinking here that it took forever to get a placement for treatment here, seems there is a shortage of dialysis centers available for the 800,000 patients needing it.So Ms Sassy..Keep your mouth shut lil girl! For now any way......
Each person minding his/her own business, no one seemed to care who came in or out. First stop a scale...Thats right, they weigh you in and before you leave... OH Lord is this scale gonna scream out my weight??? Whew...what a releaf... not recorded in pounds..Damn now I need a damned calculator! This is stressful. A very pleasant nurse assisted me my first visit, she assured me when she saw me looking at the unkept surroundings that all would be fine.. My lil chair was in the back... That's right, way back in the back...Now who called and told them to stick me in the damned back...Hell I can't see any thing... Well a little...OK, She agreed to turn my chair around...After I informed her I was the new Social Director! Damn nasty lookin chair note Sassy bring another blanket. But still keep your mouth shut. Man I must be VIP some man came by and introduced himself to me and ask if I wanted a handicap parking sticker? Well hell yea all the perks that go with needy. I won't tell him I was using one that had expired. LOL... Like a cop is gonna check!.. So big deal I got a new one...Now I am Official!
Oh Hell man don't lean over that it is sterile!
Now we are gonna get nasty....Sassy has a spastic Redhead fit...Only one.. But only one needed...Found it necessary to explain that this lil redhead takes sterile technique seriously...That does not mean carry out the garbage then come and hook up my "Kidney",and if you think you aren't gonna were a mask and gloves while doing this then you are mistaken..Silly her she got in a hurry....Yea hell all I need is her hurry to cost me an infection... So I proved I could be a bitch first day... Then I smiled said I was sorry but this was new too me and I was nervous...Hummm Still thinking no excuse....If you have a weak stomach then dialysis probly will bother you. If the site of blood bothers you...forget it you just lost....Tubes running from you to the machine...One tube removes your blood, sends it into a cleaning soultion, the other tube returns it to you clean....Meanwhile the toxic waste is removed and disposed of...I expected this to be gross but it is clear fluid.. They decide what is called a dry weight for you... How much you should weigh, giving facts to blood pressure and other lab works. Then remove a few pounds at a time depending on each person. They took 1 pound from me first then 2. My blood pressure started bottoming so they gave me fluids back which increased my blood pressure.What an ill feeling that was. You cramp if too much fluid is removed. Nausea as well....That was day one...
A tingling feeling throughout my body for the next day. Guess that's what clean blood feels like...
My fistula surgery failed again..... This Wednesday I will have to have surgery once again . This time in the Right arm. The ultrasound shows that I have one tiny vessle in the right arm.........
God please let tomorrow look more like Heaven..
OK Sassy time for you to start to look for a few lessons in all this....
I wish I was in love....
Someone to hold at night and be silly with would be nice....
A great big lemon ice cream cone would be nice.... against all orders.LOL
Standing on top of a mountain and letting the wind hit me in the face would be nice...
I wish I had said hello to the guy that smiled at me at the hospital...
I will never let another opportunity pass me by.
I will give my smile to a stranger every chance I have....
I will spread smiles all over that nasty dialysis center........God don't like nasty.
Sassy sure don't.....

Dear God...Are ya there? This is getting tougher. Am I praying wrong or what???
So if you're listening, this lil redhead needs ya. If you're busy I understand.....Meanwhile, look after all my friends..... Sassy

If this is the beginning of the rest of your life then somebody needs to hire a cleaning crew...Savannah Georgia..Fortunately all centers in the area are not under these conditions..Sassy[/i]
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

I would seriously be looking into a new center if I were you, and maybe consider anonymously reporting them.  No excuse for it to be dirty.  And good for you for catching that tech not being sterile!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »

Sassy,  have your or have they thought of the option of PD for you?  If they cant create a fistula, maybe PD might be better for you.  just a suggestion  :)

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »

Sassy, you are a scream, girl!  Keep writing, and I am going to keep reading!
Hope you get your centre sorted out.
A brother of mine was on dialysis and I visited him during his session a few times.  I hated that place.  You had to pass through a section of the hospital that seemed like scrap metal storage - old gurneys, etc.  That was in the General Hospital in my home country. (My brother passed away Nov 2004).
Since 1997, I have been living in the British Virgin Islands.  The day the doctor told me of my failing kidneys(Sept 05), and that I would have to start dialysis, I thought of my brother and his unit.  I cannot express how I felt.  But God was so good to me!  I went next door to talk to a nurse who was a patient and had become my friend.  Her father happened to be there and it turns out that he has been on dialysis for nearly 5 years.  that reassured me. But what really helped is that later in the night, my friend came for me and took me over to the dialysis unit.  It was in a newly opened section of the hospital - gleaming, sparkling bright!  Everything looked new and sterile.  The chairs looked so comfortable.
The next thing that happened is that I was looking about the Internet to find out about this new challenge.  On one message board, there was a certain Epoman, inviting people to this website named 'I hate dialysis.com.'  I clicked on it, and that became such a help to me.  I am glad I found it even before I started dialysis.  I was able to be much more knowledgeable about what was happening to me.  I knew the right questions to ask, etc.
What I usually tell people who would appreciate such talk is that, though the Lord has not given me the big miracle of suddenly giving me back my kidney function, He has filled my life with some small sweet miracles.

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 08:53:01 PM »

Sassy, I felt like I was right there with you.  One thing I've never thought of was the tingly feeling the night of dialysis.  Hmmm is that what clean blood feels like?  Nice post!  :D

bdpoe

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 09:32:50 PM »

Re: How Sanitary is your Clinic?
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 12:53:40 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From reading the postings on sanitation and cleanliness. many of you mentioned dirty patient bathrooms, stained chairs
and side tables, remotes not being wiped down, amoung other gross things. Some mentioned the cliinic's name and others did not. Many of the same problems exist in Hospital units as well.

Is this dangerous? Most definitely! If these things you've noticed are lacking, what else is going on that you
don't see?

Please all of you let us know how is your clinic when it comes to sanitation and cleanliness.
 THANKS
.........bdpoe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »