I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:22:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Arterial/Venous Pressure Readings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arterial/Venous Pressure Readings  (Read 2662 times)
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« on: September 04, 2016, 11:04:43 PM »

Are the arterial and venous pressure readings the same on the big machines at centers as the readings on the NxStage cycler? For example, if a person's arterial pressure is 140 on the NxStage cycler, will it also reflect as 140 on the big machines Fresenius uses? And do centers monitor or record the readings?

Husband had ESRD with Type I Diabetes -Insulin Dependent.
I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
He went back to doing in-center July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 05:51:05 AM »

In my experience, they Arterial and Venous pressure read about the same.   TMP (Trans membrane pressure) measured in center reads quite differently from the effluent pressure on NxStage.

I know the staff monitors readings and think they record them.  When I had a Baby-K at home I was required to log the pressures every 30 minutes and report them to the home care RN.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 08:10:21 PM by Simon Dog » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »

Thanks Simon Dog. I was wondering because one way we could tell when stenosis was occurring was seeing a higher arterial pressure. We can still feel the bruit but notice some pulsating and that's what prompted me to ask him about his pressures. He can't see them from the treatment chair like he was able to at home so he's going to ask them what his pressures are and to tell the neph it's time for an appt with the vascular guy (and probably another angioplasty). It's the balloon jobs that have been keeping his fistula alive so he doesn't mind going in and the neph applauds us for staying on-top of the warning signs.   

I was his care-partner for home hemodialysis using Nxstage December 2013-July 2016.
After more than 150 days of being hospitalized with complications from Diabetes, my beloved husband's heart stopped and he passed away 06-08-21. He was only 63.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »

Ask the clinic staff to turn the machine so the patient can see the screen.

sp mod Cas
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:40:19 AM by cassandra » Logged
PrimeTimer
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:42:03 PM »

They showed my husband his AVF pressures during treatment today. (thanks for the tip Simon Dog). The machine was not alarming but the pressures were at 190 for both the arterial and venous, which is high for him. His neph is making him an appt with the vascular man ASAP (hopefully that means this week). It's been 5 mos since his last balloon so this isn't surprising. Better often than not...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »