I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 04:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  going away
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: going away  (Read 4515 times)
babi68

« on: June 21, 2006, 10:10:03 PM »

Ok. guys I am leaving you for about 10 days. My daughter is playing basketball, she is representing Canberra. We are off to Ballarat which is about 10 hours away. I can't believe I am actually excited about doing dialysis somewhere different. Will miss my daily tetris game :D Maybe someone might knock me off the high score (hyperlite).. take care all. Liz ;D
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:16:52 AM »

Enjoy!  Hope your daughter does well.  Have a great trip, and don't forget to tell us all about your experience at the new centre.
Your tetris game is safe from me, at least! ;)

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
hyperlite

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:02:24 PM »

haha I retired from Tetris...
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 04:37:52 PM »

haha I retired from Tetris...

You're going to retire in 3rd place.  ::) You can't retire unless you are in 1st place.  ;)

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Sara
Elite Member

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

Have fun!

Sara, wife to Joe (he's the one on dialysis)

Hemodialysis in-center since Jan '06
Transplant list since Sept '06
Joe died July 18, 2007
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 08:07:32 PM »

Have a great time and let us know how it goes. 

babi68

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

OK everyone I am back. Well that was a nice break. Ended up doing 4 sessions away. The unit was very nice. Staff were friendly and it was clean. Did things a little differently to what I am used to. They use Gambro down there so I couldn't run myself on. Still did my own needles though. Was told not to use my mobile as it interferes with the machine, so I put it on silent and messaged my hubby and not once did the machine beep. They had no idea I was using it. I noticed another patient looking and watching me but I just kept on with it. My daughter ended up 5th out of 16 which is o.k as we are only a little team compared to the rest of Australia. If anyone ever wants to do dialysis in Ballarat, Victoria I give it a 8 out of 10. Now I must go and catch up on all the new posts. Liz :P
kevno

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 04:19:51 PM »

We use Grambro AK200 in our unit. We have never been told not to use our mobiles. The Techs say the machines have been OK with mobiles for over 15 years now. Welcome back, glad everything went OK for you.

Kevno

But this little saying keeps me going!!

"RENAL PATIENTS NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!"
Epoman
Administrator/Owner
Elite Member

Want to help out? Become a Premium Member today

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »

OK everyone I am back. Well that was a nice break. Ended up doing 4 sessions away. The unit was very nice. Staff were friendly and it was clean. Did things a little differently to what I am used to. They use Gambro down there so I couldn't run myself on. Still did my own needles though. Was told not to use my mobile as it interferes with the machine, so I put it on silent and messaged my hubby and not once did the machine beep. They had no idea I was using it. I noticed another patient looking and watching me but I just kept on with it. My daughter ended up 5th out of 16 which is o.k as we are only a little team compared to the rest of Australia. If anyone ever wants to do dialysis in Ballarat, Victoria I give it a 8 out of 10. Now I must go and catch up on all the new posts. Liz :P

Welcome back Liz,

5th out of 16 is good. There are ALOT of new posts for you to read. You're still the tetris champ. Welcome back, we missed you.

- Epoman

- Epoman
Owner/Administrator
13+ Years In-Center Hemo-Dialysis. (NO Transplant)
Current NxStage & PureFlow User.

Please help us advertise, post our link to other dialysis message boards. You
Bajanne
Member for Life

Goofynina and Epoman - Gone But Not Forgotten

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 06:30:01 PM »

Great to have you back.  Congratulations to your daughter.  See how many new posts in that little space of time?  Now go and deal with the gamers!

"To be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own ...but that which is based on faith"

I LOVE  my IHD family! :grouphug;
babi68

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 10:13:38 PM »

Thanks, She put alot of pressure on herself and was a little disappointed in her performance. Some of the girls were huge. One was about 6'6 at least. My daughter is just under 6', so she had to work hard. I only missed 2 games the whole time. Gosh you guys have been busy. Back to reading..... Liz :P
Rerun
Member for Life

Going through life tied to a chair!

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2006, 10:43:47 PM »

Liz... welcome home.  I just visited a center in Seattle.  It is funny how every center does it different.  You would think that there would be "some" standards.  This place made me hold my breath when they were hooking up each catheter tube. 

Maybe they just "jerk" around the visitors.....  "okay, now when I take your blood pressure I need you to touch your tongue to your nose"  Then they go in the back room and crack up laughing!   >:D

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »