I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 11:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Two weeks in WARNING: Rant/Long Post
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two weeks in WARNING: Rant/Long Post  (Read 7538 times)
LorinnPKD

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:47 PM »

jmintuck, I am so glad things are going well!  I just switched to 15s, too, and it's not so bad.  Have had some discomfort with the higher flow rate, but have been able to keep that at bay with some tylenol. It's getting easier as my veins are getting used to it.

My healthy friends blanch at the thought of 15 needles and they say I am one tough lady!
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 08:42:04 PM »

The best way to lose fear of 15ga needles is to put  them in yourself.   You'll be concentrating so much on proper technique and angle that you almost forget it's your arm being punctured(*).

* Punctured - a word, along with stick, that clinic staff are trained not to use  ::)
jmintuck

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »

All I do is grow a pair. I wonder how people do get used to this at the odd time, but I am getting closer each go around. I have heard people do get used to it. Well, I am getting there. It is all these stepping stones to get there.
jmintuck

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 12:18:57 PM »

I found after a summer  of this and moving over to the main hospital in center, that it IS a bit sucky, but NOTHING like it used to be. To me it is a good coffee and a sleep and everything is ok again.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »