I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:20:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Dialysis and Nutrition
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis and Nutrition  (Read 1985 times)
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« on: March 09, 2016, 10:46:22 AM »

I wasn't sure about whether to post this in Dialysisi: General Discussion, or in Dialysis: Diet and Recipes, deciding it may have more exposer in General Discussion even tho it is food related it is a serious concern of all that are on Dialysis.

Ultimately, Administration may elect to leave it here or move it to Diet and Recipes.

While only 3 years on PD I am constantly learning more about the foods I eat and most importantly, how they will effect my labs and my health.

My Nutrition ist gave me a copy of the AAKP Nutrition Counter.  36 pages that lists the essential information we need on many foods.  This list includes Potassium, Phosphorus, Sodium Protein, etc., and is a very good source for those wanting to pay closer attention to these elements in your diet.

I've attached a copy of the pdf file that is found on the web site of the American Association of Kidney Patients.

https://www.aakp.org/education/brochures/item/aakp-nutrition-counter-a-reference-for-the-kidney-patient.html

Take Care, eat wisely, and take your binders,

Charlie B53

Edited - Misspelling in Title - Charlie B53 - Moderator - 3/9/16
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:48:57 AM by Charlie B53 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »