I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Centers
| | |-+  U-tube video clips of the great Duh-Vita in action. You must see to believe!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: U-tube video clips of the great Duh-Vita in action. You must see to believe!  (Read 20945 times)
Mongo

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 07:35:48 PM »

seems like alot of people here have bad experiences, since they are the actual patients-who actually have to live and die by Davita's rules, I think I will be more prone to believe what they say...and it seems like you are blowing off a lot of legitimate opinions. Just my :twocents;

That's the great thing about this country...you get to believe what and who you want. Dialysis is local...a bad experience is the responsibility of the FA not the company. It's my job as an FA to make DaVita's mission and values real and alive to my patients. If I fail in that job, it is because I did a poor job not because the company's philosophy is faulty.

I will not argue with a patient's first hand experience and it has not been my intention to give the impression of "blowing off" anyone who has had bad experiences. Remember, also, that I'm "the other side of the coin" responsible for the care my patients receive. I see what I see and I know what I know and I, like everyone on this board, has an opinion. Doesn't make me right or wrong...just another voice in the wilderness.

But I would hope that discussions on this board are not the only thing you base your opinions on...

Mongo
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 10:14:56 PM »

Epoman would have had you for breakfast Mongo.  I wish he were here to explain his experiences with DuhVitah!   One of the main reasons this site was started was because his posts were disappearing at an alarming rate on the Davita sites where he posted how things were going in his treatments.  He decided you cannot keep a well-informed dialysis patient down, so he started this site.  That is one reason YOU can have your say here, because he truly believed that people need to hear the truth whatever it may be.

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
Mongo

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2007, 06:01:13 AM »

Epoman would have had you for breakfast Mongo. I wish he were here to explain his experiences with DuhVitah! One of the main reasons this site was started was because his posts were disappearing at an alarming rate on the Davita sites where he posted how things were going in his treatments. He decided you cannot keep a well-informed dialysis patient down, so he started this site. That is one reason YOU can have your say here, because he truly believed that people need to hear the truth whatever it may be.

I think I would have enjoyed discussions with Epoman. From what I can tell from his posts, he was truly passionate about dialysis patient advocacy and empowerment through information. This website is his legacy to all of us in the renal community.

Often times, "truth" is a matter of perception. The more information we have, the more informed our perceptions become.

Mongo
Hawkeye
Elite Member

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2007, 07:13:44 AM »

Davita likes to have fun. You know why? Because the job we do day in and day out is damn hard. It's nice to work for a company that recognizes that and rewards us for our hard work. Music, dancing, adult beverages...it's all fun...in moderation! Sorry you don't see it for that. And, contrary to your beliefs, the meeting time is very productive.

Ok these meetings are all for the Managers and higher ups right?  What gets done for the Nurses, Patient Care Techs, Dialysis Assistants, Biomed Techs, Social Workers, and Dietitans that actually work with the patients day in and day out?  Do they get some big corporate sponsored party too?  The people that go to these meetings don't have as big of an impact on a dialysis patient as any of these professions I have mentioned.  The only way to have better experiences and treatment outcomes for the patients is to get the "grunts" to buy into the same beliefs you seem to hold.  That ain't happening in any dialysis company, and you would be lieing if you said they do.  It's the people that take direct care of the patients that hold the most influence over their treatments besides the patient themselves and they get dumped on while you all go to "meetings" and party for a week.  Sorry, but I just don't buy what your selling.  I'm also not saying that it is just Davita, but you are the only ones that seem to get caught in the act with all this overindulgent BS.  The bottom line is that every dialysis company has huge room for improvement because they spend too much time on the managers and the higher ups and not enough time on the patient care staff where it matters most.  Mind you this is just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure it's not too far off.

It's not easy being green.
Mongo

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2007, 08:26:04 AM »

Ok these meetings are all for the Managers and higher ups right? What gets done for the Nurses, Patient Care Techs, Dialysis Assistants, Biomed Techs, Social Workers, and Dietitans that actually work with the patients day in and day out? Do they get some big corporate sponsored party too?

The Academies mentioned are primarily for the nurses, techs, bmts, sws, dieticians, etc. In addition, I send my nurses and pcts to ANNA conferences and events sponsored by the Network. I send the social workers and dieticians to NKF and AKF sponsored functions as well as the Network-sponsored conferences. All of this is encourged and covered by DaVita (tuition/seminar costs,airfare, hotel, food, etc.) In addition, we often times get to take "shining stars" to the Nationwide Meeting...those teammates that have added special value in providing care for our patients.

The only way to have better experiences and treatment outcomes for the patients is to get the "grunts" to buy into the same beliefs you seem to hold. That ain't happening in any dialysis company, and you would be lieing if you said they do. It's the people that take direct care of the patients that hold the most influence over their treatments besides the patient themselves and they get dumped on while you all go to "meetings" and party for a week. Sorry, but I just don't buy what your selling.

Agreed...and that is where I as a leader come in. If my team feels "dumped on", I'm not doing my job. Sometimes, the battle is to get the team not to reject the values of the company...like many on this website have. Not everyone is going to have the same level of committment to what is going on around them...evidence this website. However, it comes down to me and the job I do in making DaVita's mission and values come alive for my patients and teammates.

It is a complete waste for me to go to the Nationwide Meeting, spend 4 days away from my units and fail to make changes or try different things when I get back. Granted, that probably does happen in some units but DaVita's intent is to give us additional tools for our tool box to make dialysis treatments better for our patients and to help us better support our teams.

Mongo
DavitastaffRN

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 11:53:12 AM »

Ok, I have been reading for awhile and I have to post and make this statement about Mongo.  Its my opinion that the person known as Mongo on here is actually someone high up in the Davita management.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 08:41:39 PM by DavitastaffRN » Logged
goofynina
Member for Life

He is the love of my life......

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »

Thank you for clarifying that DavitastaffRN ;)  I do hope you stay awhile, continue to read and see how we have become very close as a community and how we support each other.  If you wouldnt mind letting your patients know about us, i am sure they will enjoy themselves here as well.  If you can also go to the introduce yourself thread and just tell us a little something about yourself so we can formally welcome you ;)   Looking forward to hearing more from you... :2thumbsup;

Goofynina/Admin.

....and i think to myself, what a wonderful world....

www.kidneyoogle.com
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 01:03:22 PM »

Epoman would have had you for breakfast Mongo.  I wish he were here to explain his experiences with DuhVitah!   One of the main reasons this site was started was because his posts were disappearing at an alarming rate on the Davita sites where he posted how things were going in his treatments.  He decided you cannot keep a well-informed dialysis patient down, so he started this site.  That is one reason YOU can have your say here, because he truly believed that people need to hear the truth whatever it may be.

I was just thinking that, KK. 

Mongo, step away from the Kool-Aid.

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Mongo

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 04:54:03 PM »

Thank you for clarifying that DavitastaffRN ;) 

Ok, I have been reading for awhile and I have to post and make this statement about Mongo. Take it from me, this gentleman (or lady) is not a DaVita Facility Administrator. He/She knows much too much about all of the inner workings, all of the lingo, all of the talk that is so much of DaVita. No FA that I have ever met in my years with DaVita, including myself, knows all of the verbage that Mongo knows.

:lol;  :lol;  Guys...I am who I say I am! I am a Facility Administrator who has been around since DaVita's inception. Why is this so hard to believe!!   :lol;  :lol;

Now, granted, I'm probably not your typical FA when it comes to DaVita...remember the Kool-Aid and the IV pole that I walk around with. I've been to enough meetings, trainings and on plenty of conference calls to know this stuff inside and out. Apparently, DavitastaffRN, you know the verbiage too as you are confirming what I'm saying to be true DaVita. Is is so difficult that a simple FA can believe in what this company stands for?

This is not just some Facility Administrator that just happens to know what he/she is doing. This person is one of the very high level managers at DaVita. You should be proud that DaVita cares enough about what is said on this board to have one of their high level administrators reply to every negitive post.

Although I hope to be a high level manager some day, I'm not even close!

I don't know if senior management knows about this site or if they even care. I was "lurking" (as Sluff put it) for many, many months before deciding to post. I started posting because I could no longer stomach some of the things I was reading about my comany. My whole goal in posting is to show that DaVita is not the evil company most on this website believe it to be. As long as I make the mission and values come alive in my units, I'm doing all I can do.

DavitastaffRN, what are you doing to make DaVita "the best dialysis company the world has ever seen"?

Mongo
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 06:38:56 PM »

The great thing about this site is the openness for everyone to voice their opinion as long as it is kept civil and respectful to all members.

Bring it on.
DavitastaffRN

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2007, 08:24:57 PM »

You ask "DavitastaffRN, what are you doing to make DaVita "the best dialysis company the world has ever seen"?"
I do my job everyday, and I do it well. I don't have kool-aid coming out of my nose when I cough and I don't have an IV pole following me around.  If your life revolves around the DaVita core values, you are one sick puppy.
As the patients who suffer from ESRD must have to survive their situation, I have a life outside of dialysis. I have to, or I would go crazy. DaVita is no better than any other dialysis provider. As a matter of fact, in some respects, it is worse than others. I will not debate you as I truly believe you are not who you say you are.
Chicken Little

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2007, 09:37:24 PM »

Oh, I get it.  FA stands for Facility Administrator.  I was thinking it was Fuc, um, errr, something else.   :rofl;
glitter
Elite Member

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2007, 09:58:42 PM »

:rofl; :rofl; :rofl;

Jack A Adams July 2, 1957--Feb. 28, 2009
I will miss him- FOREVER

caregiver to Jack (he was on dialysis)
RCC
nephrectomy april13,2006
dialysis april 14,2006
Mongo

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 11:06:16 PM »

You ask "DavitastaffRN, what are you doing to make DaVita "the best dialysis company the world has ever seen"?"
I do my job everyday, and I do it well. I don't have kool-aid coming out of my nose when I cough and I don't have an IV pole following me around. If your life revolves around the DaVita core values, you are one sick puppy.

OK...that's cool. And I do my job everyday...and I to do it very well, too. Our common ground is that we do what we do for our patients and, although you haven't stated it anywhere that I've seen, I'm sure you do it for your teammates as well.

The kool-aid and IV pole is a sarcastic, over-exaggeration response to some accusations made about me so lighten up a bit, will ya?    :wine;

I don't know what brought you to work in dialysis or DaVita for that matter but never before did I work for a company that set out to try to do the things DaVita has done and continues to do. I found that my personal goals career-wise and who I was as a human being matched up with DaVita's values.  A simple fit...an understanding that resonates with who I am as a person...nothing sick, twisted or devious...just someone who found a job that I love. Why so many on this site find that ridiculous, absurd or threatening is beyond me. I would think everyone would welcome someone who has chosen a career to serve dialysis patients to want them to be the best they possibly can be.

And yes, I get it...a lot of people dislike...ney, hate...DaVita on this website. In a nutshell, I think the belief is that DaVita's words and deeds don't match. DaVita is a company...an in antimate object...devoid of thought, feeling, conscience. It is up to you and me and many of our teammates to make the values of DaVita come alive for our patients. Some are more successful than others at accomplishing that goal. Regardless of who is at the top running the company, I am the "gatekeeper" to my facility as FA. It begins and ends with me. So people can hate KT on this website because they think he is a phony; people can resent DaVita because of the financial success DaVita has experienced but they are all chasing a strawman argument. I believe the focus should be on their individual facilities and what can be done to improve their care at that level. It probably feels good to "rail against the man" but it's a waste of time...IMHO.

As the patients who suffer from ESRD must have to survive their situation, I have a life outside of dialysis. I have to, or I would go crazy. DaVita is no better than any other dialysis provider. As a matter of fact, in some respects, it is worse than others. I will not debate you as I truly believe you are not who you say you are.

I, too, have a rather fulfilling life away from dialysis and some might still say I'm crazy.  ;D

I'm sorry if you mistook my question of you as an invitation to debate. It was merely an invitation for you to tell the site how you, a DaVita FA (?), provide excellent patient care...something that doesn't appear to be something that the patients on IHD experience very often.

If you can't trust a person with a funny name, who posts in complete anonymity, that they are who they say they are...who can you trust?!?   :lol;

(BTW - I am really a DaVita FA!!)

Mongo
Mongo

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 11:10:21 PM »

Oh, I get it. FA stands for Facility Administrator. I was thinking it was Fuc, um, errr, something else. :rofl;

You know, that is actually quite funny...never saw that in the initials before!   :2thumbsup;   :clap;

Mongo
Mongo

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 11:40:13 PM »

Epoman would have had you for breakfast Mongo.

The more of Epoman's posts that I read the more I truly believe I would have been banned by now or taking a time out for 90 days!

Mr. (for those questioning) Mongo
Sluff
Member for Life

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2007, 06:45:08 AM »

Epoman would have had you for breakfast Mongo.

The more of Epoman's posts that I read the more I truly believe I would have been banned by now or taking a time out for 90 days!

Mr. (for those questioning) Mongo

Nah... Epoman liked a good debate..he always had an answer and yes sometimes it would get heated but he loved it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »