I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 01:22:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis - NxStage Users
| | |-+  Dialysis Recliner
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dialysis Recliner  (Read 6629 times)
vcarmody

« on: December 21, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »

I have been going crazy trying to find a company that supplies dialysis recliners for home hemo.  My husband has 3 insurance company's and all 3 state they pay for the chair or the monthly rental fee, but I can not find any companies out there that seem to work with the public only with clinics. I found one company in Newton NJ that would get one for me, I would have had to pay for it and then submit it to my insurance company, I was OK with that until I realized they were getting a Geri chair and not an actual dialysis chair.   Has anyone had any luck in renting a chair or buying one privately? If so can you tell me the name and location and maybe the phone #.  Thank you!!

Caregiver to husband Chris, NxStage 11-2009
silverhead

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »

We had a couple of very nice Lane recliners at home when we started NxStage training and decided to use one of them as Sharon's D chair, it has worked out great, so very much more comfortable and easy to adjust seating position compared to the standard clinic chairs, I would think you could convince the Insurance people to pay for one when you mention that it would be a whole lot cheaper than a "medical" chair......
Tom

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
dwcrawford
Member for Life

Getting the heck out of town.

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 06:20:37 AM »

Yesterday there were around 20 chairs in the parking lot with signs telling people to take them... guess there was something wrong with them though.  And if they are like the one I sit in, it isn't terrible comfortable.  There were three in the back at the trash pickup so guess they were in really bad shape.

Come to think of it, nothing is funny anymore.

Nothing that I post here is intended for fact but rather for exploration into my personal thought processes.  Any slight, use of words with multiple connotations or other percieved insults are totally unintended.  I reserve my insults for private.
willowtreewren
Member for Life

My two beautifull granddaughters

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:23:27 AM »

Our clinic supplied our chair for us.  :2thumbsup;

We even got to choose the color so it would match our decor better.

It can go completely flat if needed, the back will come off, it has that platform that can be raised for pressing the feet against in case of cramps. Carl has modified it somewhat to have side platforms for all his stuff.  :rofl;

Why not see if you can get one through your clinic?

Aleta

Wife to Carl, who has PKD.
Mother to Meagan, who has PKD.
Partner for NxStage HD August 2008 - February 2011.
Carl transplanted with cadaveric kidney, February 3, 2011. :)
petey

MEMBER BANNED

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 03:14:29 PM »

We contacted Marvin's former clinic when we switched to home hemo and asked for a used recliner when they bought new ones (many of the "old" ones are still in good condition).  We got three calls in one day -- and we went and got all three recliners.  Marvin uses one in his home "clinic" and kept one for a "spare."  He tried to give the other one away to another home hemo patient, but nobody wanted it.  So, we've put it in storage.
Malibu

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 05:16:33 PM »

We found a used one on Craigslist.  Found out afterword that Medicare will pay for a chair!  Good tip on contacting the clinic about a call when they buy new ones.  The one we got was rusted inside.  MM spent several hours with it and it is now in better shape.
nicole07

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:31 PM »

I have seen a lot of people use the best recliners for medical conditions and were very satisfied with them. Recliners are so comfortable and also look great, I’m going to get one too.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »