I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 01:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: General Discussion
| | |-+  New Houston Dialysis Patient Support Group!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Houston Dialysis Patient Support Group!!!  (Read 2145 times)
estonb

Dialysis Patient Since 2001

« on: February 24, 2014, 02:33:48 PM »

A new dialysis support group has been created in Houston, TX.  This is a patient run group specifically for dialysis patients only - no outsiders allowed!

We can talk/vent to other dialysis patients without fear of repercussion from doctors, nurses, or clinic staff! Experienced dialysis patients can give much needed help to newer dialysis patients (I remember when I  started dialysis - I had a hard time assimilating all of the information into my life. I really could of used an experienced patient to talk to as opposed to the social worker who didn't really have a clue about having to live with all of the changes}. If the group feels like it, we can have an outing or something fun.

The main goal of this group I am starting is to provide an outlet for dialysis patients. An outlet OUTSIDE of the clinic.

Anyone interested in this group and wants specific information regarding time and place. Please email me at:
            estonbdialysis@gmail.com

Looking forward to this group getting off the ground!

Eston Burciaga

EDITED:Merged two topics together on same topic-kitkatz,Admin
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:00:52 AM by kitkatz » Logged

Took me a VERY long time and almost all of the different dialysis modalities to finally accept and be comfortable with all of the life changes associated with being a dialysis patient.
estonb

Dialysis Patient Since 2001

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »

I am starting a new support group for dialysis patients in Houston, TX.

This is a suport group for dialysis patients, run by a dialysis patient (not affiliated with any organization or facility). It is a place for patients to discuss/vent about the variety of issues that only dialysis patients are faced with - without any repercussions from facility staff members or doctors! It is a great place for dialysis "newbies" to learn how to cope with their strange, new life on dialysis by talking with dialysis "veterans" in a no-pressure environment (I remember how relieving it would have been when I first started dialysis to have had an experienced dialysis patient to talk to instead of the social worker who, realistically, had no idea what it was REALLY like to be a dialysis patient). If members of the group want to, a fun outing somewhere in Houston can also be arranged.

If you are interested and want more details, contact me at:
           estonbdialysis@gmail.com

EDITED:Removed phone number-kitkatz,Admin
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:04:15 AM by kitkatz » Logged

Took me a VERY long time and almost all of the different dialysis modalities to finally accept and be comfortable with all of the life changes associated with being a dialysis patient.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »