I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Members locations
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Members locations  (Read 50123 times)
nursewratchet

"Either do it, or don't do it, don't try"

« Reply #200 on: December 03, 2008, 04:19:37 AM »

San Antonio  Texas!!!  I have a son in Milford, Texas, close to Ennis and Waxahachie.

RN, Facility Administrator 2002 to present
RN, Staff Nurse 1996-2002
Vicki
momsonhd

« Reply #201 on: December 03, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »

North Royalton, Ohio (suburb of Cleveland)

Mom started dialysis 6/2008 with perma cath due to fistula failure;  second fistula surgery end of October, 2008; Hoping this fistula will work!
CW

Yeah .............That's me!

« Reply #202 on: December 03, 2008, 01:21:45 PM »

Hello Everyone

Frappr map questions
Well, the only benefit of using your real e-mail is that if you forget your password you can have it sent to you.

I as the admin cannot see the e-mails but we do not "own" the map and it is a beta version, so whomever runs the site might have access to that information I have not received any spam from this site as of yet.

If you have any questions that I can answer (kinda/sorta) please feel free to IM me  ;D

CW

*Common Sense is an uncommon thing

20 years navigating ESRD
Had a transplant but it rejected

To all of my kidney brothers and sisters who have left too soon -
Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss you like hell.  ~Edna St Vincent Millay
mickey1973

« Reply #203 on: December 04, 2008, 03:15:53 AM »

Snowy Scotland - near Edinburgh :2thumbsup;
drinkboy

« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »

Latham, NY...about 10 miles north of the capital, Albany
wrandym

Whatever, dude!

« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2008, 07:43:20 AM »

Lewes, Delaware here.  The area is generally known as "Slower Lower"

Abyssus abyssum invocat

1982 Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes-started on pork insulin
1999 Started showing protein in urine
2000 Retinal issues began-ended with losing sight in both eyes due to retinal detachment-sight returned by surgery
2003 Started on Insulin Pump
2008 November started hemodialysis
Budluv

« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »

Rathdrum Idaho here. Just outside of Coeur D' Alene (Next too Spokane Wa.)  ???
talker

Talkers oil painting

« Reply #207 on: January 18, 2016, 07:05:23 AM »

Chicago, Il.

While this topic shows locations in many areas, (state side and world wide) wonder if every country in the world would eventually show a member from IHD.

Be Well

"Wabi-sabi nurtures the authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect."

Don't ever give up hope, expect a miracle, pray as if you were going to die the next moment in time, but live life as if you were going to live forever."

A wise man once said, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #208 on: January 18, 2016, 08:41:11 AM »

Wright City, Missouri
Basic small town, just a widening alongside I-70 about 60 miles West of St Louis.

So small we only have one traffic light, and it is flashing red.

Warrenton 7 miles to the West is a really swinging town.  They had TWO working traffic lights.  And a few years ago they added another pair at their freeway exchange.

Swinging, freely, when the wind blows.

Our house is exactly between both towns, 3 1/2 miles to either one.
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #209 on: January 18, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

About 20 miles west of Boston in the Democratic Peoples Republik of MA
kristina
Member for Life

« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »

Wright City, Missouri
Basic small town, just a widening alongside I-70 about 60 miles West of St Louis.

So small we only have one traffic light, and it is flashing red.

Warrenton 7 miles to the West is a really swinging town.  They had TWO working traffic lights.  And a few years ago they added another pair at their freeway exchange.

Swinging, freely, when the wind blows.

Our house is exactly between both towns, 3 1/2 miles to either one.

Hello Charlie,
I believe the Niebuhr-brothers were born in Wright City Missouri America ?
Kristina.

Bach was no pioneer; his style was not influenced by any past or contemporary century.
  He was completion and fulfillment in itself, like a meteor which follows its own path.
                                        -   Robert Schumann  -

...  Oportet Vivere ...
kickingandscreaming
Elite Member

« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2016, 08:02:37 PM »

I'm also 20 miles west of Boston-- but I don't live with Simon Dog.  I live in a town so small that we only have one traffic light.

Diagnosed with Stage 2 ESRD 2009
Pneumonia 11/15
Began Hemo 11/15 @6%
Began PD 1/16 (manual)
Began PD (Cycler) 5/16
Vt Big Rig

« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2016, 04:16:49 AM »

Hard to believe ANYTHING within 20 miles of Boston has only one stoplight. :rofl; :rofl;

I grew up outside of Boston and I can't stand going back there the traffic EVERYWHERE is so bad.

VT Big Rig
Diagnosed - October 2012
Started with NxStage - April 2015
6 Fistula grams in 5 months,  New upper fistula Oct 2015, But now old one working fine, until August 2016 and it stopped, tried an angio, still no good
Started on new fistula .
God Bless my wife and care partner for her help
Charlie B53
Elite Member

« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2016, 06:46:34 AM »

Glad to see this thread brought back.  I don't know if the initial 'map' project is still happening, but I am sure we have a lot of new members join since this thread has been left behind.

What could be neat is if anyone that has the ability to take a world map and add in the waypoints for each member that has posted in this thread.  Then send it ti kitkatz for approval.  Hopefully admin will lilke it enough they will make a space for it and post it so everyone can look at it as see the dots/member names.  It could be neat to find people close enough, possibly lead to 'local' meetings so we can actually put real faces to a couple of names.

I know the Baxter truck makes one other delivery in my area but because of the 'privacy laws' there is no way they will let either of us know anything about the other.

Won't even give the other person my phone number.  And I said "Please!"

Any volunteer to re-make a current map?
Simon Dog
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »

Hard to believe ANYTHING within 20 miles of Boston has only one stoplight. :rofl; :rofl;

I grew up outside of Boston and I can't stand going back there the traffic EVERYWHERE is so bad.
It's not that bad in my area except if you are heading west during rush hour (I head east, so it is not a problem).  The advantage of being in a dense area is many clinics.  The clinic that supports my dialysis is 10 minutes from my house (including the time to park), and the backup clinic is 30 minutes, with a third about 40 minutes away.

I'm in Gordon, Texas for a few days and had to drive about 75 miles through the most unpopulated areas you can imagine (think cactus, multi-thousand acre ranches, and oil wells) to finally get to a town in the middle of nowhere with a dialysis clinic (I don't haul the NxStage when traveling)
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2016, 08:07:56 AM »

Arlington, VA part of the Washington DC area

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Sue

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2016, 03:07:31 AM »

Perth, Western Australia

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »