I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 02:23:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  How did you hear of IHD?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How did you hear of IHD?  (Read 26484 times)
kitkatz
Member for Life

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2014, 02:40:50 PM »

2nd Warning

Please get back on topic.

The topic is: How did you hear of IHD.com?

If there is anymore personal sniping at each other on this thread it will be locked.

kitkatz- Admin

lifenotonthelist.com

Ivanova: "Old Egyptian blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk." Babylon 5

Remember your present situation is not your final destination.

Take it one day, one hour, one minute, one second at a time.

"If we don't find a way out of this soon, I'm gonna lose it. Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!" Jack O'Neill - SG-1
MooseMom
Member for Life

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »

I have a story to tell!  I can't believe I didn't post about this earlier; I thought I had, but maybe I was dreaming.

Anyway, last month around St. Patrick's Day, we went into a coffee shop, and along the bar was a chalkboard all equipped with different colored chalk.  Everyone was invited to write what their good luck charm was.  I thought this might be a good opportunity for a little bit of renal advocacy, so I wrote "my new kidney".  The place was pretty full with lots of kids running around, so I didn't think anyone would notice who wrote what, but several people did, and one customer stopped me, congratulate me and then told me about how his next door neighbor was on dialysis and was also on the list.  So I told him about this site and suggested he might want to mention it to his neighbor.  So who knows?  Maybe that person is lurking right now and will come tell us how he found IHD.   :thumbup;

"Eggs are so inadequate, don't you think?  I mean, they ought to be able to become anything, but instead you always get a chicken.  Or a duck.  Or whatever they're programmed to be.  You never get anything interesting, like regret, or the middle of last week."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »