I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 10:39:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  Thoughts and prayers for Jimmie Lawson
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts and prayers for Jimmie Lawson  (Read 4074 times)
plugger

I only look like a sheep - but I ain't

« on: November 02, 2015, 06:24:43 AM »

From the Dialysis Advocates' facebook page: This is the patient that the ESRD Networks and CMS was so concerned about and put him on the fast track.

ESRD and CMS and Corporate Fresenius who did nothing to protect him knowing that he was in fear for his life, and with full knowledge at Corporate Fresenius up to Rice Powell they allowed this clinic to terminate him, after much information that he was being harassed for complaining about care. They still have not responded and refuse updates to family and advocate. They do as they please. This is for complaining to them, is what has caused this. This could be you and patients need to speak out. We are getting this out and need all the stories that will be kept confidential to the Justice Dept and an Oversees paper that would like to see the stories.

This man is TERMINATED and is doing Dialysis only in Emergency situation when critical labs reach that state. He was denied treatment at St. Mary's Hospital Emergency Room due to his wife calling too much. He was in an emergency state. Will post letter.

The current hospital St. Luke's states he needs to do dialysis 3 times a week, but he is told to come in 3 times a week- waiting hours to be denied many times as he was yesterday, even though he could not breath, his K was below critical and had to sleep sitting up, as he cannot breath. He has to go in to see if he can today.

This is life and death and this has been ongoing all the way up to Patrick Conway MD at CMS and Sylvia Burwell Secretary of HHS, along with other Fresenius officials.

Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed, renewed in 2012 and 2019

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

On my tombstone: He was a good kind of crazy

www.dialysisethics2.org
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 04:11:34 PM »

Can he try to go to DaVita?  Even if we called 60 Minutes to look into this it can be too late for us.  We can only fight a short time and they know this.

cassandra
Elite Member

When all else fails run in circles, shout loudly

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:14:34 PM »

This is just too crazy. What can I say? What can I do? Just glad I live on this site of the pond.

Love, possitive vibes,strength, luck, Cas

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left

1983 high proteinloss in urine, chemo, stroke,coma, dialysis
1984 double nephrectomy
1985 transplant from dad
1998 lost dads kidney, start PD
2003 peritineum burst, back to hemo
2012 start Nxstage home hemo
2020 start Gambro AK96

still on waitinglist, still ok I think
Bungarian

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 02:17:09 AM »

Find a Davita clinic and go see one of their nephrologist. They can get you scheduled a lot easier than just calling the clinic yourself.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 04:24:39 AM »

Even more troubling Google Jimmie Lawson and dialysis and Fresinius no hits this guy is in danger of loosing his life and there is no activity in the news.  Even if he was a PITA he should not be sentenced to death.
smartcookie

LMSW

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:17:12 AM »

He needs to call his regional Kidney Council.  By law, the clinic needs to find another place for him to dialyze before "kicking" him out.  At least in South Carolina that's the case.  I have had to find emergency placement for patients  in the past due to verbal and physical threats that have been made against them or by them to staff.  If he needs phone numbers to his Kidney Council, let me know where he lives and I will find the number for him. 

I am a renal social worker.  I am happy to help answer questions, but please talk to your clinic social worker for specifics on your particular situation.
Michael Murphy
Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »

At the minimum he needs a lawyer to ask the courts to intervene.
Bungarian

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »

What is the update on this?
plugger

I only look like a sheep - but I ain't

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 08:03:24 AM »

The last time I contacted Arlene at Dialysis Advocates the most I could get out of her was 'not good'.  Most of the time DA handles these situations quietly and behind-the-scenes.  I figured it has hit the fan when I'm seeing posts like that.  But if anybody can help Jimmie, it would be Arlene and DA, she has been doing this for almost 20 years and has helped so many patients: http://dialysisadvocates.com/patient-stories/

Proud member of DialysisEthics since 2000

DE responsible for:

*2000 US Senate hearings

*Verified statistics on "Dialysis Facility Compare"

*Doctors have to review charts before they can be reimbursed

*2000 and 2003 Office of Inspector General (OIG) reports on the conditions in dialysis

*2007 - Members of DialysisEthics worked for certification of hemodialysis
technicians in Colorado - bill passed, renewed in 2012 and 2019

*1999 to present - nonviolent dismissed patients returned to their
clinics or placed in other clinics or hospitals over the years

On my tombstone: He was a good kind of crazy

www.dialysisethics2.org
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 09:22:27 AM »

I would be interested in hearing more about the situation and why he was "terminated," including the history going into the termination.  I know that corporations can be cruel, but also I assume dialysis have fairly clear guidelines for treatment under federal law or rules.  If this was a decision including the CEO you can be sure that Fresenius has strong documentation on the situation and believes that they are on firm legal standing.

The following quote makes me wonder what the other side/s (or even his side) of the story is given a second center has denied him treatment.
He was denied treatment at St. Mary's Hospital Emergency Room due to his wife calling too much. He was in an emergency state. Will post letter.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
iolaire
Elite Member

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2015, 09:24:02 AM »

Also sites like http://consumerist.com/ might be the best locations to try to pickup a story like this.  They publish a good verity of consumer interest stories.

Transplant July 2017 from out of state deceased donor, waited three weeks the creatine to fall into expected range, dialysis December 2013 - July 2017.

Well on dialysis I traveled a lot and posted about international trips in the Dialysis: Traveling Tips and Stories section.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »